Air jordan retro 5 "Black silver" 2011 edition detailed pics

got my pairs, pretty happy with them, i wore them and the right shoe creased real fast, but o well. Make sure u look at your pair because i wen tthrough plenty with messed up nubuck

WOW you know its a hot sneaker when it sells out in 4 hrs in EDMONTON
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

That didnt happen when the CG XI's came out or the Anniversary XI's

Got my 2 pairs but had to settle for 11's instead of 10.5's because of the unexpected demand for these up here.

I gotta say that Im pretty happy with the shoe overall...........would have been nice to have better materials than the dust magnet nubuck they used but not a biggie to me cause I dont plan on wearing them in dusty, dirty, muddy places lol and I clean my kicks after I wear em.....always have always will

This shoe makes me regret not copping a pair of Bin V's.........maybe Ill try finding a pair, but seeing the prices, maybe not
laugh.gif

I finall saw and touched them today personally. The shape overall is actually all OK.
clear outsoles are same like previous retros. The shape of the tongue is also
OK but is indeed a bit different to my 2000 retros.
The ankle support is like this years stiffer and thicker than on the 2000 retros.
While this makes them less comfy for casual wearing, for balling it provides a bit
more support and stability.
The shape of the toe is all OK.
The main big difference to the 2000 and 2007 black/silver V's
is of course the leather which has been switched from the classic
Durabuck to the softer Nubuck/Suede. I'm still not sure whether i should
call this one nubuck or suede, because it is somehow between both materials.

OK. How do I keep these from yellowing faster. My 07 Retros netting and soles yellowed really fast. Maybe because of the salt on the ground. But what are some things I can do to slow down the process?

Originally Posted by riceeeeeeeeee

Wow. These already sold out at all the local stores haha. I was wrong about them sitting.

Yeah, but you won't see the ones saying they would sit back in here admitting they were wrong.

Comparing a OG colorway to a patent pleather one, especially after the wolf greys did well
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by RKO2004

OK. How do I keep these from yellowing faster. My 07 Retros netting and soles yellowed really fast. Maybe because of the salt on the ground. But what are some things I can do to slow down the process?

I just got my pair today, and I love them. I too, want to know how to keep or slow down the yellow netting. I thought about doing the rit dye method in a grey color to keep them from yellowing. I can handle the soles if they yellow, but the netting is what looks nasty once it has yellowed.

Originally Posted by seanj4523

Originally Posted by LA KB24

Originally Posted by cashm0neyand1

There was a video on sneakertubetv showing a camp out for them in Houston. Was that really necessary?? This release wasnt as big as the one in 2007

Really a camp out? H-town takes there kicks real serious

Yeah buddy im in the H but im not camping though. My spot in Greenspoint mall opens up at 10am and imma use my 15 percent off survey coupon and im out the door. Cant use all my energy camping on this release gotta save it all for the concords in december because its gonna be insane down here in the H

please pm me with that. How do I get that?

Originally was gonna pass due to the "ashy larry" looking material... Took my 15yr old @ 9 a.m. to buy, I still passed, he loved them.. After seeing them about 5x today, I finally broke down and purchased the last 10.5 @ my local spot after I tried them on!!

I want these so bad, but I need a new phone. I'll cop before the year is over with.

These looked way better in person than i expected. First shoe that i doubled up on. As far as the suede/nubuck being a lint magnet, just get a horse hair brush and give them a few swipes before you wear them or put them away.

Originally Posted by Rebourne

Originally Posted by RKO2004

I just got my pair today, and I love them. I too, want to know how to keep or slow down the yellow netting. I thought about doing the rit dye method in a grey color to keep them from yellowing. I can handle the soles if they yellow, but the netting is what looks nasty once it has yellowed.
Take the paper out..........I usually throw it in a zip lock in the box in case I ever sell em.

Throw a small pack of silica sand, or put some damp-rid in your closet.  This should help keep the moisture down. 

Clean your soles after you wear em and when youre done cleaning make sure you dry them off.

Do not seal them in zip locks and if you want to keep em dust free then poke holes in the zip lock so that they can breathe......otherwise theyll crumble the day you wear em
ohwell.gif

Everybody has their way, this happens to be mine and it works for me.  Doesnt hurt that I live in a dry and cold climate either
happy.gif

Quality is on point. Proof positive that people need to chill the eff out when it comes to judging specific aspects of quality by sample pics and whatnot. Really happy with these. Probably the biggest sleeper of the year along with the Playoff 13's.

Originally Posted by LA KB24

how are you rocking them with the laces? do you lace them up all the way to the top?

also this is my 1st pair of 5's and how is the lace lock suppose to be? lol idk how its suppose to look and its hard to tie up the laces with the lace lock. i like them with the lace lock but idk if im tying them right

Back
Top Bottom