All 144 NikeTalk New Era fitted caps have been SOLD. Thank you for your support!

Guys, we're starting to get a lot of repeat questions now.  Even if you don't want to read the entire thread, you can at least pay attention when Rajah and I are answering other people's questions.  Some of you are asking about information that's in the topic post.
Here's just a random thought me thinking out loud. Since there is a certain number of fitteds needed to have a custom order and we already have the design and everything can we pay make some type of list and pay ahead well im sure at first we would need the list before any type of money is taken and from there we get another shipment? im just curious if it would work and it would separate the people who dont want them and who does
Preorders don't make sense for this product given the lead time and volatility of the production process. 
Let's just take this release as an example.  The final design was approved in September.  Initially, we wanted to do more than one color.  Imagine if you'd ordered the second color, then a month and a half later you found out that it'd been canceled because New Era suddenly ran out of red cotton twill.  (True story.)  Then what?  Those get converted to black caps, but we refund the preorder and we're stuck with a size that may not sell later on?   

Or what about the unspecified production differences?  You ordered the product thinking the New Era logo would be white and red and suddenly it's all black or that the patch would be smaller.  You're not going to know about that until after the product's already been produced.  If someone gets upset because it isn't EXACTLY as they pictured it based on an illustration, do you hold them to their order and leave them with a negative experience?  

You'd be preordering something 3 months in advance that may turn out very different from what you'd imagined.  It just doesn't make sense.  

I remember when the first #NT shirt dropped everyone said they were gonna get it and that it was gonna sell out extremely fast. A few months ago you were still able to buy it.

The difference there is that we ordered 1,000  of the NT Alpha shirt so that we could use the first day sales to cover the costs of a large run and take advantage of volume discounts to keep the price as low as possible.  The goal there was to create a classic product that could be kept in stock for a long time.  It was a marathon, not a sprint. 
Even so, we're not taking anything for granted and money doesn't just appear out of thin air.  We haven't recovered the investment from these caps yet, so there's no way we're sinking more into a second run that won't even be ready 3 months from now without at least waiting to see how these perform.  It would be a mistake to assume that additional caps are on the way simply based on what you see in this thread.  It's free to say you want something.  We'll see how that translates to actual sales.

Stupid question. Is this friday night going into saturday or saturday night going into Sunday

Friday into Saturday.  

This should really just be an Online Release..

That's my preference as well.  That way everyone has access and nobody has an extra edge.

I'll wait for the snapback version....

Yeah, those will drop right after our collab with Li-Ning.  Stay patient..

Dope, hopefully I'll be able to order on my iPhone since it's going on sale Friday night...

I like it, but I'm not going to sit at my computer refreshing every 5 seconds. Guess I'll have to wait for a 2nd run if I miss out.

but forreal everyone should do that like/fan thing on facebook so we can get the hats discounted i believe the magic number is 8,000

Originally Posted by vcshoxj6

Method Man, will sz. 8 be available?
eek.gif
damn
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Method Man

I'll wait for the snapback version....
Yeah, those will drop right after our collab with Li-Ning.  Stay patient..
Wait wut?
A snapback version would be better, for it would allow for the guesswork of picking sizes to be taken out, since one size fits all.

Originally Posted by jthagreat

snapbacks ? really?

The hype for snapbacks is ridiculous
30t6p3b.gif
How did these get back to being popular in the first place??

Originally Posted by Noskey

Originally Posted by jthagreat

snapbacks ? really?

The hype for snapbacks is ridiculous
30t6p3b.gif
How did these get back to being popular in the first place??

Those dudes with the tight nut hugging pants wanted small hats to match there small jeans

Back
Top Bottom