Anyone ever file a damage claim with FedEx?

Ok, so I sold a like new pristine Panasonic viera 42" plasma 3D HDTV. I sent it with everything except the original box. I purchased a new "large mirror box" from uhaul which fit the tv perfect, and in the comments someone mentioned they shipped a 48" plasma. I packed the box with newspapers on each side, and did 3 laps around the tv with bubble wrap and sealed it up. The package was insured for $1,000.

Now the shipment was sent fed ex ground with one day shipping yesterday, to a destination roughly 5 hours from my house.

Today I get a message from the buyer that "the tv doesn't work, and it looked like someone keyed the hell out of it." I"m shocked as it was such a short trip and packed well. He then tells me "the screen is shattered, and it makes a strange sound when plugged in". The box was wet on the bottom right corner and looked like someone had been playing catch for 3-5 years."

I haven't received any pictures of it yet, but filed a claim with FedEx. While I have the receipt of the new box and shipping products, I didn't take pictures of the packed tv before sending it.

In my claim I'm asking msrp since I'm sure there going to try and low ball me and I will hopefully break even. But, doing some google searches it seems like almost everyone gets denied because FedEx doesn't offer insurance. It takes declared claims of value.

Anyone have any experience in these kinds of instances?

cliff notes:

I sold tv
buyer claims it came beat to hell
I filed a claim
Will I get paid?

Forgot about that part. Yes, I insured it for $1,000. And had delivery signature confirmation.

Back
Top Bottom