Air Jordan XX8 SE Shrouldess Video and Official Pics on Page 1 Shoes Hit Stores 10/11/13

Last time I played the court was not as clean as usual and for the first time I found myself needing to wipe the sole mid game. Still had fine traction. Court condition matters more than anything else for me.

surprised people in here are calling the camo se's limited seems like finishline.com has a full size run at the moment. Tried the green camo and was able to add multiple sizes without a problem. If only these were in solid colors.

Just because theyre still available doesnt mean theyre not limited. Ever thought that people just didnt like those ugly camo things. Has nothing to do with the quantity

I complained about the traction...the traction on those are not top notch...they aren't better than the Kobe IV or the 2013 Hyperdunk...they may be in line with the Kobe 8 but that's it...and I've played on courts where it is not entirely clean, but my hyperdunks have no problem...

funny how you say that maybe those individuals that are complaining about traction don't know how to go quick laterally...if the traction is subpar and I can go quick laterally the traction will give out due to the force I am putting to the ground...so, someone that isn't able to apply as much force as me would be ok with subpar traction because the floor has less power being applied to it

I think it's the floor dude. Not the shoes. I don't think you would be sliding all over the court with these shoes on if you were to play on a clean floor.

And normally the floor get dirtier by the hour because many people go in and out the gym at all times. People walked on water, dirt etc and brought that with them onto the floor.

Just imagine you are playing on a clean floor. Half an hour later and that floor will not be the same condition after 2 or 3 games.

I think it's the floor dude. Not the shoes. I don't think you would be sliding all over the court with these shoes on if you were to play on a clean floor.

And normally the floor get dirtier by the hour because many people go in and out the gym at all times. People walked on water, dirt etc and brought that with them onto the floor.

Just imagine you are playing on a clean floor. Half an hour later and that floor will not be the same condition after 2 or 3 games.

Did you read what I wrote? I said that I've played on courts that are not as clean as most would like but my Hyperdunks have no problem at all. What I'm saying is that the traction on these shoes are not top notch. I've brought both my SEs and Hyperdunks to the same court and only shoes that had problems traction wise were the SEs. Yes I had to constantly wipe my Hyperdunks, but after I did the shoes were great. Get a pair of Hyperdunks, or Kobe IV if you can find them, and compare them to the XX8 line. Then you can come and tell me how great the traction on these are.

Did you read what I wrote? I said that I've played on courts that are not as clean as most would like but my Hyperdunks have no problem at all. What I'm saying is that the traction on these shoes are not top notch. I've brought both my SEs and Hyperdunks to the same court and only shoes that had problems traction wise were the SEs. Yes I had to constantly wipe my Hyperdunks, but after I did the shoes were great. Get a pair of Hyperdunks, or Kobe IV if you can find them, and compare them to the XX8 line. Then you can come and tell me how great the traction on these are.

I own kobe iv and hd 08, 2012. When playing in them. If the floor dirty i would feel it.

If someone had to wipe their shoes constantly that mean the court is not meant to be play on anyway.

Time to go to a better gym buddy.

I own kobe iv and hd 08, 2012. When playing in them. If the floor dirty i would feel it.

If someone had to wipe their shoes constantly that mean the court is not meant to be play on anyway.

Time to go to a better gym buddy.

First off the 08 and 2012 Hyperdunks were not known for their traction...the first iteration of the Hyperdunk just highlighted being the lightest ever and the 2012 tried too hard to highlight the Nike + capabilities...next the Kobe IV were beasts compared to the SEs....I never said anything about me always playing on dusty floors...I'll put it out there for you that I have played on many different courts...from dirty to clean...including at Westchester High here in Cali...a Kobe sponsored school...so next time you want to tell me to find a better gym come down here to Cali and I will have no problem showing why the traction on these is trash

Do you have both the regular and SEs?

Yes. Traction on my Carolina SEs are as good as my joker, red elephant, and DTRT XX8s on decent to good indoor courts.

On another note, I really want JB to release some SEs in some standard, non-camo colorways. The Super Fly 2s have some great colors out there. Would be nice if we could something similar in the SEs...

Last edited:
Shocked they didn't have the SE's at the Gtown Nike store - just a few colors of Super Fly 2s and a bunch of CP3

View media item 626693Mine arrived in Australia today. They were shipped from the US on release day. First impression is great. Great quality. Nice and light. Cant wait to play in them. The forefoot zoom really protrudes from the rest of the sole so I will be interested to see how that feels. I will report after the game how they went. Really happy with these.

Last edited:
The more I play in these the more I love the ride. This was the 4th time I've balled in them and I'm at the stage of forgetting you're wearing kicks because the fit is right on for me.

Same as above regarding lightness. With the shoes in my gym bag it's so light it feels empty.

congrats auskicks! got my green camos in today too.

Tested them out on the court today and it's the same ride as the xx8s. I wear orthotics for my flat feet and the combination of them with these shoes feel amazing.  For anyone who plays ball, these are a must cop!  Light, greatl lockdown, great court feel, jizztastic cushioning setup, 

Played in these for the first time tonight. The traction was the best I've played in since the Kobe IV. Only problem was the toe box. Stubbed the hell out of both of my big toes :/

First off the 08 and 2012 Hyperdunks were not known for their traction...the first iteration of the Hyperdunk just highlighted being the lightest ever and the 2012 tried too hard to highlight the Nike + capabilities...next the Kobe IV were beasts compared to the SEs....I never said anything about me always playing on dusty floors...I'll put it out there for you that I have played on many different courts...from dirty to clean...including at Westchester High here in Cali...a Kobe sponsored school...so next time you want to tell me to find a better gym come down here to Cali and I will have no problem showing why the traction on these is trash

If you play on clean floor and still have problem with traction then maybe it's just you. I don't know how crazy fast you are at playing ball but it seem like almost everyone (reviewers and owners of XX8/SE) agrees that the XX8 SE have great traction. If an explosive guy like Russel Westbrook have no trouble with traction while wearing the XX8 then average recreational player like you shouldn't either. Unless you want to say that you're quicker than Russel Westbrook.

I played in HD 08, 2011, 2012. 2011 and 2012 are the best in term of traction of the HD series. I agree that Kobe IV traction is really good but the cushion is inferior compare to the XX8 zoom air.

Last edited:
The traction is good on my XX8's and is sticky and seems to get better after every wear. But I still think the Zoom Soldier 6 had better traction but it is not a better shoe. XX8's are really comfy and light and the zoom on the forefoot doesn't take long to get used to.

Played first game in mine last night. Comfy straight out of the box. I cant beleive how thin the synthetic on the upper is. I had to stop after 10 minutes and relace as they felt a bit loose. I was worried I was going to tear the upper when tightening the laces so hard but it was no problem. The fit was amazing after that. To me it basically felt like wearing a sock with a sole on the bottom. I can only compare to the superfly 2's but the cushioning felt great. The minimalist feel to the upper on my foot was incredible. My go to hoop shoe for big games is lebron x elite but a few more wears of this one and it might become my new number 1. I am that impressed by it. The zoom setup on this shoe is awesome. I had no grip issues. I had to wipe my feet a few times but I have to do that with any shoes I play in. Hopefully some solid colorways drop because I definitely want more of these.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom