Air Jordan XIV White/Varsity Red 4/6/19

I don’t think so Fam, they would lose money on that. I’m sure JB sells them to Footlocker for around $140/$150 & then they sell them for $190 to us. Who knows the price, but I’m sure they make a bit of profit still off of Employee Discount.
It was all a dream lol

These went faster then I thought. Thought I was gonna wait and cop a pair later tonight. My 12 sold out gotta catch restock now

Last edited:
Unless more come in shipment soon or restock then I would have to consider this release as a comp of the Hyper Royal 13’s from 2018. Meaning low numbers like last year’s release.

This release is very reminiscent of last year's HGG XIII.
My visit to my local HOH (Montreal) confirmed the fact that this release seems to be "sneaky limited". Only 3 FTL in the MTL area received them and no boutiques got them. When I got to HOH, the manager told me they only received 12 pairs. There was only 1 size 10.5 left.
I couldn't play myself like I did with HGG last year, therefore, I had to bite that "Day 1 retail price" bullet!
That’s nowhere near the way that XIII release was in the US, just for the record.

the white black xiii rotted on store shelves

it was not limited

def was not limited. But didnt last the weekend around my area.

I was about to say.. I remember them being gone within like a week.
That release had people spewing all kinds of overreactions.

I love that release, bought two pairs on release day. There were only about 10 people max at the L.A. mall I went to, across four or five stores that had them. So not real dramatic.

From what I could tell, they sold quicker in some places than others. But saying they rotted on shelves is an exaggeration just like saying they flew is, too. They were available between stores and sites a good while. But I never saw them on sale and never saw anyone find FSRs in outlets.

I thought this XIV release would be similar. Interesting to see it went quick. Probably a function of the relative number of pairs, but still.

That release had people spewing all kinds of overreactions.

I love that release, bought two pairs on release day. There were only about 10 people max at the L.A. mall I went to, across four or five stores that had them. So not real dramatic.

From what I could tell, they sold quicker in some places than others. But saying they rotted on shelves is an exaggeration just like saying they flew is, too. They were available between stores and sites a good while. But I never saw them on sale and never saw anyone find FSRs in outlets.

I thought this XIV release would be similar. Interesting to see it went quick. Probably a function of the relative number of pairs, but still.

Literally my interpretation.

Just looked at my 05's and wow the paint is dull. I saw the Got Em pic had a glittery looking red like the OG's.. don't know if it will be like that in hand but I hope its vibrant like the OG was. This is high in favorite XIV color ways.

Check your pairs for uneven heights

20190407_180434.jpg

Foot site website was the move. Still stick by the late shipment. I know something was up when my Hoh got the same # of pairs as the smaller stores

Finally caved and got em off Nike with my birthday discount code. $185 w/tax free shipping, not bad.

That’s nowhere near the way that XIII release was in the US, just for the record.
I hear you but I can only talk about my experience in the Montreal area. I wasn't implying that HGG was some sort of a QS release in MTL. That being said, within 2 weeks of release, pairs in stores had dried up significantly from what I can remember.
That's why I was a bit more proactive with the Wht/Red XIV release.

I bought these white and red 14's in 1999 during my high school days. The quality was top notch, leather was butter and shark teeth had this metallic sheen to it. It was beautiful. I only wore it a hand full of times and eventually sold it with the rest of my original 14's as a package deal in 2013. These shoes bring back some memories. I have to say the new retro has 1/3 of the quality of 1999's. Did i get the retro pair? No I didnt.

Back
Top Bottom