Air Jordan XX8 SE Shrouldess Video and Official Pics on Page 1 Shoes Hit Stores 10/11/13

$125 out the door after coupon. Shoes feel really good too. These will be added to the basketball shoes rotation.
sorry bro but these look really bad on you. just quoting you lol. for real though I bet some people actually believe that shroud is worth an extra 100 dollars.... most people said it does nothing, but they will refuse to admit they got ripped off
laugh.gif
  250 made the xx8 10x more of a joke release than it already was
mean.gif
  these don't look any better but at least they came back down near earth with the price.

the XX8 would have sold out by now based on the previous releases

these SEs have all sizes still around

still trying to figure out why finishline lists them as

"XX8 RETRO SEs" ?

they obviously don't know what they are talking about lol. they either think it's some type of retro of the xx8 even though it's just a new edition, or anything numbered/Jordan is in the retro hype category to them. or they just added it in hopes to increase sales

they obviously don't know what they are talking about lol. they either think it's some type of retro of the xx8 even though it's just a new edition, or anything numbered/Jordan is in the retro hype category to them. or they just added it in hopes to increase sales
good points

interesting marketing

can't believe that they haven't corrected it

kinda sad when they can't even get the name correct 

nike.com/JB doesn't list them that way, and they make them !

lol

sorry bro but these look really bad on you. just quoting you lol. for real though I bet some people actually believe that shroud is worth an extra 100 dollars.... most people said it does nothing, but they will refuse to admit they got ripped off :lol:   250 made the xx8 10x more of a joke release than it already was :smh:   these don't look any better but at least they came back down near earth with the price.

hahah fall back. I rather have these than the VIII in your avy homie.

How come jumpman23.com have stopped the release calender? I mean they used to have shoes listed on there 1-2 months in advance, now its like 1-2 styles latest released.....

How come jumpman23.com have stopped the release calender? I mean they used to have shoes listed on there 1-2 months in advance, now its like 1-2 styles latest released.....
i'm sure their traffic is way down from what it used to be. could be part of the reason. I know I haven't gone there basically since the XXI's released for anything

Just wanted to give an update.

Received my XX8se Bel Airs in the mail the other day. Hooped in them twice now.

I understand most people here buy and wear these shoes exclusively as a fashion statement, well I bought them strictly for their hyped up performance reviews.

The verdict was horrible.

The bottoms of the shoes, identical to the xx8 I imagine, are fantastic. You are playing on airbags that seem to have great control, and feel like pillows to your feet.

But aside from the bottom of the shoe, everything else is horrible.

The lacing system is so flawed I can't even explain. The "eyelets" they used are horrendous, and the entire upper, while very light, has an extremely cheap feel to it. No doubt these will rip or tear after a few heavy ball sessions.

The lacing tightens in all the wrong places. The shoes fit me perfectly, yet the way the lacing worked it isolates your toebox while strangling your ankle. 

On top of that, you have to feel like your breaking the shoe yourself to get it to lace tight, and even then it doesn't go tight enough, and once again you feel like its going to rip.

The traction is pathetic. I hoop the same gym m-f and my kobe8s have NEVER had traction issues. With these things I was sliding all over the place. And the floor gets cleaned everyday before open gym.

I'l be returning my pair after I hoop a few more times in them. Overall extremely disappointed. 

Hopefully they work out better for some of you. Not my cup of tea at all.

I've had the opposite experience. Perfect traction in 4 game sessions and having my foot stepped on repeatedly I've no reason to worry about the upper material. I actually found that I can apply different tensions to different parts of the shoe. I started with them too tight on my forefoot because the toebox seemed loose. Took one second to tighten the most bottom eyelet, let the next two loosen, then tighten at the top.

I do wear ankle braces so that might affect the fit compared to you but trying them on just shooting around no brace they felt good too.

I'll keep checking back in as I play more. I usually hoop 3 times a week and shoot around a few more times and these kicks started right off in my number one spot due to the extremely comfortable cushioning system so I'll rack up time in these kicks quick.

Hopefully with some re-lacing these kicks work out better for you. I think the super fly and a few other Jordan's are going to this finger lacing system over flywire so you might be stuck with this in jordan brand shoes this season.

They may doing less there because they can release most of their info to sneaker sites.

I've had the opposite experience. Perfect traction in 4 game sessions and having my foot stepped on repeatedly I've no reason to worry about the upper material. I actually found that I can apply different tensions to different parts of the shoe. I started with them too tight on my forefoot because the toebox seemed loose. Took one second to tighten the most bottom eyelet, let the next two loosen, then tighten at the top.

I do wear ankle braces so that might affect the fit compared to you but trying them on just shooting around no brace they felt good too.

I'll keep checking back in as I play more. I usually hoop 3 times a week and shoot around a few more times and these kicks started right off in my number one spot due to the extremely comfortable cushioning system so I'll rack up time in these kicks quick.

Hopefully with some re-lacing these kicks work out better for you. I think the super fly and a few other Jordan's are going to this finger lacing system over flywire so you might be stuck with this in jordan brand shoes this season.

I actually had the same experience as jungmula...out of the box traction was horrible...my Kobe 8s are far better than these straight out of the box but my 2013 Hyperdunks have them both beat...I have very narrow feet so the original xx8 didn't work for me because I didn't feel secure on the footbed of the shoe...when nightwing reviewed these stating they would be a better fit because of the bootie he was definitely right...but I still had problems getting them to lockdown the same way other shoes have...I will give these a go a few more times on the court but it isn't looking too good as of right now...but I'm hoping for the best because that unlocked zoom is simply insane!!!

Just got done with another session.

Better, but still not what I want. It COULD be that the Jordan line just isnt fitting me like it fits others, but I hoop in my J retros (14s, 11s) and they fit me perfect.

The laces got loose during the game this time, still couldnt lock them down the way I wanted. Traction was a little better.

Like I said, the cushioning cannot be overstated. Fantastic design to keep feet comfortable and supported. The shoe itself even gives me a little more spring in my step.

Like kjparfekt said, these will likely work for people, but some like me and palanilopez12 just cant get them to square up yet. Maybe we're too used to the fit of the kobe8s? (greatest shoe Ive ever hooped in)

My feet are in the wide side, I've always had issues with narrow shoes so maybe that's why I'm getting a better fit than some.

Don't be getting on my socks. Was ready to throw them on...threw them on as soon as they got delivered. Was outside cutting grass...you see them kicks in the far back. Hey gotta put in that work at the crib to keep it looking nice. Anyways....I am a fan. They are definitely different from my norm. I haven't had a pair of Carolina nothing in I don't know how long.

Last edited:
Hey guys, kinda disappointed to read the comments on the fit and traction of the shoes so far. Nightwing says they are identical to the original XX8s but without the shroud. Is he wrong? Why would the traction not be as good?

Also, I thought that these were supposed to be more widely available and easier to get than the XX8s? I'm in Australia and I usually get my shoes from Eastbay, as they ship internationally, but for some reason they are not selling these. They had them on their release calendar a couple of weeks ago, but as it got closer to release they were taken off the calendar. What is the reason for most stores not stocking them?

Are they going to release these in solid colors?

My traction has been good - nothing out of this world but never any slippage. Curious - is it cheaper to buy shoes from eastbay and pay to ship to Australia or pay retail in Australia? I used to live in a suburb of Sydney studying abroad in 2002 when the exchange rate made everything much cheaper.

My traction has been good - nothing out of this world but never any slippage. Curious - is it cheaper to buy shoes from eastbay and pay to ship to Australia or pay retail in Australia? I used to live in a suburb of Sydney studying abroad in 2002 when the exchange rate made everything much cheaper.
Hey man, yes, it is anywhere from $40-$100 cheaper (depending on the shoe) to get them from Eastbay. The prices here suck. Eastbay also has 15%-20% discounts that also helps bring the price down. The discount usually covers the shipping cost to Australia.

Any idea why these are not more widely available? Where did you buy your pair from?

Last edited:
Bought my limited Bel Airs from Nike com. I believe the camo 28 SE only released at Nike and Finishline. I haven't heard any specifics about any further releases yet.

Back
Top Bottom