Air Jordan retro IV THUNDER QUICKSTRIKE 12/22 before the end of the year

Anyone got a picture of a lace swap to flat solid yellow laces i can see? I really wanna try this out i rekon itd look dope. Im just curious to see first before i order from mr lacy, cheers

Still have yet to break mine out.. got tempted today. Couldn't decide between 3 different shoes.

Ended up going for Cool Greys. :D

This is where i got my thunders on restock day. They still have lots of Js from the restock including size 13/14  in the grapes. 

Last edited:
is it just me, or are the thunder not as great quality as the black cement and cav 4's? i just compared em and the thunders materials alot softer then the other 2, like crease city like the wc4's. Strange. My cavs dont crease at all. and yes they are real

is it just me, or are the thunder not as great quality as the black cement and cav 4's? i just compared em and the thunders materials alot softer then the other 2, like crease city like the wc4's. Strange. My cavs dont crease at all. and yes they are real
same for me, my cavs haven't creased at all and i've worn them over 20 times but my thunders creased after the first wear. not to mention the damn paint chipping happened so quick on the thunders for me
mean.gif

same for me, my cavs haven't creased at all and i've worn them over 20 times but my thunders creased after the first wear. not to mention the damn paint chipping happened so quick on the thunders for me
mean.gif
This is sad to hear.  Haven't un-DS'd mine yet.
It's my pic, but the tag is for my Instagram, which is where I posted the pic originally.

And yes those are DMPs there.
Ah...nice!  I really dig that pack.

a sneaker creasing isn't bad quality

Did you just start buying Jordans? All the old durabuck Jordans creased.

Last edited:
Notwithstanding, the Thunders still have arguably best high quality nubuck/durabuck. It's pretty even with the Cav's for me.

I know for a while, after the initial drop of the Thunders, people were saying how the quality of material used, was so much better than bred 4s,and Cav 4s..

Been collecting Js since '02,and  I personally liked the buttery feel and look of the Cav and bred 4s more than the material used on the Thunders.. The coloway of the Thunders trump the other 2 for me, but I do wish they'd of had the same look and feel of the cav/bred..

None the less ,Ive worn 1 out of my 3 pair over 10 times, and I have very minimal creasing,, and zero issues with the midsoles, but before I uds'd 'em I swapped out the factory insoles, for gel soles.. <-- Food for thought for those who wish to avoid any/or further midsole problems with the current IV's ..

Last edited:
Thunder was the only black based 4 that used the correct material to original standards. Durabuck. Anything else looks gawd awful.
Exactly! This is why I passed on BC 4's! Even though the quality/durability was fine, it just wasn't sexy without durabuck!

Exactly! This is why I passed on BC 4's! Even though the quality/durability was fine, it just wasn't sexy without durabuck!

Yeah, hate how JB always seems to change something big on a classic. For that reason I wear them care free. I still have some CDP which midsole sucked cracked instantly but uppers are better and some 99's

Picked up a pair at my local Hibbett Sports yesterday for $128...apparently they allow you to use coupons on retros as long as it's after the first week of release (or rerelease, in this case).

Back
Top Bottom