Anyone have COMCAST for home internet? vol. bye AT&T

Thinking of switching from ATT to Comcast for my home internet services, anyone here use COMCAST?

Any feedback?

or should I just continue to use AT&T

I've been using U-Verse for about two years now and I have no complaints. 

I made the same switch about a year ago and haven't looked back. AT&T would literally cut off about 30 times a day. They'd send a technician out to do some tests and then they'd say it was fixed. A couple hours later, the problem started right back up again.

After costing so many Ls on 2k, I called Comcast and made the switch. I like it so far and have zero complaints. I pay for 15 Mbps and get around 25.

Yea with AT&T I pay like 39.99 for the 15mbp plan.

But with Comcast, can get 50mbp for same price.
Just didn't want to make the switch if it was going to be unreliable.

AT&T , I have no complaints about their internet, pretty good and consistent. Maybe lag once every few months for a day or so, but that's nothing. But if I can get triple the mbp for the same price... why not

Not comcast but i switched from uverse to charter cable internet and it's been much better. Cheaper and i consistently get 40mbps with charter compared to the 12mbps i got with uverse.

Yea with AT&T I pay like 39.99 for the 15mbp plan.

But with Comcast, can get 50mbp for same price.
Just didn't want to make the switch if it was going to be unreliable.

AT&T , I have no complaints about their internet, pretty good and consistent. Maybe lag once every few months for a day or so, but that's nothing. But if I can get triple the mbp for the same price... why not

Make sure you buy you're own modem and router. They'll pay for themselves in the long run. Comcast will try to set you up with their crappy gateway modem/router, but just tell them nah.

Pick up the Motorola surfboard sb6141 or the sb6121. Either one will perform great. Link them with whatever router you please.

Had Comcast no complaints. With ATT now no issues.

Only negative is Comcast can be funny with your billing at times.

I got comcast 50 mbp + cable with sports package and hbo free for a year in 3 rooms for 106$ per month after taxes

I have comcast at the parent's crib right now and I have no complaints at all, always fast and reliable. I'm moving out in a month and decided to diversify my bonds- comcast for internet and uverse for cable. As everyone else said comcast is much faster for about the same price and I wouldn't be saving much by bundling.

I got comcast and Its cool. It has only gone out once in three years. One thing me and my girl do is when you sign up they give you that sign up deal where its cheap and you get some free channels and upgrades. After that year is up your bill will double. So me and my girl always cancel and sign up in the other persons name.

I left Uverse for Clear and Clear for Comcast. Uverse sucked, WIFI never worked and At&T would claim it was my old laptop. Dropped them and got clear and low and behold wifi worked. Clear was cool until everyone signed up and they started to throttle my service. It took me 24 hours to upload videos to youtube. Got with Comcast and its been gravy.

Last edited:
I had comcast. WORST INTERNET EVER. DO NOT BUY

The speed was on point. They just had so many problems with outages, it got to the point where I had enough. Only had them for a year. That year was TOO long.
Switched to AT&T and have no issues.

Plus comcast's customer service is BY FAR the worst customer service in any company I've seen. Its truly embarrassing.

But if I can get a discount on Comcast through Tide619, I'd be happy no matter what happens! 

For anyone that has that blast 50mbps internet, make sure you have a Docsis 3.0 modem AND an AC Router.

I didn't know about the AC Router until a few weeks ago. Bought one at Best Buy and it's :smokin

View media item 592084

I got comcast, cable and internet, never have any problems, but when I do their customer service is terrible. And forget about going to one of their locations for help always a 3 hour wait.

Never any problems with comcast, I'd recommend it.

If you in NorCal theres a guy that can plug it.

For anyone that has that blast 50mbps internet, make sure you have a Docsis 3.0 modem AND an AC Router.

I didn't know about the AC Router until a few weeks ago. Bought one at Best Buy and it's :smokin

View media item 592084

What router are you using? I ordered the Asus RT-AC66U earlier today, but I'm kinda worried because I keep hearing they don't last long.

Back
Top Bottom