Air Jordan 11 Retro "Concord" - December 8, 2018 release - $220 #45

Need more context... what shoes was she picking out? Yeezys, BBBs, maybe her parents believe kneelers are the devil and don't buy Nikes?

In all seriousness though... when I have children, I'm not buying them Js or designer stuff in general unless it's on sale for a deep discount, which is usually how I shop myself with a few exceptions.

Unlike many people here... I didn't get Js as a kid, neither of my parents were having that ****. I didn't get my first pair until I was 16 and the 16s were on sale for the low low. Buying nice shoes for s kid is a waste of money because they really don't give a damn, they are gonna dog em. When they are old enough to show me they can take care of stuff and their feet stop growing then maybe if they earn it, but I couldn't care less about trying to match my kids shoes with mine because I don't mind spending money on things I know will "last", but a child's shoes definitely isn't one of those things.
Believe me it was rough. The little girl looked scared like she had know clue why they were upset w/ here.

IN all honesty, I ask my son did he want spider man shoe (aj1) he told me he wanted the Spider-Man shoes w/ the actual Spider-Man on the side also. So I picked up the aj1 restock and I’m buying him some actual Spider-Man shoes today.

20181222_101443.jpg
20181222_102356.jpg
20181222_103632.jpg
20181222_104541.jpg
20181222_104628.jpg
20181222_104325.jpg
20181222_104821.jpg
20181222_101443.jpg
20181222_102356.jpg

Need more context... what shoes was she picking out? Yeezys, BBBs, maybe her parents believe kneelers are the devil and don't buy Nikes?

In all seriousness though... when I have children, I'm not buying them Js or designer stuff in general unless it's on sale for a deep discount, which is usually how I shop myself with a few exceptions.

Unlike many people here... I didn't get Js as a kid, neither of my parents were having that ****. I didn't get my first pair until I was 16 and the 16s were on sale for the low low. Buying nice shoes for s kid is a waste of money because they really don't give a damn, they are gonna dog em. When they are old enough to show me they can take care of stuff and their feet stop growing then maybe if they earn it, but I couldn't care less about trying to match my kids shoes with mine because I don't mind spending money on things I know will "last", but a child's shoes definitely isn't one of those things.
Yeah Im with you. Its more for the parent anyways if the kid isnt old enough to show initiative to get them. Even if they end up following their parent(s) interest in jordans when theyre older I dont think theyre going to say thanks dad i appreciate you having a 7 day rotation of clean og jordans when I was 2.

Agree that buying young kids J’s is a waste of money.
Most younger kids aren’t into fashion and don’t care what they wear until they’re in their teens.
My nephew is 10 and we’ve been buying him J’s since he started walking and realized he’s never asked for them. We’ve just been buying him what we think looks good so this Christmas he’ll be getting a pair of Vans lol.

what do you do scenario.. your kid wants these

air-shaq-11

Sidenote that boy shaq is a ruthless biter
If it were me, id give the kid what he wants. I probably wouldn't want to interfere with his likes based on my own opinions, I'd feel like I'm forcing him to be like me. I'd want him to be himself. Its only shoes. But thats just me. It's your kid, you can do whatever you feel you should do. Don't let anyone else tell you otherwise.

Adding on to the convo

Wheres the line of keeping your kid “fashionable” or presentable, so they dont get bullied at school, is that even a thing?

Kids Are A Refection Of You!!! Just Don't Look Rite !!!Me Having All These Shoes An My Kids Don't!!! Kids Are Gonna Be Kids!!! Let Em Beat em To The Ground On The Play Ground!!! Lol!!! IMO...

Buying kids jays are waste of money when there are so many cheaper options out there. Almost as big of a waste as us adults buying ourselves these jays.

My son (Kindergarten) doesn't care at all what he has on his feet, but is partial to Crocs and velcro straps, because they are just easier to put on and off.
Now and then, I'll get matchy matchy with him, but that's 100% for my own satisfaction.

I really wanted to buy a pair of these for him, but when I showed him he said yucky and was done. :lol:
So instead I bought him a bunch of books he wanted.

Adding on to the convo

Wheres the line of keeping your kid “fashionable” or presentable, so they don't get bullied at school, is that even a thing?

As parents, we do the best we can. I was raised on K-Mart, Payless, and a store called Anthonys. My clothes were always clean and shoes, although bargain priced served the purpose for a kid my age. Did I get joked from time to time, sure. But it wasn't to the point where my life revolved around what I wore. My parents did a great job in teaching us what was important. That's what we need to do as parents. Everything else will fall into place.

Good to see maturity and perspective within NT atleast when it comes to this topic.

My oldest is in 2nd grade and all he wants is what’s hot and he wants a lot of it. So I have learned my youngest leans more casual/dress and superhero themed and I’m not gonna say a word to him.

My little man is only 7 months old. Right now that he’s an infant, I LOVE matching kicks with him and try to snap as many photos as possible. Little guy is my pride and joy and I want to make memories of sharing something I enjoy with him, at least while he’s a baby. But once he’s old enough to run around little guy is getting nothing but Payless shoes because I know he’s not gonna give a damn about what’s on his feet. Plus, I agree, he’s gonna want the shoes that have Spider-Man, Batman, TMNT, etc. on the side.

Believe me it was rough. The little girl looked scared like she had know clue why they were upset w/ here.

IN all honesty, I ask my son did he want spider man shoe (aj1) he told me he wanted the Spider-Man shoes w/ the actual Spider-Man on the side also. So I picked up the aj1 restock and I’m buying him some actual Spider-Man shoes today.

When and where did they restock? Just saw a guy in front of me wearing em on my lunch break and struck up a convo. There was another guy to the side of me that had on H2Hs. I did not speak to him.

I like the cut of his jib. My Thundercats shoes were grails to 4 year old me. I remember feeling like I could fly in em. Jumping over my letter blocks like Jesse Owens. With the velcro? mannn

Are people hoarding these shoes? I work in an elementary school where I see about 600 kids, so far I've seen one kid wearing these. I've been to the mall a few times as well, only seen one dude with them. The weather hasn't been too bad here.

Very tempted to buy that 23fix but I think ima pass and enjoy these 45 P.Es who knows they may never release again atlease with the 45. Haven’t been on NT long but being here for this short amount of time I’ve realized people opinions change like the flip of a light switch in a bed room

Back
Top Bottom