AJ XXX (30)

Man it's already September. With us not having any idea how they look, I wonder when the heck are they even planning on releasing these?

But you where talking about how in the past Jordan's where made with better materials and comfort, which was on subject about older models and the retros that are trying to imitate them today. And I'm stating that the retro models have nothing to do with the performance Jordan models of today.

If anyone wants to casually wear their Jordan's, by all means do so. Its not like you can't. But I truly believe with the 29, Jordan Brand has made a statement that they are moving on and focusing on court performance > everything else.
Because they came out when MJ was playing and remember him wearing them on court. And or that was our first Jordan's and we hold a special place in our memories. Its all about that Nostalgia factor and others who want to coattail ride on them (hype beast).
Shoes today however IMHO have been moving away from casual wear and are in the performance driven first. This isn't to say the shoes of yesteryear was not. Since they did have the newest tech. its just that its easier these days to sport them on the street vs these newer models that are all made from a robotic grandma knitting machine with tight tolerances. Making them look like really socks with a sole attached.

I never said that older models were made of better materials. I said the og jordans were made of better materials than their retro counterparts of the recent years.

Again, who said the old models were intentionally made for style and not performance?
Performance was very important back then too but they simply did not advance to the level where can reduce the shoe weight like now.
Speaking of weight and bulkyness, the air jordans 18 - 22 were also bulky and heavy compared to recent years of basketball shoes.
And usually an air jordan design has a very outstanding design that makes them very unique.
If air jordans have a new mindset then the only thing is that they are now aiming to be the best basketball shoe.
Because when you look at the aj 10, 12 and 15 they were never among the best basketball shoes back then.
Back then you had shoes like the air max uptempo, foamposite one or shox bb4 that were better performing than the air jordan.
When the kobe signatures had better court feel than the jordans such like aj 2009 or 2010, JB finally pushed themselves to engineer air jordans that not only look unique but also sport latest technologies and maximum court feel.

If people can wear running shoes made of flyknit, nike frees, adi drose, then why would it be not ok to wear recent air jordans casually as well?

If we don't adapt to new styles we would always stick with old stuff like the chucks, superstars and af1.

I still remember where some folks only wear aj 1 - 4 and claimed the further air jordans would be looking too modern to wear casually.
It's the same debate we had decades ago.

Last edited:
Never mind the silhouettes, people just prefer leathers and suedes and nubucks. Fly weave and fuses are not as aesthetically pleasing as leather or suede. Point blank. Those materials, however, are not as light, flexible, breathable, or durable as new materials and technologies so we aren't going to see them as much. They're outdated.

That's just how it. People need to get over it and let the discussion rest.

I never said that older models were made of better materials. I said the og jordans were made of better materials than their retro counterparts of the recent years.

Again, who said the old models were intentionally made for style and not performance?
Performance was very important back then too but they simply did not advance to the level where can reduce the shoe weight like now.
Speaking of weight and bulkyness, the air jordans 18 - 22 were also bulky and heavy compared to recent years of basketball shoes.
And usually an air jordan design has a very outstanding design that makes them very unique.
If air jordans have a new mindset then the only thing is that they are now aiming to be the best basketball shoe.
Because when you look at the aj 10, 12 and 15 they were never among the best basketball shoes back then.
Back then you had shoes like the air max uptempo, foamposite one or shox bb4 that were better performing than the air jordan.
When the kobe signatures had better court feel than the jordans such like aj 2009 or 2010, JB finally pushed themselves to engineer air jordans that not only look unique but also sport latest technologies and maximum court feel.

If people can wear running shoes made of flyknit, nike frees, adi drose, then why would it be not ok to wear recent air jordans casually as well?

If we don't adapt to new styles we would always stick with old stuff like the chucks, superstars and af1.

I still remember where some folks only wear aj 1 - 4 and claimed the further air jordans would be looking too modern to wear casually.

When we bought shoes back in the day. We wasn't hooping in [emoji]128169[/emoji]. My dad didn't buy me cheap shoes like others were wearing. I always wore j's casually. I never knew anything else.

I still don't get the appeal of flyknit and plastic-based shoes. I did find the 29's engineered mesh or whatever it was to have a good feel to them. If the 30s have that material with leather then I'm interested. I'm curious to see how those two pieces of material are merged and where they put the leather as well as where they put the engineered mesh.

Yeah you did. You injected that Retro's are not the same as the OG models. Which has nothing to do with the 30s and performance models of now.

And no one said OGs are trash performance back in the day. The point I'm making was that with the technology today we're getting further away from natural materiel like leather and going with more synthetic. We're also hitting a divide here where most people won't be rocking any of these casually either because of how they look. People are fine eating up the newest causal wear, and retros. And again no one is telling you not to wear what you want to wear for what you want to wear it for.

No one said shoes back than didn't perform :smh: They did what they had to do with the knowledge they had back than. And today they are doing what can do with the tech and know how of now.
LOL dude no one is saying you can't rock what you want to rock. The point is being made that the silhouette of today is not very appealing to most people to rock out casually and the mindset IS being pushed more for on court performance first and what you wan to wear out on the town... not at all.

And again we have adopted the newer styles as being okay. Air Yeezy are trash af and looks super bulky, but people love them. Yeezy Boost, Roshe One/Run/Whatever you want to call it, Adidas Pure Boost series etc.

Last edited:
I look at it as nike just wanting more money and not caring about what their shoe looks like

Back in the day this line was both performance and style based

Now nike dont care cuz their lifestyle/retro line is neverending

Its still crazy to me how they got alot of people actually believing the shoe is better off with nothing in the heel. Of

And paying a premium price at that for synthetics and plastics which cost less than ginuine leather with the same air technology in the heel as a nike cortez. It took them 30 years to realize nothing in the heel was better than something in the heel? Like REALLY?

I mean with cheaper materials saving the company money you would think they wouldnt charge premium prices right? They contradict themselves saying its performance based when the price has more to do with the name and not the shoe itself you know what im saying?

Michael jordan is retired. Would have been dope if they made a shoe that fit his style right now plus could perform on the court. Kind of like an old man hooping shoe. Vintage style. Performance beast.

Last edited:
That's exactly what I was saying awhile back...First question to Tinker would be: "Do you really think that no air in the heel is better performance?  What does that say about the last 30 years of marketing max air?!"  It will be interesting to see if there will be an air unit in the 30!

Add me to that group too, I would have the same question, 30 years of Air and over sudden - its better without it. They have the young cats so brain washed that no one even uses their common sense and logic anymore. This whole corporation was build on the Air technology, not on gimmicky plastic and dental floss lacing systems or wash cloth uppers. 

related?

11896228_10207815075484287_7241465677822734499_n.jpg

Last edited:
That's exactly what I was saying awhile back...First question to Tinker would be: "Do you really think that no air in the heel is better performance?  What does that say about the last 30 years of marketing max air?!"  It will be interesting to see if there will be an air unit in the 30!

Well i can tell you that an air unit does not guarantee you to have a better performing basketball shoe. I wore the air pippen 1 and air max cw which had huge air units in the heel yet while they felt soft they did not provide me any good court feel and in the cws i even twisted my ankles very often.

The xx9 is a great basketball shoes for lighter players who need quickness. If you are more like a heavy front court player you better stick with the LeBrons.

I do want to preface this post by saying that before the XX8 released, there were rumors about JB delaying/spreading out future signature releases. That happened with the XX9.

So here is my take on whats going to happen...

I think, just like how JB introduced the XX9, 9/29 will be the preview of the XXX and the release will be in February. Again with the XX9, we got the intro in April and the release in September. That's almost exactly 5 months later. We get a preview of the XXX on the 29th and a release in February, that is itself again, almost exactly 5 months later.

Whoever stated the sig models would go back to being released at the beginning of basketball season/school, at this point, to me, they look like they're very likely to be inaccurate.

Just my guess at this point.

Last edited:
Sounds legit. In that pic i find it weird that the xx9 is the only not pure red shoe on display XD
That's how it's been lately since they don't have the XXX revealed or yet released. As you can see and we all know that the PR XX9s are the best looking XX9's yet. In next year's display the XX9 will be same color as the entire line of I-XX9 with that being said the XXX will most likely be A released colorway and not same colorwaya s the rest of the I-XXX display.

Last edited:
But my biggest question is, why would you not release the 30th Air Jordan signature shoe during it's 30 year anniversary celebration?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom