AJ XXX (30)

I dig this launch colorway (minus big jumpman at the toe... -- looks to be hidden 3M at least?)

Would cop on discount but why do I get this feeling that these will come through in XX8-like #s?

Last edited:
Would everyone still have a problem with this shoe if the 29 didn't exist? It's hard to say. I think I like the upper more than the 29, but I don't think these are worth the money versus the deeply discounted 29s.

I'm more in the "I can't believe we waited for this" camp.

Would everyone still have a problem with this shoe if the 29 didn't exist? It's hard to say. I think I like the upper more than the 29, but I don't think these are worth the money versus the deeply discounted 29s.

I'm more in the "I can't believe we waited for this" camp.

Honestly, I've been in that camp since after the xx3 but even I wasn't in love with the xx3 during the reveal.
That's now one of my favorite sig Js.

1st Sig since the XX3 that actually looks like a Sig shoe in my opinion. I like em a lot but yeah price is the key factor. I'm not paying $220 for them

Last edited:
They should've put a small Jumpman where the space-themed dark rectangle tab is on the side of the midsole and removed the giant one from the toe. And can we stop with the late 90's gradient color fade please? 

They should've put a small Jumpman where the space-themed dark rectangle tab is on the side of the midsole and removed the giant one from the toe.

That's the thing, they are just too in your face with branding. The XI is such a classic shoe, but we don't have tons of branding on them or a huge Jumpan on the side. Some of their later sig's have just been too much with the branding. The design of the shoe should stand on its own. Like the XX3, minimal branding but people know it's a Jordan.

I think it's ok if the price is right like 150 or less I may cop. I'm sure there will be some nice color ways we should get Jayzrdead to do some mock ups. The collar reminds me of the one on my Titanium XX3's. They just made improvements to the XX9 basically its a trend JB used to follow b4 thats why some previous models look similar. There is so much dropping that these will b on disco by end of the year. Then I pounce.

View media item 1868878

Nothing Major but the soles do have differences. The sole on the XXX's wraps all the way around unlike the 29's that have a gap in the back. And the indentation on the bottom of the heel is different. The shoe seems to sit a bit flatter as well. Not much but slight differences. My 2cents. Shoe looks good though. 

As mentioned by others they are the 29.5 basically. I don't like that Jordan didn't innovate this time but....

They are pretty dope and I'm going to try to cop 8).

Don't hate it but not buying it either. Kobe XI in different cw is getting my money this year unless they don't fit well. Have an order coming in and hoping it's good as I think it will be. Guess my next Jordan's will be some other XI release this year. They can bring back almost any variant of that classic shoe and I'm buying.

They should've just taken the Kobe XI and put NA on the heel piece and a Jumpman on the tongue. Boom, the Jordan XXX.

Different Tongues on Each Shoe. See my tweets from 12/1.

PO

I'm disappointed with that. Given that this is a pinnacle year for a 30th anniversay shoe, they'll say MJ is a global icon which is why the world map is on the shoe. Not at all saying I could do better but I would've just kept it simple and moved the Jumpman from the toe up to the tongue just like the Jordan 3. As for tech, I was hoping for fresh tech. Not a minor tweak of 29's tooling. If the original 30 shoe was scrapped, why we are getting a "29.5?" Kind of makes me feel that because of that, JB messed with the release date. Remember they were supposed to roll with the new signature to the start of the NBA season? Now it's back to All-Star.

As for all else, we'll see in a hour or so here. I'm expecting media members to ask those hard hitting questions about inspiration and design. Again we'll see.

Last edited:
Passed on the 29's due to no heel zoom. Looks like due to that indent on the heel they omitted it again. What a shame

where was the link for the reveal again?
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom