Apparantly, Brewers owner is upset and thinks there needs to be a Salaray Cap.

HarlemToTheBronx:
23ska909red02:
allen3xis:
Same people on here saying others are crying were the first people to blame a loss on bugs
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

And why are you acting like no Yankees fan... no Yankees fan on NT... was salty, mad, and whining over the bugs?
laugh.gif
Why are you even trying to insult our memories like that? Heck yeah some of your Yankee faithful were whining over bugs.

Yeah, I whined about the buigs too, because they obviously effected Joba negatively. When an outside factor hurts us, it bothers me. Especially in the playoffs when Andy pitched a gem.

But I don't blame that loss on the bugs. We should have scored more than 1 run.

I highly doubt that if your guy was pitching great, then once he was swarmed by bugs he threw wild pitches all overe the place, it wouldn't bother you at all. So please spare me.

Man, I swore I'd never get into this debate again.
laugh.gif

I would be bothered, but not too bad... because I'd know #1. it's natural, #2. my pitcher is dealing with the same bugs.

Fairness would be my major qualm; whether or not things were fair to both sides. The bugs aren't magically disappearing when the Red Sox are pitching, butthey're eating my pitcher alive? I'd be pissed, because someone had enough time on their hands to train bugs, and because the situation was not fair.

And no, not all situations have the possibility of being fair, and not all situations are fair. But that one was, so I would have been 'bugged', butnothing worth raising a fuss over.

salary cap also entails a salary floor...not sure how that will be received by owners.

Originally Posted by dakid23

^^^^^ I really dont like the A's (its an AL West team) but i always feel sorry for you guys when good players leave you
tired.gif

If they actually had fans who went to the games, I would feel bad for them. But they dont. In 2000, 2002, 2003 I went to around 6 of their playoff games (notbecause I am an A's fan, but because I love baseball). Each time I bought the tickets at the ticket office no more than 30 minutes before the start of thegames, and all but 1 time, I sat in the lower level. That is RIDICULOUS to be able to buy playoff tickets the day of the game, and sit in the lower level.

This is just a small example as to why I dont feel that there should be a salary cap. The Yankees make a TON of money, so why shouldnt they spend a ton ofmoney? The A's dont make a lot of money, so they cant spend a lot of money.

Oh yeah...and from an OUTSIDE PERSPECTIVE, there is no way in hell that the "bugs game" should not have been called or suspended. I dont want this toturn into that debate, but thats honestly how i feel.

i seriously dont get it.....the yanks got money to spend and get whoever they want...

if u wealthy or sumthin, u gonna settle for a honda accord and not spend on a bentley?

stop being so damn salty about it....

they can spend, red sox can spend, mets can spend..

yanks will do anything to get another ring, maybe other owners n gms should take notes

Other owners and GMs do take notes... then they go back to their paltry checking accounts and take note that their zeros are a few less than the Yankees.

A salary cap would remedy that.

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

i seriously dont get it.....the yanks got money to spend and get whoever they want...

if u wealthy or sumthin, u gonna settle for a honda accord and not spend on a bentley?

yanks will do anything to get another ring, maybe other owners n gms should take notes
Actually yes i would settle for a honda... Less expensive, less maintenance, good gas mileage, cheap parts!

If you want a salary cap, fine, but there should also be a salary cap floor and no way in hell should there then be revenue sharing.

Then the debate becomes what would the salary cap number be at? The nba cap this year is at 58.68 million, so since MLB has twice the number of games and 12more players at a given time on a roster than basketball teams, shouldn't the cap number be in the low 100 million range? And with a salary floor teamsshould be within 40 million of each other, meaning the florida Marlins damn well better have a payroll of atleast 60 million.

I hear you ska, but when my team loses such a big game I want it to be solely because one team was better. There shouldn't be an inkling of "mypitcher was better at dealing with bugs all over his face/neck/arms".

What part of the game is that?
laugh.gif

All I'm saying is when a game of baseball is being played, no other living things but the players, coaches, umpires should have a hand in determining theoutcome.

Stuff happens, though. So I can't blame the loss on it. I can be peeved that an outside factor may have had some impact.

We can agree to disagree, I guess. Although I think we're kinda on the same wave length (is "wave length" the correct spelling?).

See... man, that's just...
ohwell.gif

That's not even right.

And I say all this knowing full well that the Angels payroll in the last few years has been up there; we're slowly emerging into a 'limitlessspending' type of team, and I don't like it.

I hope the Yankees orginization goes bankrupt with this new stadium and all this spending on players.

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Originally Posted by Kn0wledgeable

eyes.gif

hankdad.jpg

"HE CANT BE SERIOUS"

ok i see you with that and i raise you this

trophy_2.jpg

WE RUN THIS

AND BTW YES WE DO GOT SWAGGER. GET FAMILIAR WITH OUR PINSTRIPES

Typical lame response from a Yankees fan. It's obvious you completely missed the point of my response. Keep spending money like it's going out of style and get used to other teams hoisting up the trophy in October while you're at home salty.

na i got your point. but it is what it is. do i think that baseball needs a salary cap? yea..i'll tell you straight up, HELL YES. but if the yankees arethe team i root for, they got the money...and use it on players to make the team better and become closer to bringing the chip home, am i going to say... stopspending? no. and as a fan you would say the same if your team was doing it. you cant knock the hustle

every team has their own way of building up a championship team. the only team i see doing it without signing big name people and internally are the rays andmarlins. i would have mentioned the angels, but they went off and got torii hunter last season. everyone spending money. all im saying is dont be mad we beatyour team to the punch by signing who you were targeting.

and yea of course i have to bring up the 26 championships. its a reminder to you guys that we been doing this for how long? umm yea exactly. there's no oneeven close to matching the 26 championships so we are obviously not the team doing things the wrong way

Originally Posted by CurtisCarter23

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

Actually yes i would settle for a honda... Less expensive, less maintenance, good gas mileage, cheap parts!
riiiiiiiiiigggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think the 26 championships shows a generational success. You want a salary cap? Fine, they'll figure out a way to succeed anyway.

And 5 points to anyone who challenges my earlier statement.

I can only imagine how much money the Yankees would keep in their pocket if their was a cap.

We would probably start making players in a lab.

roll.gif

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

eyes.gif

hankdad.jpg

"HE CANT BE SERIOUS"

ok i see you with that and i raise you this

trophy_2.jpg

WE RUN THIS

AND BTW YES WE DO GOT SWAGGER. GET FAMILIAR WITH OUR PINSTRIPES

Typical lame response from a Yankees fan. It's obvious you completely missed the point of my response. Keep spending money like it's going out of style and get used to other teams hoisting up the trophy in October while you're at home salty.

na i got your point. but it is what it is. do i think that baseball needs a salary cap? yea..i'll tell you straight up, HELL YES. but if the yankees are the team i root for, they got the money...and use it on players to make the team better and become closer to bringing the chip home, am i going to say... stop spending? no. and as a fan you would say the same if your team was doing it. you cant knock the hustle

every team has their own way of building up a championship team. the only team i see doing it without signing big name people and internally are the rays and marlins. i would have mentioned the angels, but they went off and got torii hunter last season. everyone spending money. all im saying is dont be mad we beat your team to the punch by signing who you were targeting.

and yea of course i have to bring up the 26 championships. its a reminder to you guys that we been doing this for how long? umm yea exactly. there's no one even close to matching the 26 championships so we are obviously not the team doing things the wrong way
If you are truly a Yankee faithful and know your Yankee history, you would know that those 26 championships were mostly won with home growntalent. With the exception of Babe Ruth, Reggie Jackson and Roger Clemens, the teams championships have always been won with in house talent. It wasn'tdone by splurging every single off season, which is the only thing the Steinbrenner's know how to do. The 96 team was simply amazing (it still baffles methat team came under George's watch), along with the 98 team. 99-00 were impressive and though they won the World Series titles those years and made it tothe 01 Fall Classic, maintenance in house wasn't being kept up well enough to propel them into the new century. Their farm system is completely depletedand as a testemant to that, other teams will continue to win the World Series. Don't get it twisted, I don't hate the Yankees. I simply hate 90% ofYankees fans who walk around with that arrogant sense of entiltement.

Some salty people in here man.

I'm a Mets fan but God bless the Steinbrenners. I've always loved the way that dude (George) did business. He sees, he wants, he gets.

As a player and as a fan, you can't ask for anything more than that.... An owner who actually CARES about the product and about WINNING.

The Wilpons (Mets) annoy me because they have the money yet they are almost always reluctant to pony up when it comes to getting the big names.

Personally, I'm completely against a salary cap. It's been proven that buying chips does NOT work. So I don't see why everyone is whining. Worryabout your own squads and what your owner is (or is NOT) doing to make/keep your team competitive.

Originally Posted by SHUGES

It's been proven that buying chips does NOT work.

true. but buying players does give fans hope. all the bottom feeding, small market teams go into each new season, knowing they have no shot.

[h1]Teixeira Had Higher Offer From Nationals[/h1]
By Ben Jones [December 25 at 10:38am CST]

Roch Kubatko of MASNSports.com is reporting that the Washington Nationals offered about $5MM more to first baseman Mark Teixeira than the New York Yankees did, even though Teixeira struck a deal with the Yankees on Tuesday.

Kubatko adds that the Nationals would have gone even higher, but they were never given a chance to compete with the Yankees' offer. He guesses that it wasn't all about the money after all.

Kubatko also writes that the Baltimore Orioles are still looking to add another bat to the lineup, possibly a first baseman, outfielder or designated hitter.

Hmm.
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

Originally Posted by SHUGES

It's been proven that buying chips does NOT work.

true. but buying players does give fans hope. all the bottom feeding, small market teams go into each new season, knowing they have no shot.

Shoot, I thought spring training brought new hope. Every spring, fans go into the new season like this:
pimp.gif

Whether your team signed a free-agent or not over the winter is usually irrelevant b/c everyone's record is 0-0.

What I'm trying to say is that I doubt Blue Jay or Oriole fans think they have "no shot" this year. Sure, they may not win the division. But thewildKYcard* is always there.

The Yankees are odds-on favorites. But they are still not the guaranteed champions.

Back
Top Bottom