Air Jordan 9 “Baseball Pack”. Releasing July 15th

I was interested because the black pair coming out closely resembles the cleat version he wore in 94. Lived through the hype of baseball cards, loved baseball as a kid. And the 9s are one of my favorite Jordans. So the concept is kind of cool. The limited tag, not so cool.

40443_R94097150A.jpg

I was interested because the black pair coming out closely resembles the cleat version he wore in 94. Lived through the hype of baseball cards, loved baseball as a kid. And the 9s are one of my favorite Jordans. So the concept is kind of cool. The limited tag, not so cool.
Hey man, took me a minute to track these down but this may be a cool option for a custom for you. Not this particular pair though, that price is dumb high..They're worth $300-$350 tops. Not sure if you guys knew about these, so I figured I'd post them. http://m.ebay.com/itm/New-Nike-Air-...-Cleats-Spikes-Sz-13-Black-White/282429723847

Last edited:
He probably liked fruity pebbles, coloring books and super hero underwear when he was a kid too..Should we have those releases as well? They are just milking you hypers for all your worth with these corny gimmick releases.10 years ago you couldn't give away MJ baseball gear etc. He was average at best.
What? That switch to baseball was a significant part of his career. MJ retired from basketball when his dad died and played baseball because his dad always envisioned him playing in the MLB. You should check out the 30 for 30 Jordan Rides the Bus about his time in the Minors. Really cool story. I don't think it even matters that his play was average or whatever. I'm not even that into these, just stating that baseball wasn't just some throwaway phase his career.

I like the concept of buying it like a pack of baseball cards but too limited and designs are kinda ugly. 

What? That switch to baseball was a significant part of his career. MJ retired from basketball when his dad died and played baseball because his dad always envisioned him playing in the MLB. You should check out the 30 for 30 Jordan Rides the Bus about his time in the Minors. Really cool story. I don't think it even matters that his play was average or whatever. I'm not even that into these, just stating that baseball wasn't just some throwaway phase his career.
I know the story. He was ONLY drafted bc he would increase revenue for the team in ticket sales and cause a buzz, not because be was good enough to play. I would not call this a significant time in his career at all. However that's just my opinion. He had a .202 batting average and 11 errors in 1 season...Hell, Tim Tebow is playing better baseball than MJ did. My point is we have to hold JB to higher standards to get better releases and outside the box ideas and designs..We have seen this slump in quality and design as well as elevated pricing from JB because most people these days will blindly buy anything they slap a shiny special package on and limited numbering. Don't let the marketing machine get you guys.

Last edited:
Anyone cop yesterday? Curious to know which pair you got as I heard the odds of receiving the brown ones are 1/10.

I HAD A CHANCE TO SCOOP THE BROWN PAIR, BUT IT WAS A SIZE TOO SMALL,SO I OPTED FOR THE BLACKS...HOLLA.

CED B.

I know the story. He was ONLY drafted bc he would increase revenue for the team in ticket sales and cause a buzz, not because be was good enough to play. I would not call this a significant time in his career at all. However that's just my opinion. He had a .202 batting average and 11 errors in 1 season...Hell, Tim Tebow is playing better baseball than MJ did. My point is we have to hold JB to higher standards to get better releases and outside the box ideas and designs..We have seen this slump in quality and design as well as elevated pricing from JB because most people these days will blindly buy anything they slap a shiny special package on and limited numbering. Don't let the marketing machine get you guys.

Drafted ? He wasnt drafted.. Geezzz

The Barons didn't draft him

What a sh*t show this release was for me initially. Stadium Goods released them, and their site crashed. Luckily, when the site came back online, I successfully ordered a pair and received confirmation.

They apologized on Twitter for the site crashing. The next day they tweet that they will be giving away 4 pairs as an apology for the botched release. I think "that's a nice gesture." Then, I check my email, and see that I received an email 15 mins before the tweet that says they are cancelling my size 12, which was one of the sizes they are giving away. I emailed them many times, and eventually received an apology email AND....a 5% coupon for their site! Yay...

Oh well...I woke up at 3 AM on Saturday and was able to cop my size from Capsule Toronto

Back
Top Bottom