American Sniper

I'm thankful and respectful for anyone who serves. I'm not naive enough to think the US doesn't need an army the size of what it has. It would be pretty easy to sit here and be disrespectful from my couch. Not saying they're all heros but it is an honorable thing to do.

the movie to me was ok..

maybe my expectations were high based on media

two sides to every story tho and ill leave  it at that

not taking anything away from anyone who serves tho

Last edited:
NOT once have i condoned or supported this war.. all i have said was i could care less about the opinions of ppl who haven't been there.. but
you explaining your thoughts on why others decide to serve is very insightful.. thank you.. please continue to explain the thought process of someone/something you know nothing about..

not once have you condoned or supported the war?

yet you still served?

so either you blindly enlisted w/o knowing what you were going to war for or you knowingly enlisted and still fought an illegal war.

it seems like you know nothing about your own profession. or you do and you just don't care.

:lol: your entire argument/reasoning is a vicious cycle of paradox.

Last edited:
I'm thankful and respectful for anyone who serves. I'm not naive enough to think the US doesn't need an army the size of what it has. It would be pretty easy to sit here and be disrespectful from my couch. Not saying they're all heros but it is an honorable thing to do.

what disrespect?

and you honestly think I haven't voiced my opinion in public?

I'll tell anyone right to their face what I believe. I'm not being disrespectful in the least.

if the truth hurts so be it, if anyone takes it as disrespect, that's their problem but I won't be silenced for fear of looking unpatriotic.

on the contrary, it's my duty as a citizen of this nation and this world to speak out against injustices and crimes against humanity.

even if it implicates my own nation.

yet you still served?

so either you blindly enlisted w/o knowing what you were going to war for or you knowingly enlisted and still fought an illegal war.

it seems like you know nothing about your own profession. or you do and you just don't care.

Explain this Illegal war you speak of. Who determines that a war is an illegal act? And Idc if you spew anti- war **** to other people that's not a solution to war. It's been this way forever and It isn't the US job to change the way of the world while putting its citizens at risk.

Last edited:

yet you still served?

so I can't serve in the military and provide anything beyond a gun for war? I can't serve for the camaraderie or have enlisted out of family tradition? No, none of us do that.. we all are gun toting conservatives who look to push democracy all over the world.. this is exactly why i don't put much value into the opinions of ppl who haven't served.. all of your insight is either garnished from the skewed view the media has now or something you gathered from others.. you obviously know nothing of my profession and the advances the military has made in my field and the reasons i continue to serve.. but keep fighting those injustices from the safety of your own home..

Explain this Illegal war you speak of. Who determines that a war is an illegal act? And Idc if you spew anti- war **** to other people that's not a solution to war. It's been this way forever and It isn't the US job to change the way of the world while putting its citizens at risk.

:lol: Sad I even have to explain this to you.

That's how uninformed and head in the sand you are.

You just eat up all the propaganda the media feeds you huh?

And you have the audacity to be mad at me for knowing better?

The UN deemed the war illegal on multiple occasions.

According to the UN Charter, the treaty which the US signed, and violated, the war in Iraq was illegal.

Richard Perle who WORKS for the pentagon, even admitted the war was illegal as it broke international law.

Bush was supposed to stand before congress and PROVE that Iraq was in violation of UN resolutions and in position of WMDs.. He never did, thus the war was illegal, violating the UN charter.

Educate your damn self next time before you question my integrity.

Last edited:
I saw the film. Its an ok film.

I dont understand the hate for it. Some call it a fairytale. Some just hate it because its a war film. Its a story told from the soldiers point of view. A soldier does as he is ordered.Michael Obese Moore calling snipers cowards.

Just like every other war, there are people against it and for it.

Thank you to every soldier who has served. You guys put your lives on the line to protect our freedom.

so I can't serve in the military and provide anything beyond a gun for war? I can't serve for the camaraderie or have enlisted out of family tradition? No, none of us do that.. we all are gun toting conservatives who look to push democracy all over the world.. this is exactly why i don't put much value into the opinions of ppl who haven't served.. all of your insight is either garnished from the skewed view the media has now or something you gathered from others.. you obviously know nothing of my profession and the advances the military has made in my field and the reasons i continue to serve.. but keep fighting those injustices from the safety of your own home..

it doesn't matter whether you're infantry or in a support role, you still are a part of a whole.

and it doesn't matter if you have family history, that's immaterial.

did your ancestors just blindly serve too? if so that's no justification for continued blind allegiance.

stand for something, but know what it is you're standing for.

and no, I've had this view from before occupation, it hasn't derived from the media in the least.

you keep with the same old tired song, "you know nothing" as justification for your own ignorance. if that's all you have to offer in this discussion then you might as well just log out and take comfort in that belief.

because the truth is folks do know, whether you want to accept it or not. this is the information age and we know all well the crimes that were committed under the false premises offered as justification for this war.

Last edited:
:lol: Sad I even have to explain this to you.

That's how uninformed and head in the sand you are.

You just eat up all the propaganda the media feeds you huh?

And you have the audacity to be mad at me for knowing better?

The UN deemed the war illegal on multiple occasions.

According to the UN Charter, the treaty which the US signed, and violated, the war in Iraq was illegal.

Richard Perle who WORKS for the pentagon, even admitted the war was illegal as it broke international law.

Bush was supposed to stand before congress and PROVE that Iraq was in violation of UN resolutions and in position of WMDs.. He never did, thus the war was illegal, violating the UN charter.

Educate your damn self next time before you question my integrity.

Bruh, son pardoned himself of war crimes.

Bush was merely getting sadam back for the first gulf war which is solely responsible for the biggest # of PTSD in this countries history.

Military like bean are the problem. Same with cops who say we have no right to speak on their jobs.

I'm not celebrating folks who enlisted because they had no other way to go in life.

I will celebrate the old timers who were drafted and current folks who truly wanted to to go tho

I celebrate that ones who refused. I celebrate the true heroes who stood up to a government that chose to be incarcerated over killing another human being for no reason.

Bruh, son pardoned himself of war crimes.

Bush was merely getting sadam back for the first gulf war which is solely responsible for the biggest # of PTSD in this countries history.

Military like bean are the problem. Same with cops who say we have no right to speak on their jobs.

exactly.

but it's a taboo in this nation to speak out about the truth.

right?

if I can't get behind our troops I might as well stand in front (and eat a bullet, because that's clearly what's being implied), right? that's what the bumper stickers read, right?

Hate these "thank me for my service" types :lol: Funny how America got brainwashed into worshiping the military when a few decades ago most people were standing up to and protesting against our unnecessary military presence in other countries.

"People in the military are heroes" this isn't the same military from the 1940s :lol:

Last edited:
Movie was good. Evoked emotion which I always like from a film. Cooper should win best actor though. He owned the role.

AGAIN.. i never said you didn't have a right to speak on the military or my job... i simply said i don't put much value into the opinions of the war and the effect it causes on ppl from those who personally have never been there..just like i wouldn't take the opinion on the cut of a steak from a vegetarian.. why my opinion on what i enjoy has caused so much feels in this thread is beyond me.. I'm done replying as i feel this conversation has run its course...this thread has taken enough turns from the original topic..

no this is an important discussion and the kind that a movie like this should generate

dont stop speaking your piece because you feel people dont agree with you

its important to hear both sides of the discussion, and to understand why you feel the way you do about it

AGAIN.. i never said you didn't have a right to speak on the military or my job... i simply said i don't put much value into the opinions of the war and the effect it causes on ppl from those who personally have never been there..just like i wouldn't take the opinion on the cut of a steak from a vegetarian.. why my opinion on what i enjoy has caused so much feels in this thread is beyond me.. I'm done replying as i feel this conversation has run its course...this thread has taken enough turns from the original topic..

again, your logic is asinine.

there are individuals in the government and the pentagon who who's opinion are far more profound than yours and mine.

and THEY have said the war was illegal. and many of them have never served.

it's a FACT, not a matter of opinion.

get that through your skull.

you don't have to take our opinion, you can devalue it for whatever ignorant reasons you wish, but the facts are facts. period.

the war in iraq was wrong, illegal and wrong. fact.

Last edited:
again, your logic is asinine.

there are individuals in the government and the pentagon who who's opinion are far more profound than yours and mine.

and THEY have said the war was illegal.

it's a FACT, not a matter of opinion.

get that through your skull.

you don't have to take our opinion, you can devalue it for whatever ignorant reasons you wish, but the facts are facts. period.

and what facts have i tried to discredit or argue? the reason i have decided to end this convo is some of you don't even fully read ppls responses.. you have already made up your mind on my stance.. you've even gone as far as telling me how i feel or the reasoning i have for staying in.. you don't like the military or agree with my involvement thats fine.. thats YOUR opinion.. do you see writing rebuttals in an attempt of swaying your opinion? no, because your entitled to it.. you say you have a right to YOUR opinion and yet you're trying to say I have no right to mine... hypocritical, no?

you paint this war as the U.S bullying a country whose ppl wanted us out at all cost.. which had you been there you would know couldn't be furthest from the truth.. I lost count of how many ppl personally thanked my unit for being there, how many young women who were so happy to finally be able to vote and attend college and how their government begged and pleaded for us to continue to have a presence in their cities. Was the reasons we invaded false and illegal, yes and you're right someone should answer for that... but will we ignore the fact they had a tyrant running that country into the ground. That the people there weren't begging for some sort of democracy.. or all the money garnished by their government lacing the pockets of sadam instead of going back to the ppl. They were more then happy to have someone finally stand up for them and over throw his ***.. War is an ugly thing, that i agree with.. but there were plenty of positives that you and the media chose to ignore that the military was directly involved in.. but again.. I'm not defending the war.. I'm defending the ppl who were there and my value in their opinions

Last edited:
and what facts have i tried to discredit or argue? the reason i have decided to end this convo is some of you don't even fully read ppls responses.. you have already made up your mind on my stance.. you've even gone as far as telling me how i feel or the reasoning i have for staying in.. you don't like the military or agree with my involvement thats fine.. thats YOUR opinion.. do you see writing rebuttals in an attempt of swaying your opinion? no, because your entitled to it.. you say you have a right to YOUR opinion and yet you're trying to say I have no right to mine... hypocritical, no?

you paint this war as the U.S bullying a country whose ppl wanted us out at all cost.. which had you been there you would know couldn't be furthest from the truth.. I lost count of how many ppl personally thanked my unit for being there, how many young women who were so happy to finally be able to vote and attend college and how their government begged and pleaded for us to continue to have a presence in their cities. Was the reasons we invaded false and illegal, yes and you're right someone should answer for that... but will we ignore the fact they had a tyrant running that country into the ground. That the people there weren't begging for some sort of democracy.. or all the money garnished by their government lacing the pockets of sadam instead of going back to the ppl. They were more then happy to have someone finally stand up for them and over throw his ***.. War is an ugly thing, that i agree with.. but there were plenty of positives that you and the media chose to ignore that the military was directly involved in.. but again.. I'm not defending the war.. I'm defending the ppl who were there and my value in their opinions

I never once painted the war as anything other than what it was.

the war was illegal, plain & simple.

you can justify it any way you want, it doesn't change the fact that we occupied Iraq under false premises.

all those positives are made moot when the laws that this nation agreed to abide by and uphold were breached and broken.

all those positives don't bring back the civilians that did lose family & loved ones in this war, innocent lives.

it doesn't matter if you're defending the war or not, or whether you're defending your brothers in arms, the fact is the war was illegal.

Back
Top Bottom