AJ XXX (30)

There are so many jordan brand products (shoes, apparels, gears) there is no way MJ needs to approve every single item. I think only the big stuff like the new air jordans require his approval. Retros? I don't think so.

I think that the 29s are really underrated, i mean have you seen those joints with the pic of mj as the logo?

checked out the new KICKS mag put out by SLAM

nothing on the XXX ?

mean.gif

checked out the new KICKS mag put out by SLAM
nothing on the XXX ?
:smh:
We are in august now. I think the XXX might drop in 4th quarter of 2015.
Maybe late october like the OG 11, 13 and 14. Or late November like the og 12. Or maybe mid of December like the og 15. From aj 16 - aj 28 they were released around February.

Last edited:
yeah they should of stopped after 23 , I remember when JB shoes were actually good, good materials and amazing comfort .Now we get about 100 retro releases a month made from cardboard and plastic smh the last great Jordan was the XX imo in terms of quality and comfort

What does a retro have to do with the newer products of today?

The 28s and 29s are fantastic shoes with great technology and okay~great materials. And because of the way the footwear industry is moving with newer technology and making them less pleasing to be worn casually, does not mean they aren't good.

Basketball shoes first, night out on the town last.

The 28s and 29s are fantastic shoes with great technology and okay~great materials. And because of the way the footwear industry is moving with newer technology and making them less pleasing to be worn casually, does not mean they aren't good.

And it would be weird if they sacrifice performance only to make them look good for casual wear.
Back in the 1980s and 1990s performance basketball shoes were not able to have materials lile like flywire or flyknit.
For good stability you still needed quite thick leather and the soles were also thicker.
If they could reduce weight and increase courtfeel back then they would already build shoes like nowadays.

If people cannot see themselves wearing post aj 14 for casual that is their opinion.
I love wearing the aj 28 and 29 casually. I remember how people were looking on my feet when i was one of the first guy to wear the og 13 and og foamposite ones on the street.
Neckbreaking by lovers and haters.
So is the same with the recent air jordans.

With today's technology there's really no reason to have to tradeoff performance for style and vice versa.  People are just so tied to the retro look that they don't find the modern style to be...well...stylish.  Sure, the layers of materials used did add to the style, which are no longer needed for stability/performance, but that's not to say that there can't be great style with modern techniques and materials.  I think the XX9 had some really cool designs.  I believe they could have done a lot more with it than they did.  It would be interesting to have it on NikeID and see what people would come up with.  

And it would be weird if they sacrifice performance only to make them look good for casual wear.
Back in the 1980s and 1990s performance basketball shoes were not able to have materials lile like flywire or flyknit.
For good stability you still needed quite thick leather and the soles were also thicker.
If they could reduce weight and increase courtfeel back then they would already build shoes like nowadays.

If people cannot see themselves wearing post aj 14 for casual that is their opinion.
I love wearing the aj 28 and 29 casually. I remember how people were looking on my feet when i was one of the first guy to wear the og 13 and og foamposite ones on the street.
Neckbreaking by lovers and haters.
So is the same with the recent air jordans.

But you where talking about how in the past Jordan's where made with better materials and comfort, which was on subject about older models and the retros that are trying to imitate them today. And I'm stating that the retro models have nothing to do with the performance Jordan models of today.

If anyone wants to casually wear their Jordan's, by all means do so. Its not like you can't. But I truly believe with the 29, Jordan Brand has made a statement that they are moving on and focusing on court performance > everything else.

With today's technology there's really no reason to have to tradeoff performance for style and vice versa.  People are just so tied to the retro look that they don't find the modern style to be...well...stylish.  Sure, the layers of materials used did add to the style, which are no longer needed for stability/performance, but that's not to say that there can't be great style with modern techniques and materials.  I think the XX9 had some really cool designs.  I believe they could have done a lot more with it than they did.  It would be interesting to have it on NikeID and see what people would come up with.  

Because they came out when MJ was playing and remember him wearing them on court. And or that was our first Jordan's and we hold a special place in our memories. Its all about that Nostalgia factor and others who want to coattail ride on them (hype beast).
Shoes today however IMHO have been moving away from casual wear and are in the performance driven first. This isn't to say the shoes of yesteryear was not. Since they did have the newest tech. its just that its easier these days to sport them on the street vs these newer models that are all made from a robotic grandma knitting machine with tight tolerances. Making them look like really socks with a sole attached.

Jordan XXX info locked up like fort knox no sneak pics or any announcements this is crazy

Back
Top Bottom