Arrested Development Thread - Season 5 OUT TODAY ON NETFLIX

Steve Holt
sick.gif

laugh.gif
That was my biggest laugh so far I think

Three episodes in, had to take a break. Some really good so far, but like others have said, to much information.

@ the monument to George Bush...
roll.gif
It will never stand..

Lindsey looks a lot better with a shorter haircut. Besides, the years were far rougher to Steve Holt :lol: I didn't even recognize him at first

This show's attention to detail is insane... the mural Michael passed by

Last edited:
Episode one was great

"have you ever been on an airplane you piece of sh"

I think it's good but it's a let down because not each character can carry a full episode. I don't have enough interest in George/Oscar or Lindsey to watch them for a full episode.

The whole thing with Gob and
"forget me nows" AKA roofies
was freaking brilliant.
roll.gif

Last edited:
Only watched the first 2 episodes, a lot of stuff to take in so far, these episodes are absolutely packed. I liked the first one focusing on Michael a lot, the 2 minutes with GOB alone were absolute gold. The 2nd episode was average, George Sr. isn't a character that can carry an episode by himself. Overall I liked what I've seen so far and can't wait to see the episodes focused on Tobias and GOB, I know those will be hilarious.

I admire their willingness to do something different with these episodes. If it was just a "Season 4" but years later, it might just be "Ok, new eps... cool", but focusing on a single character and having all the episodes occupy the same general timeframe so we get the great slow reveals that certain characters were present in the background or as a surprise... which they did really well in the original run.

It's different, it's complex, it's a lot to take in, and it's exactly why Arrested was such a brilliant show. I'm about halfway done right now and I'm very impressed.

My god.. these Ann jokes never get old...

This show never lost a beat... Amazingly entertaining stuff going on here.

:rofl: Steve Holt...? What in the hell happened to him? It hadn't been that long, right? My man went from high school to 10 years removed from retirement.

All the episodes have been great, especially the Michael episodes. Loved how they incorporated Ron Howard into the Michael episodes, didn't even realize he was the voice until I was trying to figure out whether it was the narrator or his dialogue. Tobias and Gob episodes were straight gold too. :lol:

Been said before but what happened to my boo Lindsey? :frown:

I've only seen the first three episodes but it seems like the show IS missing a beat. Something isn't quite there

One thing that stuck out is the music is underscoring everything... from what I remember it used to go underneath Ron Howard's narration and the transitions, now it goes under entire scenes of dialogue...

I was watching on PS3'S Netflix and the old s1-3 footage was watermarked with "SLIDESHOW PRO TRIAL VERISON" WTH? Maybe I logged onto a rough cut?

Also characters like Lindsey and George Sr. were never meant to carry entire episodes, and it probably didn't help placing theirs as 2 of the first 3.

Personally, I'd rather watch entire episodes on background characters rather than George Sr. & Oscar.

I'll have to see once I get through it all though

i gotta agree with everybody else. Portia is :x. like she probably didnt need the plastic surgery she got

nvm. I got up to the eps where she has short hair and shes looking alot better. Maybe the wig she was wearing was stretching her face or something

The joke is that they couldn't use the old footage from Fox and that they used the trial version of the software :lol:

Lindsey looks a lot better with a shorter haircut. Besides, the years were far rougher to Steve Holt
laugh.gif
I didn't even recognize him at first

This show's attention to detail is insane... the mural Michael passed by

nerd.gif
eek.gif
 just peeped that 

Back
Top Bottom