Air Jordan 1 High “Black Toe” – 2013 NO buying,selling-trading

I think all AJ 1s run TTS, I had to settle for a 11.5 instead of my normal sz 11 in the royals and they feel big....currently looking for a sz swap locally but it's not looking good at all

would you guys say that the chicago 1s run differently than the other NA 1s? im curious cause of how better the quality is on the NA 1s compared to the chicago 1s

My osneaker pair came in today. 
pimp.gif

Retail or bust for these man. Im not trying to drop a grip for these like I did for the Royals

That's not neccessarily true for everybody. I have royals and chicagos and they are tts as hell. Air jordan 1s are just made like that. Theyre not slip ons. You have to loosen the laces alot when putting them on like putting on chucks. Furthermore I think people on NT should stop voluntarily giving thier opinion on sizing. Including me after this post. Granted everyones feet are different, you are also always better off going with your true size. If you find yourself always having to "size up" then your true size is probably if not certainly a half size/size up. All my shoes are the same size 10 with exception of a couple of runners that I buy half size up on purpose, though its not neccessary. Y'all need to stop leading people astray by telling them to buy out of their size because you/ whoever has been used to buying shoes that are too small for you or worse just not your size. It's annoys me to see that and I feel bad for the dudes that ask other dudes in here about sizing. Basically letting a stranger choose your size for you.
mean.gif

Moral, find your true size, know your true size, and when in doubt go with your true size. End rant.
Mate.

Different models have a different fit. People have different sized feet, wide/narrow/6 toes, who knows.

People are allowed to ask how they fit, and their also allowed to voice the opinion on how they fit. It shouldn't annoy you, its a thread, you can't be happy with everything that is posted. Personally I love how people help each other, gives them and me a feel of what sizes I should aim for. Last month I bought a pair of huarache's and I aimed for a 10/10.5 even though I am a 9, because people on the thread told me that they run super short, and the 10's fit me perfect!

We aren't letting other people decide?? In the end it is up to us to pull the trigger on what sizes we want, whether we decide from trying them on, or based on help from other people that actually own the shoe. 

Mate.

Different models have a different fit. People have different sized feet, wide/narrow/6 toes, who knows.
People are allowed to ask how they fit, and their also allowed to voice the opinion on how they fit. It shouldn't annoy you, its a thread, you can't be happy with everything that is posted. Personally I love how people help each other, gives them and me a feel of what sizes I should aim for. Last month I bought a pair of huarache's and I aimed for a 10/10.5 even though I am a 9, because people on the thread told me that they run super short, and the 10's fit me perfect!

We aren't letting other people decide?? In the end it is up to us to pull the trigger on what sizes we want, whether we decide from trying them on, or based on help from other people that actually own the shoe. 

A whole size up? Which huaraches are you talking about? I have grey/black "bo jackson" huarache trainers (and have owned a few huraches in the past) if we talking about those, yeah those are as well tts for me. If I bought a hurache today it would my usual true size 10 and I'm sure they would fit fine. Just don't get how you or anybody would have to go up a whole size, regardless of shoe. Perhaps you are buying your shoes too small to begin with IMO. I can understand some people just like their shoes snug but doesnt mean thats their true size. Hey buy what you like and what makes you feel comfortable I'm just saying. Just hate to see someone ask how is sizing and hear some random person with 14 post say go half size up and it becomes the general concenses to "size up" when that is only true for the person saying it, not everyone who's buying the shoe. Then you hear the complaints from the dudes that bought too big based off one or two misconceived opinions when they should have just went with their "true size" even better, tried them on. Now you walking around with the boats on or shoes that are too tight, looking to trade for a bigger/smaller size. Again, find your size. Peace

Note: One shoe I know of that did warrant going up 1/2 a size where the Lebron IX. Those shoes are atrociously snug in the toe area.This is fact. So I can't say my opinion is true for ALL shoes but it is for mostly all. TTS FTW.

Last edited:
A whole size up? Which huaraches are you talking about? I have grey/black "bo jackson" huarache trainers (and have owned a few huraches in the past) if we talking about those, yeah those are as well tts for me. If I bought a hurache today it would my usual true size 10 and I'm sure they would fit fine. Just don't get how you or anybody would have to go up a whole size, regardless of shoe. Perhaps you are buying our shoes too small to begin with IMO. I can understand some people just like their shoes snug but doesnt mean thats their true size. Hey buy what you like and what makes you feel comfortable I'm just saying. Just hate to see someone ask how is sizing and hear some random person with 14 post say go half size up and it becomes the general concenses to "size up" when that is only true for the person saying it not everyone who's buying the shoe. Then you hear the complaints from the dudes that bought too big based off one or two misconceived opinions when they should have just went with their "true size". Now you walking around with the boats on looking to trade for a bigger/smaller size. Again, find your size. Peace
Huarache OG turq/yellow, euro only release a few months ago. Everyone went a whole size up even 1.5, due to the rubber band heel counter (i.e. the shoes model/fit) If everyone including myself didn't ask then everyone would be looking for a trade cause they cant get their feet in the shoe? I am a size 9 all my j's are 9's. But I do take into consideration what people say about the shoe, I have a wider feet for example so if people say a model runs narrow I go 9.5. Again, its up to us to pull the trigger. If someone buy a shoe based completely on someone's opinion and its too small/big, that's their fault. I agree 'find your own size' but that can include asking people for help, so don't hate on people that just want a little help, or give their opinion, their allowed to.

Why is there a tag on the shoes in the Black Toes picture? I never saw one on any of NA 1's (Knicks, Celtics, Royals US & Europe version) I own.

Huarache OG turq/yellow, euro only release a few months ago. Everyone went a whole size up even 1.5, due to the rubber band heel counter (i.e. the shoes model/fit) If everyone including myself didn't ask then everyone would be looking for a trade cause they cant get their feet in the shoe? I am a size 9 all my j's are 9's. But I do take into consideration what people say about the shoe, I have a wider feet for example so if people say a model runs narrow I go 9.5. Again, its up to us to pull the trigger. If someone buy a shoe based completely on someone's opinion and its too small/big, that's their fault. I agree 'find your own size' but that can include asking people for help, so don't hate on people that just want a little help, or give their opinion, their allowed to.

I agree. They are. Not trying to hate on people. I want to help others too. It's all good.

I don't get the people asking other people how the shoe fits. Obviously it's gonna fit differently on each persons foot. Sounds as stupid as fools asking other fools if they should go up or down a size every time a new condom comes out smh

Why is there a tag on the shoes in the Black Toes picture? I never saw one on any of NA 1's (Knicks, Celtics, Royals US & Europe version) I own.
The orange tag is a Korea/Asia thing.  I just came back from spending four years in Korea.  I miss the easy/orderly/early cops over there.  They all had the orange tag.

That said, my osneaker pair came in today.  They are definitely nice.  At first glance I thought they were comparable to the Royals quality.  But I think the quality is slightly better on the Royals.  I noticed the biggest difference on the black part at the top of the collar above the heel.  The Royals seemed a bit softer than the Black Toes.  It could be because I've worn the Royals a few times already but I don't think so.  This is how I'd rank the quality of the non-KO 1s I've copped over the past year or so:

1. RTTG Vegas

2. Royals

3. Black Toes

4. Cal/Marquette Mids

5. Chicagos

^makes sense to me, i personally like the chicagos (yeah they have sub par quality) they are such a classic colorway i love them on and off feet
Totally agreed. I love my Chicagos. I switched my laces from black to white and it totally goes with everything now. So clean!

I don't get the people asking other people how the shoe fits. Obviously it's gonna fit differently on each persons foot. Sounds as stupid as fools asking other fools if they should go up or down a size every time a new condom comes out smh
Some shoes run short/long/narrow/wide? There just asking for help, from people who own the shoe. Obviously shoes are going to fit different on each person, but they can get a general consensus of what size to aim for, especially for releases that are super limited or online and you don't exactly have the time to try on a sz 9,9.5 and 10 to feel which one fits the best.

Last edited:
This is going to be the longest 2weeks for me because I'm anticipating on getting these black toes....and these pics are just making it worst smh

View media item 403747Just bought mine from the store and they even threw in a pair of nike socks. I really like this colorway!

my overall favorite 1 is the white/red-blk (chi) but these black toes look the best on foot (my overall #2)

looking down on that white/black with all the perforations is super clean

when i was little in the mid '80s - i always associated all the toebox perforations (like on these & the af1) with being an expensive shoe...
at that time my mother told me '[the perforations] were necessary cause the leather is so thick, you don't want those, your feet will sweat' = she wasn't paying for em

Last edited:
^^ wow, very nice pic. That's worth for not eating kimchi for one month just to save up for extra pair or even landing one pair!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom