Air Jordan XI CONCORD AFTERMATH thread. STILL NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Why everybody hatin on you and your icy soles@GamerG
i think its more so of a sneakerheads preference.. some like the yelowed look and others dont. I didnt like it then and i dont like it now.. Theres a couple pairs that i cant reverse that.. my all white and silver 2001 jordan 5's and the jordan xvi low white and red.. those two i may send off the fabes_sole as he could restore those as i seen him restore a 1996 OG concord to icey white and that pair was gum yellow

.....there's some sort of covering on it.
yeah on the top i put painters tape as if the solution gets on the pods it can lighten the paint on some pairs.. you can wipe it off but it takes some elbow grease to get it off so covering is btter than just letting it get everywhere..

not sure what's with the hate, but it's nice to see clear soles on authentic kicks. the only reason i'm shying away from doing mine is that i'm afraid i'll leave it in the sun for too long and the glue will separate. If you do wear them tho, i would stay away from those sole protector crap. i rather them get dirty that i can clean later than fall on my face from slipping because of no traction.

Last edited:

not sure what's with the hate, but it's nice to see clear soles on authentic kicks. the only reason i'm shying away from doing mine is that i'm afraid i'll leave it in the sun for too long and the glue will separate. If you do wear them tho, i would stay away from those sole protector crap. i rather them get dirty that i can clean later than fall on my face from slipping because of no traction.
LOL.. they have a version out now that has much better traction.. its cheaper than SP too PLUS stronger adhesive.. and if you want to avoid the sunlight.. you can do them inside.. for me.. i use 4 10.0 UV-B 26 watt Non-Heated Bulbs and i leave them under them for 10-12 hours straight. Very little heat.. the shoe maybe gets 75-80 F so its better to do them that way. If you chose any route.. cover the traction pads as the sauce can get on it and gets the purple ashy.. you can wipe it off with a good rag with some goof off and your fine but the prep job is a must to save time after doing them. My results took me roughly 6 days.. 3 days for the main shoe and those traction pod area's i had to refocus the bulbs on them. I wouldnt mind doing outside but i dont have access to the sun like that (thanks to shade)..if you choose that route.. PM me and I can give you some pointers.. I've done a few shoes.. XI's and XVI's gave me the best results..

Picked up a 3rd pair today, now I have two on ice, & one I've beaten down. My favorite sneaker of all time

Definitely my favorite sneaker as well, was going to sell my pair I bought after release day in 2012...but then I came to my senses.

You guys had me thinking that it was some kind of restock going on. GamerG, what did you use for your soles? Retr0brite?

Why are concordes getting so much love? They are not that nice, I'd rather have space jams

spoonmanofthehour spoonmanofthehour

I'm not that old indeed, and I know that it has to do with that it was the first XI to be released and that the XI is recognized as the GOAT jordan, but I still don't get why you would buy the 2011 releases for 400$+

spoonmanofthehour spoonmanofthehour

I'm not that old indeed, and I know that it has to do with that it was the first XI to be released and that the XI is recognized as the GOAT jordan, but I still don't get why you would buy the 2011 releases for 400$+

The Concord XI was the staple shoe for Michael Jordan during his 72-10 season. People witnessed greatness in that shoe and that's why it is a grail and people pay $400 for it. It's every bit worth what it's cracked up to be. It was a basketball shoe that he made look like a dress shoe on court. The contrast of the black and white is simple but yet elegant.

Why are concordes getting so much love? They are not that nice, I'd rather have space jams
i like the lows better but i just hate white mesh.. gets too dirty tooooooo easily.. now if there was a way to keep the mesh super white that would be golden for me.. but the lows fit better for me.

All I gotta say is I'll be part of whatever future hysteria there is concerning these sites, as I don't have them.

Back
Top Bottom