AIR JORDAN 4 Black/Cement/Grey BLACK FRIDAY via COUNTERKICKS 03/08/12

I'm on a work trip here in the middle of nowhere, GA and came accross this at the local Champs and could not believe it..

You've got "rep" lol

Do any of you guys know if the Thunder crack as well ??
I have my Bred 4s still DS & im waiting until I get the Spenco
Yeah, the Thunder's do crack.

There was a picture someone posted in the Thunder IV thread showing the his pair with tons of paint chipping after the first wear.

I'm just curious how ur midsoles crack??? Like what do you guys do when you wear shoes? Kick rocks by train tracks?
Lol what ?
They crack by just regular wear.
The pressure of your weight on the shoes
Causes the paint to chip off cause the midsole is bieng compressed

Lol what ?
They crack by just regular wear.
The pressure of your weight on the shoes
Causes the paint to chip off cause the midsole is bieng compressed

Yo there is NO way you can crack midsoles after one wear. Impossible, I've been buying "premium" kicks since 96 and that has never happened.

I rocked my 4s like 10 times now in the north east winter with salt and slush and there is nothing on em. Still look ds.

Last edited:
Yo there is NO way you can crack midsoles after one wear. Impossible, I've been buying "premium" kicks since 96 and that has never happened.

I rocked my 4s like 10 times now in the north east winter with salt and slush and there is nothing on em. Still look ds.

Never said anything bout them cracking after one wear........

And Jordan's aren't exactly "premium" anymore lol

Never understood this either. I haven't had a midsole crack on me like people describe on NT.

go find a pair of CDP 4's and guarantee the paint will crack and chip, the paint on that shoe is so bad that you can actual chip off big flakes of paint with you finger nails.

Never understood this either. I haven't had a midsole crack on me like people describe on NT.
go find a pair of CDP 4's and guarantee the paint will crack and chip, the paint on that shoe is so bad that you can actual chip off big flakes of paint with you finger nails.
wore my cdp iv's maybe 60x, the paint definitely cracked after about 30 wears, but the paint definitely wasnt chipping and flaking off

if i reapint my 2012 bred 4 midsole with black agelus leather acrylic paint  do i need to use a  finisher...its just in the cracks

I think some people are confused between PAINT CHIPPING and MIDSOLE cracking/crumbling on older retros....
Paint chipping is common on seemingly all newer 3s and 4s. I'm not a heavy dude (6'2, 165) but my black cement 3s started paint chipping on me after 2 wears.

if i reapint my 2012 bred 4 midsole with black agelus leather acrylic paint  do i need to use a  finisher...its just in the cracks

If your gana paint it you need to strip off all the paint first.. Or else there's no point cause the paint under will still crack.
Ppl use a matte finish thing cause the black comes out glossy

I think some people are confused between PAINT CHIPPING and MIDSOLE cracking/crumbling on older retros....
Paint chipping is common on seemingly all newer 3s and 4s. I'm not a heavy dude (6'2, 165) but my black cement 3s started paint chipping on me after 2 wears.

I'm a little heavier 175-180 and my WCIII and TBIII from 2011 worn dozens of times haven't cracked a bit :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom