AJ XXX (30)

yeah they should of stopped after 23 , I remember when JB shoes were actually good, good materials and amazing comfort .Now we get about 100 retro releases a month made from cardboard and plastic smh the last great Jordan was the XX imo in terms of quality and comfort
The XX's were nowhere near the level of comfort of the 28's and 29's.  Both shoes were top notch in my opinion.

yeah they should of stopped after 23 , I remember when JB shoes were actually good, good materials and amazing comfort .Now we get about 100 retro releases a month made from cardboard and plastic smh the last great Jordan was the XX imo in terms of quality and comfort

then you never wore any air jordans after the 23?
the aj 2011, 2012, 28 and 29 are superior in comfort and court feel over the 20.
you might not like the recent designs but i think the latest air jordans are actually great basketball shoes with interesting designs. since the aj9, air jordans became more a love or hate shoe. imo, they are like modern art. abstract and provocative.

Good point....polarizing for sure; marketers love that as it gets people talking about it.  I stopped wearing Jordans after the 8.  Didn't start with retros until '13, and first modern jordan that caught my eye design-wise was the XX9.  Looking forward to the 30.

XX8's and XX9's changed the game for me when it comes to hooping brons and kobes dont do it for me no more

Since Melo's line has adopted alot of the tech in the sole such as flight plate and the cushioning piece I prefer that as the next best thing when it comes to hooping if you dont wanna drop that bread

Because Mike's not making memories in them. It will never be the same.
You spoke the (sad) truth. Jordan has been a blessing (mostly) and a curse for both sneakers and hoops in general, mostly like Star Wars was/is on film and pop culture. You can't reproduce the original magic, although they keep milking it for nostalgia and $$$, but nothing has come even close to replace it, so we're stuck in a never ending loop.

You spoke the (sad) truth. Jordan has been a blessing (mostly) and a curse for both sneakers and hoops in general, mostly like Star Wars was/is on film and pop culture. You can't reproduce the original magic, although they keep milking it for nostalgia and $$$, but nothing has come even close to replace it, so we're stuck in a never ending loop.

The new movie does look promising tho.

The new movie does look promising tho.
Yes it does, because it features the actors of the original trilogy and less CGI and more practical effects, like they used to do "back in the day"...it's a "remastered" STAR WARS so to speak, in Jordan Brand terms. Even has the roman numerals, like the AIR JORDANS: Star Wars: Episode VII.

So your saying the 30's are going to be Star Wars themed....? Jk . Can we just get a release date or soim already. Good lord now we're talking about Star Wars (which does look fantastic by the way).

So your saying the 30's are going to be Star Wars themed....? Jk . Can we just get a release date or soim already. Good lord now we're talking about Star Wars (which does look fantastic by the way).
i don't think that he meant the aj 30 would be star wars themed but he just made a comparison in terms of classic style vs modern style vs remaster style

but i think the latest air jordans are actually great but lacks in endorsement by MJ not playing in them.
aj 9 sold poorly overall and the 10 only sold well when MJ made his 1st comeback in them.

Last edited:
i don't think that he meant the aj 30 would be star wars themed but he just made a comparison in terms of classic style vs modern style vs remaster style

but i think the latest air jordans are actually great but lacks in endorsement by MJ not playing in them.
aj 9 sold poorly overall and the 10 only sold well when MJ made his 1st comeback in them.

^^^ dude thought I was serious. jk=Just Kidding bruh. Thank for clarifying that the Air Jordan wouldn't be Star Wars themed though a hahahahahahahah.

Can we set a picture or release date good hell....

^^^ dude thought I was serious. jk=Just Kidding bruh. Thank for clarifying that the Air Jordan wouldn't be Star Wars themed though a hahahahahahahah.

Can we set a picture or release date good hell....

yeah, was a good one huh? :wink:

i agree that it's time for some real pictures of them. can't believe they keep it even more confidential than the 28.

so "BC" (black cat)  items are the XXX  gear ?
yet other items have XXX in the product name ??

i guess the pattern is inspired by a jaguar or black panther.
as mj was nicknamed as black cat. last time it was the aj 13 where a black panther was its inspiration (the fang like sole design and the hologram like reflective predator cat eye).

as mj was nicknamed as black cat. last time it was the aj 13 where a black panther was its inspiration (the fang like sole design and the hologram like reflective predator cat eye).
The sole is designed like a paw. Don't know how the sole could possibly look like fangs.

We desperately need some info. The side bar conversations are turning the thread into it's own forum. LOL

The XX9 was probably the best performance sneaker the brand has ever made though...

all good points that im aware of ....

my concern is that they CHANGED THE NAME

the pants and hoodie were first listed as "XXX" gear on NDC  but then they switched name to "BC" then took down the hoodie and removed both XXX and BC from pants name ????????

finishline still calling the hoodie "XXX" and "BC"

why change the name of the products ??????

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom