Originally Posted by jason16

just got my DS pair last week. Concords >> DMP XI

laugh.gif

hellz naw... DMP soles >> 200 concord soles

overall its OG's >>DMP's >> 2000 concords

will have to agree with the sole
laugh.gif
og took the cake for sure. i dunno istill prefer concords over dmp XI,

9th grade........................ Had like $133ish had to take the city bus because i had no ride... got to finishline around 9:30AM all they had was a 9.5 andi wore a 9!!!!!!!!!!!!! i felt sssoooo lucky well he added them up at the register and i was like 2.30 short.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! didnt know whatto do...Manager would not hold them for nothing...matter of fact he works at the FinishLine in dayton ohio now..anyways i got so low i had to ask random peoplein the mall for $2 and nothing...nada... went home parents where at work...scambled up the change and then called finishline and the pair was gone.,........thats what i get for not bringing enough in the first place... i still remember that DAMN MORNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what about waking up realll early or not even sleeping. so you can get them before school and just go in late? i did this for my columbia XI's BREAKINNECKS EVERYWHERE

Man I was working at Footlocker in Coliseum mall in Hampton, VA. I never had a problem getting them. My mgr would let me put the freshest pair up for myself NOQUESTIONS! I actually bought 2 pairs, but I sold a pair to a good friend that missed out. I felt like a good friend then, but now I feel like a schmuck.

My pair is very fresh. The soles aren't that bad and I still bring them out every now and then.

wow i remember wednesday october 25th as well. i was hyped up off the mets beating the yankees in game 3 of the world series the night before. i remembertalkin about how i was gonna cop the xi's this day ever since the first day of 11th grade that year. i even told my first and third period teachers that iwasn't comming in because jordan xi's > history and english class. i had worked a summer job at a basketball camp and part of the main reason i tookthat job was to have funds for the concords when they came out. the night before i was stressin and i set my alarm for 7am the next morning, i woke up gotdressed watched that phillys most wanted cross the border video on bet, walked to the mall to be there by 8 when they opened, i was one of 3 people waitingwhen i got there, copped my size 11.5 and got a black met fitted because it was buy one get one half off. i walked home clutching my babies making sure nothinghappened to them, i got home put them on and made it to school by lunch time and was the only one in school wearing the xi's that day. crazy how alot ofspots in the so cal area slept on these.

looking back 9 years later this and the blk red xi's were the easiest xi's for me to cop. it was just me and 2 other guys waiting that morning to copbut when i went back by the mall later that day they had sold out by noon. the lines and stress got bigger as the space jams and columbias came out, i almostmissed out on the columbias but ended up going all over so cal that day to get a pair. i missed out on the cool grey madness because of a church retreat andended up coppin the blk red xi's 2 weeks early for retail at some mom and pop spot in my area.

9 years later i'm on my 4th pair of concords and my current pair is in great shape. the pair i got on oct 25th 2000 got stolen when my house was brokeninto a few months later, still to this day if i ever find the person who did it, im going to skin their wife and tourture their kids. i got a 2nd pair in 2002when i traded some dude in school a bunch of stuff for his pair that was way too small on me. i sold those, and i ended up coppin ds pairs off my boy whobought multiples on release day for $200 each, my current pair gets lots of wears but i take really good care of them.

Back
Top Bottom