Air Jordan XX8 SE Shrouldess Video and Official Pics on Page 1 Shoes Hit Stores 10/11/13

Hey man, yes, it is anywhere from $40-$100 cheaper (depending on the shoe) to get them from Eastbay. The prices here suck. Eastbay also has 15%-20% discounts that also helps bring the price down. The discount usually covers the shipping cost to Australia.

Any idea why these are not more widely available? Where did you buy your pair from?
Im in Adelaide. The se were pulled from the Footlocker release calender 24 hours before they were due to drop. I contacted FTL through twitter and they said they are only releasing at HOH stores in the US. I replied and gave them a serve about making resellers richer. Anyway I had to go through Ebay. Ended up costing $60 more. I dont know but I dont think these will make it to Australia. If they do maybe just Footlocker Melbourne and Perth and kickz101 only. It sucks but you have to do what you can to get what you want.

Bought my limited Bel Airs from Nike com. I believe the camo 28 SE only released at Nike and Finishline. I haven't heard any specifics about any further releases yet.
I just find it weird that it was listed at Eastbay and Footlocker, then pulled from release just beforehand. You think Nike changed their mind at the last minute? Anyone have an insight on what happened there?

I really did think that these were going to be easier to get a hold of than the XX8s. The main reason I didn't look at getting the XX8s was because I didn't like the shroud, colorways and also the price was a bit high for me. These were looking to be a great alternative. I wonder what happened?

Do you think that it might just be that these camo colorways are limited? Is it possible that they release solid colorways at a later time that are more widely available? or do you think that Jordan brand simply doesn't want to sell too many shoes with this tech at a $150 price point? I really thought that they would be more expensive, so I was surprised when I saw that the price point was going to be $150.

Maybe I need to look at the Melo M10. Is that going to have the same midsole setup? The midsole is the main reason I want to try this shoe.

Edit : How do you copy quotes so you can edit them into a previous post rather than replying with a new post?

Last edited:

I just find it weird that it was listed at Eastbay and Footlocker, then pulled from release just beforehand. You think Nike changed their mind at the last minute? Anyone have an insight on what happened there?

I really did think that these were going to be easier to get a hold of than the XX8s. The main reason I didn't look at getting the XX8s was because I didn't like the shroud, colorways and also the price was a bit high for me. These were looking to be a great alternative. I wonder what happened?

Do you think that it might just be that these camo colorways are limited? Is it possible that they release solid colorways at a later time that are more widely available? or do you think that Jordan brand simply doesn't want to sell too many shoes with this tech at a $150 price point? I really thought that they would be more expensive, so I was surprised when I saw that the price point was going to be $150.

Maybe I need to look at the Melo M10. Is that going to have the same midsole setup? The midsole is the main reason I want to try this shoe.

Edit : How do you copy quotes so you edit them into a previous post rather than replying with a new post?
they are definitely releasing in solid colors, but not that black/gold colorway i'm told. i have the "georgetown" camos and definitely am a fan of the shoe.

Im in Adelaide. The se were pulled from the Footlocker release calender 24 hours before they were due to drop. I contacted FTL through twitter and they said they are only releasing at HOH stores in the US. I replied and gave them a serve about making resellers richer. Anyway I had to go through Ebay. Ended up costing $60 more. I dont know but I dont think these will make it to Australia. If they do maybe just Footlocker Melbourne and Perth and kickz101 only. It sucks but you have to do what you can to get what you want.
Well that really sucks. I'm actually pretty angry with Jordan brand for doing that. Did Footlocker say who's decision it was? I was looking at the release calendar for weeks, waiting, so I can look at buying a pair, and then they were pulled at the last minute.

btw Have you used yours yet? and have you tried the regular XX8s to give a comparison between the two?

they are definitely releasing in solid colors, but not that black/gold colorway i'm told. i have the "georgetown" camos and definitely am a fan of the shoe.
Yeah, I do recall reading that the black/gold colorway was just a sample, and wasn't going to be released. Good to know that they will be releasing solid colorways. You think the solid colorways will be more widely available?

Edit : Sorry about starting a new post, don't know how to copy quotes and add them to my current/previous post.

Yeah, I do recall reading that the black/gold colorway was just a sample, and wasn't going to be released. Good to know that they will be releasing solid colorways. You think the solid colorways will be more widely available?

Edit : Sorry about starting a new post, don't know how to copy quotes and add them to my current/previous post.
such a travesty that the black gold will never see the light of day

Well that really sucks. I'm actually pretty angry with Jordan brand for doing that. Did Footlocker say who's decision it was? I was looking at the release calendar for weeks, waiting, so I can look at buying a pair, and then they were pulled at the last minute.

btw Have you used yours yet? and have you tried the regular XX8s to give a comparison between the two?
Still waiting on shipping. They are coming via the slowest service possible. Hopefully they will arrive next week some time. I dont have xx8's but I have the superfly 2 which has a similar setup with the unlocked zoom in the forfoot. Superfly dont have it in the heel though unlike the xx8 se. The superflys are amazing to play in. I really like them so my expectations for the se are pretty high.

Nice I'll be interested to hear your comparison because I've thought about grabbing some superfly 2s.

surprised people in here are calling the camo se's limited seems like finishline.com has a full size run at the moment. Tried the green camo and was able to add multiple sizes without a problem. If only these were in solid colors.

Wore my camos to ball last night. They are just as supportive and comfortable as the xx8, however, without the shroud I felt that the toebox was a little too roomy (just like the superfly2). Looked great on feet and very grippy at my gym. I'll wear these again to see how they break in, but I may go back to the regular xx8 just for the better forefoot fit for me.

no release info out about upcoming solid CWs

people just guessing !

how many CWs of the XX8 were shown in pixs but never released ?

these SEs continue to sit 

the reviews here indicate this is a diff shoe than the XX8

apples and oranges .....

no release info out about upcoming solid CWs
people just guessing !
how many CWs of the XX8 were shown in pixs but never released ?
these SEs continue to sit 
the reviews here indicate this is a diff shoe than the XX8
apples and oranges .....

It's the same shoe. All tech is the same besides the shroud, its the same shoe.

nerd.gif
will cop when they hit the Outlet in a year for $69.99
tongue.gif
happy.gif
tongue.gif

lol dude
just pointing out a lot of traction issues being mention here  that i didn't
see on the xx8 thread
and yes,  i do ball ..... 

traction is the same on the xx8 and these dude. Lol. Same rubber and same traction pattern. People who complain about traction probably didn't play on a clean gym floor or don't own the xx8 or probably just sucks at going quick laterally lol. I play in these xx8 se 3 times already. No problem of traction for me.

Last edited:

good luck with that. Outlet nowadays sell theirs shoes for nearly retail. I still see Melo and Hyperdunk 2012 listed at $89 lol

traction is the same on the xx8 and these dude. Lol. Same rubber and same traction pattern. People who complain about traction probably didn't play on a clean gym floor or don't own the xx8 or probably just sucks at going quick laterally lol. I play in these xx8 se 3 times already. No problem of traction for me.
thanks for your review

I complained about the traction...the traction on those are not top notch...they aren't better than the Kobe IV or the 2013 Hyperdunk...they may be in line with the Kobe 8 but that's it...and I've played on courts where it is not entirely clean, but my hyperdunks have no problem...

funny how you say that maybe those individuals that are complaining about traction don't know how to go quick laterally...if the traction is subpar and I can go quick laterally the traction will give out due to the force I am putting to the ground...so, someone that isn't able to apply as much force as me would be ok with subpar traction because the floor has less power being applied to it

Back
Top Bottom