Any Muslims here?

How does it attempt to do so, when it states that worship is reserved for the true God?

Jesus said these words:

[sup]3 [/sup]
And this is eternal life, 
that they know you 
the only 
true God, and 
Jesus Christ whom you have sent.

Jesus said to her, “Do not cling to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to my brothers and say to them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’”

Modern Christians have tried to Deify christ when he made no claims to Godship. He made claims as to being a son, a prophet, and future king.

Modern day christians can't even explain how the trinity is equal to God, they merely throw it in as an afterthought to balance the trinity.

http://www.amazon.com/When-Jesus-Became-God-Christianity/dp/0156013150
ir
So you dont believe Jesus is God?
Jesus nor any of his disciples made such a claim. Jesus 'being'God was a politically motivated manufacture that was made to keep the Roman empire stable. 

The scriptures do state that Jesus was sent forth by the Father, and was bestowed with the power to perform miracles...the power which he attributed to the father and not himself.

So you dont believe Jesus is God?
I don't know if your asking me but I'll answer your question.   I believe he is the son of God and he was born through a virgin.   I believe Jesus rose from the dead after he was crucified for our sins and that if you believe in him you will be forgiven of your sins and have eternal life.  different Christian denominations have different views based on I believe this texts Isaiah 7:14 the Bible gives a prophecy of the name of Jesus. It says, "Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign: Behold, a virgin will be with child and bear a son, and she will call His name Immanuel. Immanuel (or Emmanuel or Imanu'el, Hebrew עִמָּנוּאֵל meaning "God is with us")    So to say is Jesus a regular human I say no because he was born as the son of God through a virgin but he is not God he is the Son of God.   John 3:16 "For God so loved the world he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 

Last edited:
Jesus nor any of his disciples made such a claim. Jesus 'being'God was a politically motivated manufacture that was made to keep the Roman empire stable. 

The scriptures do state that Jesus was sent forth by the Father, and was bestowed with the power to perform miracles...the power which he attributed to the father and not himself.

I agree with this, but what exactly is keeping you from accepting Islam then? This is the belief that Muslims have.

I agree with this, but what exactly is keeping you from accepting Islam then? This is the belief that Muslims have.
its funny because all 3 religions are a lot alike.   Just minor differences here and there and that's why I don't understand why there is so much violence towards each other.

If Islam is the same thing that Jesus taught then I have no problem accepting it. I feel that the Quran encourages its readers to look to the Injil and the Torah but modern day muslims say that those books are corrupted and should not be taken seriously. The Injil has a pursuasive message with a ring of truth. If I followed modern day Islam I would be playing false to what is in the Injil.

its funny because all 3 religions are a lot alike.   Just minor differences here and there and that's why I don't understand why there is so much violence towards each other.
Islam and the Catholic church, and also Judaism to a degree, have always been concerned with creating an earthly theocratic government. Their main objectives have been to convert (by any means necessary) the people and thus have an earth under Gods control. This led to the crusades, Islamic conquests, Zionist movement...if you are all trying to control the world you obviously can't coexist. 

Islam and the Catholic church, and also Judaism to a degree, have always been concerned with creating an earthly theocratic government. Their main objectives have been to convert (by any means necessary) the people and thus have an earth under Gods control. This led to the crusades, Islamic conquests, Zionist movement...if you are all trying to control the world you obviously can't coexist. 
It's corruption in the world that has turned all of Gods people against each other.   Its the work of the devil.

I have been losing faith lately so troyd can u tell ne why u gained faith?
Ive been going completely off right path and noticed it affects all aspects of my life

Malcolm x. Read the book and talked about him in class plus during that time I was religion searching so it just fit together

Thanks bruh. Ill do that

Some guy last year converted at my local mosque it was such a poweful ceremony

Last edited:
If Islam is the same thing that Jesus taught then I have no problem accepting it. I feel that the Quran encourages its readers to look to the Injil and the Torah but modern day muslims say that those books are corrupted and should not be taken seriously. The Injil has a pursuasive message with a ring of truth. If I followed modern day Islam I would be playing false to what is in the Injil.

I dont really have any knowledge on the Injil, but the common belief is that the new testament strayed away from the original teachings of Jesus since it was composed centuries after his time. I suggest you read Surah 19 which is titled Mary.

http://www.muslimaccess.com/quraan/arabic/019.asp

I dont really have any knowledge on the Injil, but the common belief is that the new testament strayed away from the original teachings of Jesus since it was composed centuries after his time. I suggest you read Surah 19 which is titled Mary.

http://www.muslimaccess.com/quraan/arabic/019.asp
“There is none that can alter the Words (and Decrees) of God.” (Al-An‘ām [6]:34)

Āl ‘Imrān [3]:184

184. Then if they reject thee,
So were rejected apostles
Before thee, who came
With Clear Signs,
Books of dark prophecies,
And the Book of Enlightenment.

The Injil (Gospel...new testament) was orated by Jesus, but given by God. I you say that it is corrupted, then the Quran is wrong in what it says about the incorruptability of the Decrees of God, no?

“There is none that can alter the Words (and Decrees) of God.” (Al-An‘ām [6]:34)

Before thee, who came

With Clear Signs,

The Injil (Gospel...new testament) was orated by Jesus, but given by God. I you say that it is corrupted, then the Quran is wrong in what it says about the incorruptability of the Decrees of God, no?

The verse you are talking about refers to the Quran itself. God says in the Quran that it will never be corrupted or altered from it's original state, where as his previous messages in the Bible have been changed by man. 1400 years later, the Quran remains in its original form. A group of people in the 1990's tried to recreate the Quran and title it "The True Furqan" but their attempts failed miserably and it ended up being prohibited in many countries.

If you look in the Old Testament, there are prophecies that the Bible will become corrupted:

Moses says: "For I know that after my death you are sure to become utterly corrupt and to turn from the way I have commanded you. In days to come, disaster will fall on you because you will do evil in the sight of the Lord and arouse his anger by what your hands have made." Deuteronomy 31:29

"How can you say, 'We [the Jews] are wise, for we have the law of the LORD,' when actually the lying pen of the scribes has handled it falsely?" Jerimiah 8:8

Before thee, who came

With Clear Signs,

The verse you are talking about refers to the Quran itself. God says in the Quran that it will never be corrupted or altered from it's original state, where as his previous messages in the Bible have been changed by man. 1400 years later, the Quran remains in its original form. A group of people in the 1990's tried to recreate the Quran and title it "The True Furqan" but their attempts failed miserably and it ended up being prohibited in many countries.

If you look in the Old Testament, there are prophecies that the Bible will become corrupted:

Moses says: "For I know that after my death you are sure to become utterly corrupt and to turn from the way I have commanded you. In days to come, disaster will fall on you because you will do evil in the sight of the Lord and arouse his anger by what your hands have made." Deuteronomy 31:29

"How can you say, 'We [the Jews] are wise, for we have the law of the LORD,' when actually the lying pen of the scribes has handled it falsely?" Jerimiah 8:8
The Quran refers to the Torah and the Injil as being the 'Book of Enlightenment'. It does so because it states that those books are the word of God, this is what is stated and implied in the Quran.

If the Torah and the Injil are the word of God how can they be corrupted, how can the written words provided by God not be verified as true? Just because groups of men fall from the path does that make the words provided by Allah invalid? Can mortal man really hide the truth that was given by Allah to his prophets?

The Quran tells it's reader to look to the Injil and the Torah. If the those books are corrupt why would Allah instruct Muhammad to write those words?It would be a lie and misleading then...it would mean that the Quran itself has been corrupted, if it is telling us to look to a corrupt book. This after 400+ years since the last Gospel writer penned one of the books of the Injil.

So the question arises when was it corrupted, obviously not at the time when Muhammad recieved his revelation. And if we are to believe in the infalibillity and uncorruptability of  God's word...it is more than possible that the Torah and Injil we have today is free from corruption.

Hey guys, I just wanted to add that reading your responses is really interesting. 

what are your thoughts?
It's difficult for me to comment because I really haven't invested a lot of time into studying these texts. It's really difficult to discuss them if you don't understand the context or the fact that they were written in different languages. I'd really like to learn a lot more though. I just find it interesting reading the opinions of someone that obviously knows a lot more than me. I really only know the Evangelical beliefs about the Bible.

Back
Top Bottom