AJ XXX (30)

What material is the toe cap made of?
They didn't really get into great detail about what the toe is actually made of. All they talked about about in interviews was that it was a plastic material printed on with a dotted process

Which photo are you referencing that shoes bad creasing?

If it's near the toe area I'd suspect the creasing is due to the toe cap since it reinforces only that area, creasing will be more pronounced there as compared to the XX9 due to the transition from the hardened toe cap to the flexible weave upper. 
I saw the creasing on several youtube videos where the were worn. Mostly midfoot upper part showed much creasing. Because when I looked on the Kobe9 elites or xx9, i didn't witness that degree of creasing.
So i was wondering why the xxx creases much more.

I was hoping it wasn't. Something tells me it may end up getting dingy and yellow after a few years.

Yellowing is something I would expect if you use translucent rubber/plastic.
Something similar happened on my 16s the little part with the XV1 on the toe above the patent toe part.

I was hoping it wasn't. Something tells me it may end up getting dingy and yellow after a few years.
Ya definitely a possibility, though I'm curious to see what else they do with it. In Slades interview they talk about the ability of the toe to change colors at different angles. I don't expect them to use the clear material every time 

Air Jordan XXX
Release Date: 02/10/16
Color: White/Black-University Blue
Style #: 811006-107
Price: $200

When are we getting official images of these??????????????
I was wondering about these myself! I was thinking that these were the samples of that colorway...

I'm curious as if these are actually going to release.

I really enjoy the expressionistic quality of the XXX graphic on the bottom and how it wraps upwards and up onto the midsole in the top left pic!! These look very similar to the original Tinker sketch IMO. It would be amazing if they released like these pics!! Reminds me of the muguard /vamp on the VIII's. I like refined as much as the next person but JB needs to let loose on their designs once in a while
ohwell.gif

Last edited:
New Eastbay catalog came in the mail yesterday. Had a pull out poster for the XXX's

First time I've actually looked through an Eastbay in years.

I see the curve differences but if you just look at both shoes from the front view. They look similar. To me at least. I obviously know the design is different.

Is it just me, or does the toe box look like the moon? i feel like in the front left side, there is something that looks like a crater. Idk, but it is cool nonetheless.

"Fly me to the moon and let me play among the stars..." you might be right. The tongue has earth, the blue shades on the heel the space, the toe is the moon of earth and the blue part on the midsole the galaxy.

Back
Top Bottom