Air Jordan 5 Retro- White/Metallic Silver Releasing April 4, 2015

So I went to pick my raffle pair up today, and everything went smoothly.  While I was there I stopped into Finishline and I was lucky enough to be able to double up on a size 10. 

So here's for the good. 

1. The shoe was easy to get
2. The materials are nice
3. The midsole paint on both of my pairs are perfect.

And now onto the bad...

1.  The paint/coating on both pairs of mine have portions of the leather that has a ton of these tiny pinhole like imperfections in the paint, almost like there was not enough paint applied during production and it honestly looks terrible.  I typically inspect my pairs prior to purchase but this time for whatever reason I did not.  If it wasn't for the fact that I know how to fix this with Angelus paint, I would have been livid!!!!  I shouldn't have to paint my shoes, or restore them, when they're brand new, and its unacceptable.  I tried to capture the flaws with photos but I cant get it to show up, because they're so small.  But there's tons of tiny imperfections all over full sections of the shoe.  Inspect your pairs and I'm certain some of you will see what I'm talking about because both of my pairs have sections of leather with this flaw. 

2.  The sockliner has a blueish tint to it, and I'm not sure why, but it almost looks jean stained.  I also could tell that neither of my 2 pairs had been tried on, and both of them have this blueish tint to the sockliner, so it definitely came that way from the factory, and it honestly doesnt look that great.   

3.  One of my shoes on the toe box, there's a portion of the shoe where the paint was messed up to the point where it looked like a bag or perhaps a workers glove  in the factory landed on the shoe while the paint was still wet, and it left a texture behind that is noticeable, and not right, or remastered, it's booty, amateur, and looks like a child worked on the shoe.  

4. On my other pair, on the toe box of one of the shoes, there is like a big piece of dirt or dried blue or black paint or something that is right underneath the surface of the white paint on the toe box. Almost as if a piece of dirt flew onto the shoe in the factory and the paint dried with the dirt still on there.  This is beyond unacceptable. 

Other than that it's a great shoe, but this is unacceptable for the price, and whoever does the painting, programs the automation, and does quality inspection at Jordan Brand should be fired or written up.  If it wasn't for the fact that I have the paint and know how to fix this stuff, I would be very upset.  But that's my experience with this release, hope everyone else has less issues with theirs than I did with mine.  

Anyways, here is a pic of my pick up, I'll try later to document the flaws, and if I can properly capture them, I'll upload them when I can. 
View media item 1477476

Also, as an added bonus... this is what I wore to pick these up... The 2007 Air Jordan 8 Stealth! BOH!!!!
 View media item 1477444
I got my pair from Shoe Palace and everything went smoothly just like you but how did you manage to double up[emoji]128551[/emoji]

really the only place to get these in a 13/14 is shoepalace who is charging a 20$ premium?????? Lol. Fo Real? These are clean. Not amazing. If anyone knows anything please let me know, I would more than appreciate it phelllas.

Thought I scored a pair thru eb yesterday only to find out the order didn't go thru if anyone in la/OC knows where a 11.5 please let me know this is a gift for my cousin he's been beasting over these and I can't tell him his order got cancelled :frown:

Discounted EB pair shipped yesterday and will be here tomorrow.
same here ...165 shipped!  this may be one of the highest quality 5's to ever exist...heard they are better than the laneys cant wait! 

same here ...165 shipped!  this may be one of the highest quality 5's to ever exist...heard they are better than the laneys cant wait! 
Check your bank accounts again.  They actually charged me the discounted amount in a separate transaction.  So I'll be sending mine back once I compare my FNL and EB pair to see which one is lower quality.  Oh well.

Check your bank accounts again.  They actually charged me the discounted amount in a separate transaction.  So I'll be sending mine back once I compare my FNL and EB pair to see which one is lower quality.  Oh well.

You mean the amount that, when totaled with what you paid, equaled $189.99? If so they did that to me. I called and they said that they would refund me the additional transaction of $32 and change.

You mean the amount that, when totaled with what you paid, equaled $189.99? If so they did that to me. I called and they said that they would refund me the additional transaction of $32 and change.

The amount came to 189.99 + tax. I called CS and they said they were not going to honor it.

The amount came to 189.99 + tax. I called CS and they said they were not going to honor it.

I had that same pushback the first time I called. It wasn't until I called them again that they ended up refunding me the amount.

My pair just shipped out today, so far so good. Just hope they are better quality than my FTL pair or else this was not worth it. 

just checked and only 165 was taken out dont see any other transactions. the lady on EB customer service said she'd make sure i got them for what i paid. she seemed to like me a little lol real friendly

Man I'm glad to see so many thrive with the glitch. Wasn't looking for anything but just happened to catch it. Congrats to all, reminds me of the good ol NT days when people looked out!

Got mine in today. Man they are really nice! The quality is leaps and bounds above the leather on the retro 5s from 2013. Much better than the Laneys as well.

Last edited:
Very clean Vs, but bound to oxidize no matter what pre cautions are taken, and prior that theyre high maintenance.

I do like em,I just couldnt trigger knowing their lifespans short.

Last edited:
Why is my package still in Nashville Tn, expected delivery is Thursday,any1 noticing this ,that ordered from ndc?

These are sold out in many places, crazy to see GR Jordans with minimal hype sell out

That being said, I do think these are really clean and well done

Regret not picking up a discounted pair

I'm liking the fact JB bringing back alot of the non OG retros in relatively nice quality, waiting on the Cool Grey ivs and I think I am out

Back
Top Bottom