Air Jordan 1 High “Black Toe” – 2013 NO buying,selling-trading

So who thinks that next year or sometime this year they will release the chicagos again with the Nike Air treatment just to make a quick buck? and who (the people who scooped the Chicagos w/o the NA treatment) will cop them?

@ wtfchi, Banned's insole is white and mine stay looking nice and white. And that's my go to shoe so it has been worn a lot. There shouldn't be any issue with it getting just extremely dirty, no more than a baby blue or turquoise insole would.

These new pics are driving me nuts! Got me like
View media item 404193

Last edited:
nah engineer it's different. GrapeApe pointed it out to me. The parachute material on the cdp and banned 1s is like the soft OG material used in '85 by Nike. The material on the 2013s is a stiffer nylon.
You're right, it's not the exact same material but it's a lot closer than the sample version (which had the same material as the royals/knicks).  I wouldn't assume that it won't yellow.

You're right, it's not the exact same material but it's a lot closer than the sample version (which had the same material as the royals/knicks).  I wouldn't assume that it won't yellow.
I honestly didn't even think of yellowing until you just brought it up. Guess it was in the back of my mind since the other 2013 tongues weren't white. God I hope it won't .. But you never know.

Kind of like the black/gold 1s from April have a translucent glitter sole... I wonder what that'll look like in a few years

honestly on 1s yellowing is amazing, fake yellowing like on the white/red KOs was stupid (took it off myself like many others) but the canvas yellowing they did was nice and if its done over time i think it makes 1s look better and more classic

I honestly didn't even think of yellowing until you just brought it up. Guess it was in the back of my mind since the other 2013 tongues weren't white. God I hope it won't .. But you never know.

Kind of like the black/gold 1s from April have a translucent glitter sole... I wonder what that'll look like in a few years
I have a DS pair of 94 Chicagos that still look pretty good. The tongue is slightly yellow but not enough to make a huge difference.  So hopefully it won't be too bad. I honestly don't think the black/golds will ever really look that bad.  The gold color is already there (although everyone calls it piss when it happens to icy soles).  So it might just get darker but probably won't ever kill the look of the shoe like it would on a pair of 5s or concords etc.

Once I get these and Shadows out of the way, I'm good on 1s til they bless us with a real release of the Black n Reds.

The black and red 1's will be a great way to end the year. I wonder what we'll see between the shadows and the black/red 1's. Maybe the white and royal 1's but if we could just get 1 of the metallic series 1's with OG treatment I would probably explode of joy and anticipation

The black and red 1's will be a great way to end the year. I wonder what we'll see between the shadows and the black/red 1's. Maybe the white and royal 1's but if we could just get 1 of the metallic series 1's with OG treatment I would probably explode of joy and anticipation
Would be nice if we got a real high top unc 1 nike air treatment this year

Me too. I'm hoping for at least one more OG surprise this year.

^  I think he's in Asia.  These were supposed to drop yesterday in Asia region.

Last edited:
Can't wait for these... i've fallen in love with the 1's and these are close to the top :smokin hopefully NDC is legit and they have them this time but we all know what happened with the royals a week before RD

It shouldn't since its not parachute like the CDP 1.

It is though. It's the same nylon material as the celtics and black/golds.

CDP 1, Blk/Gold, Clovers all had parachute tongues like mostly all 1's after '85. The tongues used on the OG '13 retros (aside from the Golds & Clovers) are true to the originals which don't have a satin/polyester like finish.

View media item 404335Peep the blk/red tongue. It's used on 1's like the 94 retros, 01 retros, Clovers, CDP, etc. So of its a white tongue the satin finish would cause the white to yellow like the 94 Chicago 1's for instance.

View media item 40433785 & '13 Royals.
Same materials, no satin finish. The white tongues on the '85s, Banned, & '13 OG retros use the same materials which are a mix of nylon and cotton. The absence of polyester eliminates the shiny finish. So the tongues won't yellow as dramatically as the parachute tongues. Blk Toes tongues won't yellow like the CDPs. They'll be good.

Last edited:
It actually makes perfect sense. NA editions of the 1's this year are at a premium price over their AJ branded counterparts such as the "Chiacgo's". It makes perfect sense that they use slightly different materials to "justify" the price difference as well as physical branding on the shoe as well..just my thoughts.
I think he's saying it doesn't make sense that they could do these right and yet the chicagos were such a dissapointment. I can't understand that either.
Exactly, it doesn't make sense that you'd neglect this one particular OG colorway when the differences are the color of the leather on the toe cap. I know that's been mentioned before, but it was so glaring when looking at the back of the shoe and in those latest photos, because the back of the shoes are identical (minus the shiny, crappy leather and Jumpman on the Chicago's).

Last edited:
When was the last time these released? I seen some OG cat wearing them in Catalina Island 3 weeks ago. These are nice

So who thinks that next year or sometime this year they will release the chicagos again with the Nike Air treatment just to make a quick buck? and who (the people who scooped the Chicagos w/o the NA treatment) will cop them?

I copped the chicagos w/o the NA treatment and if they were to release them with the N/A treatment I would cop those as well.

Back
Top Bottom