American Sniper

IDK if I'm going to watch this flick.

Hearing/seeing that it's drumming up a lot of anti-muslim sentiment online.

Def feels like a propaganda film.

IDK if I'm with all that, and I love a good war movie.

Prolly just going to wait 'til it hits netflix down the line.

:smh:.......
Personally, I saw it differently. I saw soldiers questioning the war, I saw Muslims that weren't all bad.

I can see how ignorant people would allow this to twist in their mind and make it something that it isn't, but those people would do that regardless. I was kind of surprised that the movie wasn't as one dimensional as you'd think if you listened to those accounts and cases.

His is a great movie bravo, the book is good too I think every American should go see this movie

Sad Jesse Ventura is a *** and had sued his poker family for a quick mil

Rumor has it that Eddie routh who killed Chris Kyle was actually a fraud military vet and shot him and his friend at the range because he was afriad of being exposed, rumor has it his shot at the range was way off and Chris knew something wasn't right but we shall see

i enjoyed the movie (though i had gripes with some parts of the story/direction).. what i have not enjoyed is the opinions of war and the military from ppl who have never put on the uniform..

i enjoyed the movie (though i had gripes with some parts of the story/direction).. what i have not enjoyed is the opinions of war and the military from ppl who have never put on the uniform..

So we can't have opinions because we don't want to enlist?

Stupid logic.

I've seen people on tv defend the movie and say people who serve should be respected. That's obvious and people do that but this movie has put focus on kyle and people seem to be criticizing him.

So we can't have opinions because we don't want to enlist?

Stupid logic.

that's what you took from my post? when did I say you couldn't have an opinion, i just said i didnt enjoy it, but thats just me.. i dont enjoy the insight of people who have never experienced the situation but feel so informed about the emotions or the sacrifice...and no, i would never want YOU to enlist.

Last edited:
that's what you took from my post? when did I say you couldn't have an opinion, i just said i didnt enjoy it, but thats just me.. i dont enjoy the insight of people who have never experienced the situation but feel so informed about the emotions or the sacrifice...and no, i would never want YOU to enlist.

The response of someone who lost.

Did Clint Eastwood serve? Did Bradley cooper serve?

Humans sacrifice period. Everyone has their own battles.

Your logic is just stupid.

Essentially, a positive opinion gets a pass. A negative one calls for enlistment.

Ok, buddy.

Watched the movie at a friends house last night, I wasn't a fan of it. Cooper did a good job but I don't like the way Muslims were portrayed in the movie.

I feel what Beans Beans is saying though. My brother is in the Sudanese army right now and he tells me the same thing. We have never really agreed on it but I understand where it comes from

You need to wear a costume in order to have an opinion? Any one can put on a costume and kill people, bro.

Yeah there's some questions about this movie. Have it sitting on my HD for about a week, I won't watch it. Just seems like a propaganda movie.

So I can't have an opinion and I'm not patriotic because I don't have a need, want, or desire to be military personnel? Please, cut the BS. I love the US because I moved here became a citizen and was accepted freely (well at least in NYC, who knows what people would think of me down south).

I can have an opinion on the military because:

A. it's a country of free speech, and say what you want but you didn't fight for it directly, our ancestors did.
B. I have friends who have served and I talk to them regularly as well as ask them some personal questions about their experience both from enlisted and officers. 90% of them wouldn't have done it if they had to go back, lets just put it that way. Their significant others , family, and themselves don't like how it changed them. They all did it for numerous reasons, but mostly because they wanted to go to college for free on the GI bill. Man it's wasn't exactly free lets put it that way.
C. War should never be glorified, especially when a lot of the operations that have been done over the last two decades, and even more extensively since WW2 have been nothing but BS politics. So now we have hundreds of thousands or even millions of severely hurt veterans (mentally speaking) because somebody wanted to avenge their daddy or push capitalism on a country that didn't want it. And then what happens? These people are on the street, homeless, mentally ill, and without any support because they are not supported.

There are numerous other reasons I can go into but if you don't see a problem with the above and why I believe that my opinion can't be freely stated then you are blind. People need to see the big picture and stop being blinded by politicians and special interest groups. It's not their children that are in the military. And if they are, well best believe that they are in the back directing orders or acting as doctors where they are away from the front. War should never be glorified, it is horrendous and only causes detriment.

You need to wear a costume in order to have an opinion? Any one can put on a costume and kill people, bro.

AGAIN... i didn't say you couldn't have an opinion, i was simply stating that i don't personally enjoy them from people who haven't been over there. I wasn't even speaking about anyone in this thread (for the most part i agree with their opinions on Chris as a person). i was referring to the media/critics who feel they have an understanding of service/war because they've read a few books or seen a couple movies (Moore stating all snipers are cowards, etc). AGAIN this is my opinion.. i guess ill go back to wearing that costume and killing |I

FOR THE RECORD: i have never stated anyone was unpatriotic.. I believe my statement was some how turned into some Pro-war stance which i happen to find ironic since i am not at all .

i gotta chill, i guess.. as it appears ppl are more concerned with my opinion then they should be

Last edited:
Costume? Really?

Well, what else do you call it?

Call what the men of war wear what ever it is you choose to call it.

I'm glad those men and women fight for the right so that we can express our opinions freely and call what they wear what ever we want. :pimp:

But if NT is filled with a bunch of people who dont like it when people call playoff XI's "Breds" then it wont be a shock to me that people wont like the US Military uniforms be called costumes.

They're entitled to not liking it just like you're entitled to saying it.

everytime i hear about american soldiers fighting for freedom and democracy it makes me think its like 1940 and we have to fight communism still

everytime i hear about american soldiers fighting for freedom and democracy it makes me think its like 1940 and we have to fight communism still

Because it works, ever talk to some of the guys that come home? They are always talking about how they were fighting for our freedom and democracy.

Because it works, ever talk to some of the guys that come home? They are always talking about how they were fighting for our freedom and democracy.

Depends, 90% of the friends that went over don't have that feeling. It really depends on the individual and why they signed up for service. The ones who did it patriotic reasons usually continue to do so. The ones that did it for the GI bill or some other ulterior motive don't always feel that way.

And that's all they know how to say. They go into the military, they get psychologically manipulated, built back up into a soldier mentality to never ask questions and only take orders, and if someone asks you "why" you did say "Did it for my/your/our freedom".

Back
Top Bottom