Arian Foster Let It Be Known That He Is A Non-Believer

Theory = I just made some **** up.

Same thing people say about religion.

Nobody knows so neither side should point and laugh at the other for their beliefs.

Once again, a scientific theory is entirety different from a layman's theory.

And the two sides are NOT the same. One side says they don't know while the other side says God is responsible.

Difference is you have thousands of smart people everyday trying to figure it out. looking forward to being proved wrong so they can get down to the truth

While you have others who believe the universe was made in 7 days and somebody was around to record it step by step

Exactly. I mean God was so mad he threatened to drown everyone and some dude somehow gathered two of each animal in a five mile radius (polar bears and kangaroos) and fit them on a boat to escape God's wrath.

Just listen to that ****. It's the most ludicrous thing ever. And that's just the start of illogical fables in the Bible.
Thats not accurate. Only jumping in for biblical the accuracy, not to address your actual point.
(rather have these types of discussion in person. I don't like to type the thorough responses some of these posts require)

"Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee by sevens, the male and his female: and of beasts that are not clean by two, the male and his female. Of fowls also of the air by sevens, the male and the female; to keep seed alive upon the face of all the earth." - Gen 7:2-3

7 clean and 2 unclean animals ( as determined in Deuteronomy )

...carry on

Last edited:
Yea most people don't even know God told Noah to get 7 of each animals but that's just a microcosm of how Christians don't even read the Bible and something so simple in the "most important book" in a Christian's life can go overlooked

that actually sounds interesting. care to elaborate?
Nothing to explain honestly. I just think the universe has always been around. Hard to think about if we think about how WE think about what time is.
Yea most people don't even know God told Noah to get 7 of each animals but that's just a microcosm of how Christians don't even read the Bible and something so simple in the "most important book" in a Christian's life can go overlooked
Really? So how many animals were even around? Do house cats and Tigers each have their own pairings? Polars and Grizzlies? Or were Polars not around

Theory = I just made some **** up.

Same thing people say about religion.

Nobody knows so neither side should point and laugh at the other for their beliefs.

Scientific theories are supported by evidence. In the case of the big bang we can measure that the universe is spreading outward. So one would reason that reversing that would bring you to a single point. Thus the big bang. You can make up whatever theories you want but unless you have some concrete evidence to support them no one is going to take them seriously.

[quote name="Mister Friendly"]Now we get back to same circular argument. You cant prove it wasn't God

When its proved how something forms spontaneously...Goes from non-living to living get back to me[/quote]Nah. I'll get back to people who don't fill in the blanks with something that has zero proof. I'll get back to people who were wondering themselves, not wondering and hoping that their fairy tale being right is what I'm getting back to them on.

"Fairy tale? Prove it didn't happen, then."

In the absence of knowledge for some thing, it's counterproductive to interject more unproven guesses and demanding that others disprove them or put them on the same equal ground as possible because of lack of evidence.

A belief in God/creator/ intillegent design is no more of a fairy tale than thinking living organisms form spontaneously

By saying there's no God/ creator/ intillegent design, that is in essence filling in the blanks to something that is not known

Last edited:
The combination of certain gases form amino acids.

Amino acids are the building blocks of life.

I don't want there to not be a god. I don't want there to be a god. I don't care.

You do.

Major difference. You want so badly for your team to win.

I'm not on a team*, and I don't view any of this as a battle for anyone to win or lose.

*I know you think this is a team, but as I pointed out before, you are speaking on something you've heard about, not experienced. Stick to talking about Christianity.

A belief in God/creator/ intillegent design is no more of a fairy tale than thinking living organisms form spontaneously

By saying there's no God/ creator/ intillegent design, that is in essence filling in the blanks to something that is not known

I just proved to you how "spontaneous" forms of creation, actions, and death happen EVERYDAY.

The "something from nothing" argument isn't valid. "Something" is always there. In essence "nothing" does not exist.

I just proved to you how "spontaneous" forms of creation, actions, and death happen EVERYDAY.

The "something from nothing" argument isn't valid. "Something" is always there. In essence "nothing" does not exist.

All those things had a cause

Yes we all know about amino acids

We still havent proven how life forms spontaneously

That is the atheists fairy tale, the best you can say you can't prove God exists but you can't prove he doesn't exist but that hasn't been the tenor I've seen in this discussion in regards to God

Last edited:
Yes we all about know about amino acids

That is the atheists fairy tale, the best you can say you can't prove God exists but you can't prove he doesn't exist but that hasn't been the tenor I've seen in this discussion in regards to God

Do you just cover your eyes and post without reading anything anyone posted? I've literally displayed evidence of how life TODAY spontaneously exits. You could philosophically argue that ALL things occur spontaneously. Gathering and observing things TODAY is how you produce conjectures for everything in the past. If I see a forest with half of it burned down I would assume a fire happened. I didn't see the fire but given present evidence I could reason out situations. That's how the scientific method works.

I think the answer you're looking for is "I looked back when time began and here's exactly what happened....".

saying "i dont know, it might be this but i'm going to test it to see if I am right" is working towards filling the blanks with the correct answer

saying "i dont know, it was god" is not knowing anything and just throwing in a cop out answer because you are not willing to put in the work to find the right answer 

Do you just cover your eyes and post without reading anything anyone posted? I've literally displayed evidence of how life TODAY spontaneously exits. You could philosophically argue that ALL things occur spontaneously. Gathering and observing things TODAY is how you produce conjectures for everything in the past. If I see a forest with half of it burned down I would assume a fire happened. I didn't see the fire but given present evidence I could reason out situations. That's how the scientific method works.

I think the answer you're looking for is "I looked back when time began and here's exactly what happened....".

Yes I read your posts and those things aren't spontaneous.

All things those things had a cause.

Nobody knows how life begin. There's no known cause.

Yes I read your posts and those things aren't spontaneous.

All things those things had a cause.

Nobody knows how life begin. There's no known cause.
but that's what they are working to find out

"i think life begun because of cause XYZ"

this is a hypothesis, it has a high chance of being wrong

but the scientist that came up with the hypothesis will replicate XYZ in a lab and see if it creates life

if it does, that proves that under conditions XYZ life can be created from non living elements/things

if it doesnt work then back to the drawing board

no one knows for sure how life begun, so why are you sure that god caused it? 

Without entering into this argument again I think the point hes trying to say that something doesn't go from not being existent in some form at one second and then existing the next. If the first life form was a single called organism it didn't go from not existing, to having mass, occupying space and existing. I think that's the point he's trying to make.

Without entering into this argument again I think the point hes trying to say that something doesn't go from not being existent in some form at one second and then existing the next. If the first life form was a single called organism it didn't go from not existing, to having mass, occupying space and existing. I think that's the point he's trying to make.
yes, but they are currently working to recreate in lab the environments they think caused single celled organisms to come into existence "from nothing"

of course it was not from nothing, the chemicals and elements in the environment came together to form the organism but that is what they think is the process of creating life.

didnt god make eve out of dirt or something? 

And that point is 100% incorrect to begin with. NOTHING doesn't exist. Within ALL space holds SOMETHING. Thats a proven fact. So the fundamental idea that SOMETHING came from NOTHING is flawed.

people need to understand that science has not figured out all the answers (far from it)

science is a method we use to figure out all the answers

saying "you cant prove that _______ causes _____" just shows that there is more work to be done

Working on something and doing it are different things

Yes everything has cause. What caused life to form spontaneously?

Nobody has all the answers that's why it's impossible to come to a informed conclusion

That's why it's a circular topic.

Last edited:
The difference is that atheists will be accepting of a proven explanation for the origin of life.

A believer will always give God credit and deny that proof.

Back
Top Bottom