All Things Sports Media Thread!!

i don't think that was a shot then.. or i don't get it.. they just did the top 53

simmon's trade article was from march

Last edited:
I don't think it was a shot at all. It's just a coincidence. And not a surprising one, either.

Tony Kornhiser got suspended. :lol:

For something that was obviously a hyperbolic unserious comment. People need to stop taking radio shows out of context.

also

That Nate Silver tweet is obviously not any kind of shot, just remarking how statistical analysis and qualitative analysis (bill simmons) can reach similar conclusions.

Does anyone else subscribe to satellite radio and listen to Mad Dog? Biggest collection of clowns on one radio network.

Tony Kornhiser got suspended.
laugh.gif

For something that was obviously a hyperbolic unserious comment. People need to stop taking radio shows out of context.

What did TK say?

Tony Kornhiser got suspended. :lol:

What did TK say?

They were saying he was sick on his radio show today and did it without him. They do a PTI preview on his show everyday and one on Tuesday as normal, but he wasn't on PTI which was very odd. And of course today they were saying that he was sick and called in at 9:40 for a 10:00 show. (I think they were joking about the call in time)

Last edited:
RIP Grantland |I

Guess it's been inevitable since BS left but damn at the way they just pulled the plug like that.

ESPN is ******* stupid

no one at Grantland will have trouble finding another job

Zach Lowe wasn't absolutely terrible at all on The Grantland Basketball Show and he'll have room to grow into whatever role they give him now as a part of ESPN & not solely Grantland.

ESPN is ******* stupid

no one at Grantland will have trouble finding another job

ESPN was ordered by Disney to cut $250M. That's the reason the ACC Network has been delayed and won't be aired for years.

Despite the conspiracy theories, this has nothing to do with their beef with Simmons. At the end of the day, it is all about profit and revenue. If Grantland was truly profitable, ESPN would have kept it alive. The revenue that they brought in was not significant and therefore made it expendable. It is why Buzzfeed can literally post crap all day and continue to do so on a daily basis because the clicks justify it. Grantland satisfied a niche audience and when it comes to the bottom line that is simply not enough.

I heard the $250m cuts from one of the Deadspin podcasts a month ago. Dudes are out here trying to get supplemental income now via Draft Kings and Fanduel tweets with no semblance of a human being being the one who wrote the tweet.

Whoa......... Well now espn means nothing. Their superior fantasy football app is all they have.

I'm sure some of the sports writers will just move over to ESPN.com

Wonder what will happen with the pop culture writers. Where my boy Greenwald going? :nerd:

Also, Ad Block has a lot to do with it. You have a site that you genuinely support, disable your blockers when you visit them. Yeah, they collect your data and can ruin your browsing experience with pop ups, but they are also helping that site stay alive by generating revenue. A lot of good sites have died and will continue to die because of it.

Last edited:
@BillSimmons: I loved everyone I worked with at G and loved what we built. Watching good/kind/talented people get treated so callously = simply appalling.

Back
Top Bottom