American Sniper

saw it on Saturday

really good movie, cooper did his thing

mean.gif
 at the ignorance in those tweets above. 

The one's calling sniper's cowards are the same people who've never been in combat or served in the military.

You don't have to see Chris as a hero, that's totally fine by his family and us in the special op community. But don't act like you were calling SEAL sniper's cowards when 3 pirates held an American hostage on a boat and were shot with perhaps 3 of the most difficult shot's ever recorded in any war.

The fact is there is a need for having an elite group of soldiers who are capable of rescuing our American people in risky life threatening situations under any circumstance (night,rain,snow, at sea) or delivering death to anyone causing threat to our homeland with effeciancy while going undetected. Call the politicians coward's for sending us there, not these silent professionals.

thought this movie was awful, at times it didn't seem like it was a serious movie. Too predictable, had elements of a bad 80's action movie.

The fact is there is a need for having an elite group of soldiers who are capable of rescuing our American people in risky life threatening situations under any circumstance (night,rain,snow, at sea) or delivering death to anyone causing threat to our homeland with effeciancy while going undetected. Call the politicians coward's for sending us there, not these silent professionals.

I'm not trying to take anything away from anyone, but in what way was Chris Kyle a "silent professional?" Was it the extensive talk show circuit, him perpetuating his own 'legend,' or his downright lying?

Last edited:
I didn't see this as a pro war film with the way PTSD was shown to affect Chris.

There was also plenty of harm, emotional and physical, shown that affected individuals and families.

Last edited:
Chris was a ******* liar...when ya wife gotta settle a 2 million dollar lawsuit after your death then you know you ain't ****

a supposed bar fight

What did he lie about?
Dude lied and said he knocked out jesse ventura in a bar in his book.

He bragged about killing poor destitute Americans. He lost the case because he had a history of lying and malicious intent was proved

"Chris told many people, and some reporters, that just after his return from Iraq in 2009, he was carjacked by two men at a gas station on a remote Texas highway. Chris asked the men if he could reach into his truck to get his keys, and as he did he pulled a pistol from his waistband and shot both men in the chest from under his armpit. The two men were killed instantly. Chris called the police and waited for them while leaning against his truck. The police came, Chris handed them a phone number to call at the Pentagon. The cops called the number, and the people at the Pentagon told the cops that Chris Kyle was a war hero and a Navy SEAL. The police also went inside and watched the gas station surveillance video of the incident. The cops then let Chris go on his way. Chris claimed he got emails from cops all across the country after the incident thanking him for "keeping the streets clean". Great story. Except none of it is true. Not a word."

Yeah, this sounds like another SEAL who lied about getting carjacked. Christopher Heben did the exact same thing. He lied about getting carjacked and shot by 3 black males.
He was a habitual liar

Here is the thing people seem to be missing. It is IRRELEVANT if he actually fired on looters. What matters is that he said it. He ******* SAID IT. Stop justifying the actions of this guy. He was trash. Just an ******* that loved killing, said he loved killing and bragged about it so much that he even said he killed Americans during Katrina.

Only when you are a white guy in America can they twist all that into making you a hero.

Nothing was ever confirm, I wouldnt be suprised if he actually didnt get all those kills..

Last edited:
a supposed bar fight

and killing two supposed carjackers..and killing 30 looters during Hurricane Katrina. In fact, not only were those stories lies, but his wife also fought to keep those two stories out of the court case involving Jesse Ventura.

i had heard about that jessie ventura incident and how his wife was still appealing it ( iirc) but didnt know about that carjacking and katrina stories 

To be fair, the movie did a great job at making him very unlikeable, he was just a jarhead, obsessed with war and revenge even more so than staying alive and taking care of his kids. I'll say this like I've told everyone else, this is the type of film directed towards men whom have served and army wives that can relate, the average American won't appreciate it the same way...he might have been a hero, but to me he was just obsessed with killing and revenge and used the idea of "protecting" to mask his true intentions

MY moms got the bootleg from her coworker so i saw it over the weekend... it was actually a good copy and felt like i was in the movies.... but the movie itself didnt live up to the hype and had its moments where it just dragged...i did like the movie but i thought it would be better... and the end part is just messed up :smh:

Last edited:
So a few doezens of special operational soldiers write books about their time and now the rest are not "silent proffesionas" ?

How about the other 20,000 plus that have served in elite units?

You sound foolish.

Oh and there goes steezy calling a Seal a Marine Corp acronym after asking for a spoiler on real life events.

I thought it was more than just revenge. He felt out of place when he got back home and he felt guilty. He couldn't go back to living an ordinary life when his brothers were at war.

Cooper did a great job but the more i think about this movie the less I like it

Last edited:
"or what it is then you aren't looking hard enough"

I ain't trying to look for stuff
I'm just trying to watch a movie.

I thought it was more than just revenge. He felt out of place when he got back home and he felt guilty. He couldn't go back to living an ordinary life when his brothers were at war.

Cooper did a great job but the more i think about this movie the less I like it

It was I am confused why no one gets that dude did not care about the sniper till he killed his friend. He tells the psych that he basically feels like he needs to return to protect his brothers aka the other soldiers he watches over.

Last edited:
To be fair, the movie did a great job at making him very unlikeable, he was just a jarhead, obsessed with war and revenge even more so than staying alive and taking care of his kids. I'll say this like I've told everyone else, this is the type of film directed towards men whom have served and army wives that can relate, the average American won't appreciate it the same way...he might have been a hero, but to me he was just obsessed with killing and revenge and used the idea of "protecting" to mask his true intentions

this a good viewpoint. never thought of it that way, but it makes sense. and, to your point, i wouldn't be surprised if a lot of these vets come back to be police officers/storm troopers. i feel a lot of people in law enforcement use the job to exercise power over people, and fire off a gun then and now, under the protect and serve premise.

repped.

Back
Top Bottom