American Sniper

People talk all this crap, but still fighting their struggles in this piece of **** we call America.

Man, go somewhere with that. You don't want to serve your country, it's all good. There are people that will do that for you. I'm sure in the Revolutionary war there were many with your mentally and those that weren't made this **** of America happen.

Stand for something or die for nothing.

Live free or die trying ...

It's easy to talk behind a desk and point finger but you sent doing anything about it.

Jokes on u.

And this "American Revolution" rhetoric is such ********.

Your American Revolution was an economically-minded conflict instigated by the rich, landowning, slaveholding white male elite of the colonies because the taxation of the Empire was hurting their pockets. This elite used the media of the day (Common Sense, etc) in order to galvanize colonists into believing that they were fighting an evil empire.

Ironically, the British Empire abolished slavery long before we did.

White people see heroes when they look at money, we see baseball cards with slaveowners on them. To paraphrase Dave Chappelle

Last edited:
good movie

**** the goverment
mean.gif

Saw this movie last night. I already have my biases regarding the Iraq War, and I went in that theater fully expecting a procession of crying white chicks when it was over. I was not disappointed. Movie represented the pinnacle of the toxic MURRICA MURRICA mindset that seems to exist here

Movie was well made but I really don't understand this culture of glorifying violence and warmaking meant to serve elite interests and then rebranding it as heroism and using buzzwords like "bad guys" and "values"

Serve elite interest?

:lol:

America's military makes the world go round bottom line IMO

Just look at Russia currently, they invaded Ukraine and the European countries are powerless to do anything. They all wait for the US to step in.

Then look at our economy, you all think without a strong US military our economy would remain stable? Just look at the US 7th Navy Fleet... not one country can defeat us with those ships down in East Asia. Without the Seventh fleet to keep the peace... Wars between China and Japan, North vs South Korea... and those wars would collapse the financial markets which in turn would do what to our country?

As long as human beings are on this planet, they will fight over territory, religion, or whatever. Personally I am glad I live in the US and guarded by this American military. Thank you for all those that serve.

Last edited:
Some of the military related posts in here are lame as hell.

Its one thing to not agree with some of the wars this country has been in, but it takes some type of balls to sign up and enlist, regardless of what the motive may be for enlisting, knowing that its likely you might get shipped overseas. Yeah they chose to do it on their own free will, but its something I'll respect them for it their a stand up person.

That said, I'm not big on the, "I protect your freedom, you should pay homage to me" military cats, but I rarely encounter any of those.

It's not worth to argue with dumb little kids.

It's not like we didn't study history in school.

It's not like we didn't learn about all the world super power over the decades that only rule because of their military.

Romans
Persians
Greek
Mongolians
Etcetcetc

We are were we are because of our military. Once we deflate or military and another nation is able to test us, we are done.

But let these little kid think they know what they are talking about.

It's not worth to argue with dumb little kids.

It's not like we didn't study history in school.

It's not like we didn't learn about all the world super power over the decades that only rule because of their military.

Romans
Persians
Greek
Mongolians
Etcetcetc

We are were we are because of our military. Once we deflate or military and another nation is able to test us, we are done.

But let these little kid think they know what they are talking about.

Calls people dumb little kids

Only argument is name calling :lol:

Calls people dumb little kids

Only argument is name calling :lol:
sure ... Dismiss everything that was said .... OK got it ... We are on a board full of kids that can't have a conversation and actually think military servicemen go out seeking recognition from people they don't know. OK got it ....

back on topic

anybody think it was weak to have him phone his wife in the heat of the battle when they were being swarmed while on top of the building? pretty lame, and no way that would've happened in real life or he would've been dead. :x

Saw this movie last night. I already have my biases regarding the Iraq War, and I went in that theater fully expecting a procession of crying white chicks when it was over. I was not disappointed. Movie represented the pinnacle of the toxic MURRICA MURRICA mindset that seems to exist here

Movie was well made but I really don't understand this culture of glorifying violence and warmaking meant to serve elite interests and then rebranding it as heroism and using buzzwords like "bad guys" and "values"

I hear this a lot but I didn't think it glorified violence. Plenty of downsides were shown, dude clearly wasn't the same when he came back home.

back on topic

anybody think it was weak to have him phone his wife in the heat of the battle when they were being swarmed while on top of the building? pretty lame, and no way that would've happened in real life or he would've been dead. :x

Happens more than you think.

I hear this a lot but I didn't think it glorified violence. Plenty of downsides were shown, dude clearly wasn't the same when he came back home.

Just because the main character developed PTSD doesn't make the glorification of violence any less legitimate

The man is regarded unanimously as a hero both in the movie itself and in real life despite there being accounts of his behavior in the field being dubious at best

The thearer broke into applause when he killed the sniper

I'm not trying to downplay what the man went through as a solider nor the experiences of any vet, but I look at that movie and see a right-wing fapfest

Just because the main character developed PTSD doesn't make the glorification of violence any less legitimate

The man is regarded unanimously as a hero both in the movie itself and in real life despite there being accounts of his behavior in the field being dubious at best

The thearer broke into applause when he killed the sniper

I'm not trying to downplay what the man went through as a solider nor the experiences of any vet, but I look at that movie and see a right-wing fapfest
I guess as an american you rooting for the Russians?

Man, is a movie ... It's about war, we get it. Wtf you think is going over there or in any other country? The history books are filled of war and triumph ... They spin it the way the want ... Its out culture. ....

For the last 30 years or so, the Country once known as the United states of America has been slowly transforming into what I call "the Republic of Finance." High Finance runs this country and the institutions of state invariably bend to its will. While domestic law enforcement often times acts as Finance's Home Guard, The various branches of the US Military act as its expeditionary forces. The SEAL's and the Marines act as the van guard.

I can and do appreciate the martial prowess and personal bravery of people who fight in wars but I will not lie to myself and others and say that those who fought and killed in an elective, aggressive war, actually risked their lives for our freedoms or our national survival. If any thing, the Iraq war has made us less safe and less free.

As far as Chris Kyle is concerned, he is an example of why wars should not be undertaken so readily. In every war, on every side, there will be dangerous and psychotic people who fight and kill and who thrive with the legal immunity that war grants a person who takes lives. It would be foolish and naive to believe that the US military in the early part of the 21st century is the only wartime military that had nary a single man who simply enjoyed killing among its ranks.

Based on his own word, Chris Kyle was one of those types. We invaded Iraq to punish Saddam Hussein for threatening to trade oil in Euros. Wall Street won, Chris Kyle got to kill himself a whole bunch of "rag heads" and everyone else lost. America citizens, US tax payers, Iraqis and the vast majority of good men and women in the US military who either died or who will forever carry mutilated bodies and traumatized minds for the remainder of their lives.

∆ I can agree with some of that, but although a person loves to kill, he shouldn't? Like should he not have gone and kill the people his fellow servicemen were fighting against? I'm just trying to understand the point that you are trying to make? Is a war an both side are going to kill and some are going to enjoy it. Kyle is not the best sniper nor was he the most prolific life taker on record (look it up).

Anyways, I just don't understand your point about those people that like to kill. Did he kill innocent civilians? If that's the case then I can understand but if he enjoy killing armed and dangerous people then ... Please explain what would you have anyone do?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom