Air Jordan 9 “Baseball Pack”. Releasing July 15th

I like the brown pair the most. Even if they weren't a mystery bag and available I wouldn't get them though

Those are ******* terrible. Absolute dog ****. Who in their right mind thought these would be a good idea? This might be the absolute worst jordan release of all time. Yes, there have been worse colorways, but the execution on this pair of retros is worse than anything I can recall.

I lol'ed so hard at this brooo Lol these are trash can material.

Hopefully they have enough pairs at Mercer on the 15th. Wonder if more resellers are going to try and open the pack to see if they got the hazelnut pair to sell for more or just sell them unopened at a slightly higher price than the opened black pairs.

Let me talk about the disconnect between Jordan Brand's understanding and failure to meet the younger generation's interest.

Kids ages between 16-25 probably have never no recollection of Jordan ever playing baseball.

Kids 21 and under probably have no idea what it's like to open a pack of baseball cards and enjoy relishing the moment of getting a card they truly seeked and admired.

Further more, most kids 25 and under have no interest in baseball alone.

So who's willing to pay the asking price of $250 for these? Sure isn't your average 28 year old who might've had a few cards back in his day; but now has a car note of $299 that's more important and meaningful.

I truly wonder which demographic Jordan brand chooses to aim for when shoes like these don't really attract the people you want to. I fully understand and appreciate this concept. But the lack of connection between this shoe concept and the crowd their aiming for is very high.

Jordan Brand needs to do better. I know they'll probably still sell out due to the limited availability and hype - but these truly lack appeal in more ways than one. I applaud the effort, but the execution is merely a base hit.

Last edited:
Let me talk about the disconnect between Jordan Brand's understanding and failure to meet the younger generation's interest.

Kids ages between 16-25 probably have never no recollection of Jordan ever playing baseball.

Kids 21 and under probably have no idea what it's like to open a pack of baseball cards and enjoy relishing the moment of getting a card they truly seeked and admired.

So who's willing to pay the asking price of $250 for these? Sure isn't your average 28 year old who might've had a few cards back in his day; but now has a car note of $299 that's more important and meaningful.

I truly wonder which demographic Jordan brand chooses to aim for when shoes like these don't really attract the people you want to. I fully understand and appreciate this concept. But the lack of connection between this shoe concept and the crowd their aiming for is very high.

Jordan Brand needs to do better. I know they'll probably still sell out due to the limited availability and hype - but these truly lack appeal in more ways than one. I applaud the effort, but the execution is merely a base hit.
Well said!! Jordan Brand needs fresher Ideas. Like you said for most kids won't identify with this vintage trading card thing, its an expensive shoe where u don't even know what color you're getting, on a shoe model nobody really wants, will be very limited and on top of that a huge price tag. That is a big mistake. Because in all honesty this is an experiment, JB has never done something like this so they should've rolled it out with a lower price tag at the very least.

Last edited:
Well said!! Jordan Brand needs fresher Ideas. Like you said for most kids won't identify with this vintage trading card thing, its an expensive shoe where u don't even know what color you're getting, on a shoe model nobody really wants, will be very limited and on top of that a huge price tag (which is only going to get higher after they sell out). That is a big mistake. Because in all honesty this is an experiment, JB has never done something like this so they should've rolled it out with a lower price tag at the very least.

I added an important detail to what you said ^^^^^ its in parenthesis. This is a HUUGEEE pass for me.

Last edited:

You hit the nail on the head. MJ played baseball for all of 1 year and wasnt that good at it. Yet they decide to make a $250 sneaker that you cant choose what colorway youre going to get before purchasing. These silly gimmick colorways is why I havent bought many Jordans this year

You hit the nail on the head. MJ played baseball for all of 1 year and wasnt that good at it. Yet they decide to make a $250 sneaker that you cant choose what colorway youre going to get before purchasing. These silly gimmick colorways is why I havent bought many Jordans this year

Lol MJ loved baseball and played it as a kid. A baseball pack makes more sense than you think

2lbhrtg.png

Last edited:
They should of send mnemonic code of the url so that only the elites 0.1% of the population with brains and money can purchase these super limited shoes.. :smh: :lol:

Last edited:
Lol MJ loved baseball and played it as a kid. A baseball pack makes more sense than you think
He probably liked fruity pebbles, coloring books and super hero underwear when he was a kid too..Should we have those releases as well? They are just milking you hypers for all your worth with these corny gimmick releases.10 years ago you couldn't give away MJ baseball gear etc. He was average at best.

He probably liked fruity pebbles, coloring books and super hero underwear when he was a kid too..Should we have those releases as well? They are just milking you hypers for all your worth with these corny gimmick releases.10 years ago you couldn't give away MJ baseball gear etc. He was average at best.
Some NT lurker in Oregon is making a note right now like, "I'm gonna kill at the next pitch meeting."

Wait, actually Fruity Pebbles has been done already...Wheaties works.

That reminds me, a Scorpions pair was even predicted (requested) a few years back:

http://niketalk.com/t/577694/air-jordan-retro-9-birmingham-barons-april-5-2014/60#post_19437874

Back
Top Bottom