American Sniper

9/11 I was 21 years old.

Did we go after bin laden? No. Instead, bush jr., saw his chance and took it. Him and his cronies profited the most from the Iraq invasion. I don't agree that all military are pawns, but with most things in life, we're sold a story and buy-in. Bush played on the 9-11 emotions and had kids dying for his profit and pride.

And let's not act all American when 9-11 caused some of the worst anti-Muslim rhetoric in this nations history.

How many Muslims were attacked stateside by muricans?

Watch the movie. You'll share my sentiment. What caused Kyle to enlist? Watching the planes fly into the wtc.

this is true! I remember sitting in my barrack at Okinawa when 9/11 hit, the country was all rah rah we gotta get these terrorist! 

manipulated? i dont know anyone that signed up for the military expecting not going to war, especially during a terrorist attack ...and how is it there fault that there own boss and employer (federal govn't) decided to go to war with another country ...

You're right, but the war in Iraq, was started off false pretenses because the person in the office wanted to one up his daddy. Hence, being manipulated for a war that shouldn't have been is my point, yes they were pawns.

"thank me for my service" types? :rofl: you're funny

Yup, look through this thread and look at how many military dudes are crying because other male NTers don't want to bow down to them for their "sacrifice". I'm not against soldiers, marines, etc. but I am against propping you guys up to a higher status and calling you heroes. I don't give a damn about what you do, you're just an employee working for a paycheck just like 90% of this country. If you have a problem with that, there's something wrong with you

Last edited:
A lot of you dudes have no idea what the word propaganda means
laugh.gif

I know damn well what it means and it is visible in the movie's poster:

The movie might as well be called "'Murica, **** yeah!" or "USA! USA! USA!"

Yup, look through this thread and look at how many military dudes are crying because other male NTers don't want to bow down to them for their "sacrifice". I'm not against soldiers, marines, etc. but I am against propping you guys up to a higher status and calling you heroes. I don't give a damn about what you do, you're just an employee working for a paycheck just like 90% of this country. If you have a problem with that, there's something wrong with you

I agree with this to an extent, but I'm not going to knock anybody who has a certain belief or feel that they're truly making a difference. If you feel like it's your "duty" to protect this country, by all means, do your thing. But that whole "I'm fighting for every citizen in this country. Murica" **** is (for lack of a better word) corny. Foreigners don't look at Americas ghettos and middle class and despise them. No, that's reserved for the guys with all the money and power who feel like they can go into other countries and tell them how to live or who to protect them from.

Like Muhammad Ali said "No Vietcong ever called me ******."

You clearly do not read and if so you sure as hell can't comprehend. Not one of us here have asked for praise or demanded respect, you must feel some type of way to the point you you had to pop out the woodwork's and leave some ignorant comment. Nobody here who has served got defensive until the disrespect came. Don't like what we do? Totally fine, I probably wouldn't like your sitting in an office entering data or packing boxes in a warehouse job but you don't see me coming at you for that. Calling us cowards or saying we chose this path because we had nothing else going on in our lives is not fine. You clearly don't know what it takes to become a member of the special operations community.

Not sure if I should laugh or have you shine my M4
Judging by your replies in this and other threads, you suffer from a complex. 

It's ok that some one of US don't agree with you, bro.

It's ok that we're not all as patriotic as you, bro.

It's gonna be ok.

You're right, but the war in Iraq, was started off false pretenses because the person in the office wanted to one up his daddy. Hence, being manipulated for a war that shouldn't have been is my point, yes they were pawns.

Lol.so it there fault that there boss screw them over....not sure if u remember but after 9/11 enlistment for the military skyrocketed.... It was so much that they started having stricter restrictions for enlistment....and Mr. Bush decided to go hunt for WMD 2 year after 9/11 ....so the people who re-enlisted and enlisted during 9/11 were still under contract, and just like all civilian didn't have any idea the Big Wig from DC wanted to go to war with Iraq....sooo now we going from rah rah hero to pawns

Last edited:
Lol.so it there fault that there boss screw them over....not sure if u remember but after 9/11 enlistment for the military skyrocketed.... It was so much that they started having stricter restrictions for enlistment....and Mr. Bush decided to go hunt for WMD 2 year after 9/11 ....so the people who re-enlisted and enlisted during 9/11 were still under contract, and just like all civilian didn't have any idea the Big Wig from DC wanted to go to war with Iraq....sooo now we going from rah rah hero to pawns

Not that I agree or disagree with him, but in the context in which he's using the term, he's right.

The pawn (♙♟) is the most numerous piece in the game of chess, and in most circumstances, also the weakest. It historically represents infantry, or more particularly, armed peasants or pikemen.

I'm Canadian so Im obviously disinclined to like any sort of American patriot propaganda.

BUT

after watching it I think critics and many people in the "liberal media" (I hate using that term) have completely misrepresented the films intentions and political ideology.

The film does plenty of questioning of the main characters motives and the war itself, he isn't made into this magical morally unimpeachable American hero, his wife questions his motives for going to war, doesn't believe it's truly all about protecting his family. Other troop members question the war itself, the mother of a dead navy seal question the point of the war and America's reason for being there. His arrogance in attempting to kill mustapha from 2000 yards has calamitous consequences.

Does it have some cringe worthy moments? Sure as do all Clint Eastwood films. specifically the "wolf, sheep, and sheepdog speech". but people need to relax about this American propaganda nonesesne, I feel like most of the criticism stems from Clint Eastwood's image as a conservative republican.

American Sniper is a better than average war film that touches on the same tropes that most war films traverse.

Judging by most of these responses, I'm thankful most NTers don't serve in the Armed Forces.

I'd hate to have a bunch of ungrateful sneakerheads fighting for me in the land of the sand.

I'm Canadian so Im obviously disinclined to like any sort of American patriot propaganda.

BUT

after watching it I think critics and many people in the "liberal media" (I hate using that term) have completely misrepresented the films intentions and political ideology.

The film does plenty of questioning of the main characters motives and the war itself, he isn't made into this magical morally unimpeachable American hero, his wife questions his motives for going to war, doesn't believe it's truly all about protecting his family. Other troop members question the war itself, the mother of a dead navy seal question the point of the war and America's reason for being there. His arrogance in attempting to kill mustapha from 2000 yards has calamitous consequences.

Does it have some cringe worthy moments? Sure as do all Clint Eastwood films. specifically the "wolf, sheep, and sheepdog speech". but people need to relax about this American propaganda nonesesne, I feel like most of the criticism stems from Clint Eastwood's image as a conservative republican.

American Sniper is a better than average war film that touches on the same tropes that most war films traverse.
No point in reading after that
Judging by most of these responses, I'm thankful most NTers don't serve in the Armed Forces.

I'd hate to have a bunch of ungrateful sneakerheads fighting for me in the land of the sand.
Judging by this response, I'm amazed you were able to figure out how to post this non-sense.

Shut the hell up

Go save a homeless vet who served in the "land of sand" ****

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom