Arrogance of having a college degree

About to just leave NT for good this site has been ridiculous lately. Noticed you've been more absent lately...
The same dude that just slandered my post in the gunmen thread.

People always think they have the cleanest hands, hilarious.

The same dude that just slandered my post in the gunmen thread.

People always think they have the cleanest hands, hilarious.
The same dude that just said the misgeneralization of whites make his Eggos taste better...

can't be ****** to actually read any posts in this thread, just enjoying a beer after work and had to stop by and say lol

I now feel dumber for having entered and sifted through this thread......:smh:

Yep.... The ignorance in here is just astounding.....

grandpa-simpson-gif.gif

I won't date someone who has bad credit or a lot of debt over their head before a degree or not.
This is fair, on that same note I wouldnt expect anyone to do that for me. Its a give and take. I wouldnt want to burden anyone with my debt and I would hope no one does that to me.

So not dating someone with debt is fair but not dating someone without a degree isn't ? I'm sure they are great people out there with f'd up credit
laugh.gif
srs
Yes. One reeks of arrogance while the other one is a rational financial decision.

I would have no problems dating someone with debt, but COMMITTING TO THEM? No way. Making someone elses debt mine is not in my plans and on that same token I wouldnt want anyone to do that for me. If someone said that they wouldnt marry me until I'm debt free I would totally understand. Its that big of a deal. If I die then that person is stuck with XX,XXXX of debt that they did nothing to accumulate; that isnt fair. Lets not understate the importance of money again here, it makes and breaks marriages all the time.

I have the same mentality towards my own debt now being that it would fall to my parents if I was to die. Its why I have a life insurance policy. If I die, I dont want my family to be burdened with my debt.

Saying that you wont DATE someone because they dont have a degree is laughable. As if they cant speak english or wont keep up with whats deemed intelligent conversation cause they dont have a degree. That is ridiculous.

I wouldnt trip over someone who has bad credit that much, its too easy to screw up and I know that some people just get wool pulled over their eyes to come to that.

Just to clear somethin up...
I'm prty sure if you died your parents have no obligation to pay your debt. Yes they would he harassed by bill collectors, but they're not legally obligated to pay.

As for a spouse... That could be different

Last edited:
Another thread on which could have been a good argument has become another thread of about name calling and other childness.

Need a delete thread button

Yes. One reeks of arrogance while the other one is a rational financial decision.

I would have no problems dating someone with debt, but COMMITTING TO THEM? No way. Making someone elses debt mine is not in my plans and on that same token I wouldnt want anyone to do that for me. If someone said that they wouldnt marry me until I'm debt free I would totally understand. Its that big of a deal. If I die then that person is stuck with XX,XXXX of debt that they did nothing to accumulate; that isnt fair. Lets not understate the importance of money again here, it makes and breaks marriages all the time.

I have the same mentality towards my own debt now being that it would fall to my parents if I was to die. Its why I have a life insurance policy. If I die, I dont want my family to be burdened with my debt.

Saying that you wont DATE someone because they dont have a degree is laughable. As if they cant speak english or wont keep up with whats deemed intelligent conversation cause they dont have a degree. That is ridiculous.

I wouldnt trip over someone who has bad credit that much, its too easy to screw up and I know that some people just get wool pulled over their eyes to come to that.

You're confusing me because you're not using same terminology in your comparisons. Bad credit doesn't equate to debt, and not all bad credit situations are results of irrational financial decisions. I would DATE someone without a degree, would I commit to them? NO. Just how you wouldn't commit to someone with debt. These are preferences and if my preference is arrogant yours is too. Shame on you looking down on someone who doesn't have a 750 credit score :smh:

You're confusing me because you're not using same terminology in your comparisons. Bad credit doesn't equate to debt, and not all bad credit situations are results of irrational financial decisions. I would DATE someone without a degree, would I commit to them? NO. Just how you wouldn't commit to someone with debt. These are preferences and if my preference is arrogant yours is too. Shame on you looking down on someone who doesn't have a 750 credit score :smh:
extremes...

homey didnt eem say anything like that...
i work in admissions and the arrogance is startling
please tell us

Last edited:
Money cannot buy an emotion.

Money is not a down payment on anything other than houses, cars, etc...

If you go into work everyday hating your job, I don't care how much money you're making, it will wear on you mentally eventually.

Life isn't about money, its about fulfillment, and anyone who claims that their truly fulfilled by money is kidding their self.
LOL speak for yourself chief....if I'm gonna be sad at least let it be in my 20 room mansion.

I'm prty sure if you died your parents have no obligation to pay your debt. Yes they would he harassed by bill collectors, but they're not legally obligated to pay.

As for a spouse... That could be different
My parents cosigned on my Student Loans so they would have to pay. I'm actually going to increase my death benefit to the max that I get soon.

You're confusing me because you're not using same terminology in your comparisons. Bad credit doesn't equate to debt, and not all bad credit situations are results of irrational financial decisions. I would DATE someone without a degree, would I commit to them? NO. Just how you wouldn't commit to someone with debt. These are preferences and if my preference is arrogant yours is too. Shame on you looking down on someone who doesn't have a 750 credit score
mean.gif
I am sorry because I am lost. I dont think I said anything remotely close to that, I even said in the last paragraph that I wouldnt trip over someone who has a low credit score. That doesnt matter to me at all, but someone who has a lot of debt does. I am well aware of the fact that that bad credit doesnt always equate to someone being bad with their finances, again I alluded to that in the last paragraph.

If you wouldnt commit to someone who has a degree then fine, people have their own standards for their future, but I'm sure you dont carry the opinion that people who dont have agrees dont have anything in common with you like LL said. 

I dont think there is anything arrogant about what I said because I applied the same standard to myself. I wouldnt even consider getting married until I'm debt free, I refuse to be a burden on someone. No one deserves to get handcuffed to debt they did nothing to accumulated. 

Last edited:
Money cannot buy an emotion.

Money is not a down payment on anything other than houses, cars, etc...

If you go into work everyday hating your job, I don't care how much money you're making, it will wear on you mentally eventually.

Life isn't about money, its about fulfillment, and anyone who claims that their truly fulfilled by money is kidding their self.

LOL speak for yourself chief....if I'm gonna be sad at least let it be in my 20 room mansion.

Right.

It's funny to me how the only people who spew this money buys happiness nonsense, are people w/ no money.

I know homeless dudes who are happier than people making 500k+ per year.

Sad is sad, 20 room mansion or not.

PS: this thread is out of control now :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Right.

It's funny to me how the only people who spew this money buys happiness nonsense, are people w/ no money.

I know homeless dudes who are happier than people making 500k+ per year.

Sad is sad, 20 room mansion or not.

PS: this thread is out of control now
laugh.gif
Going to have to disagree with you.

Hard to find much fulfillment these days if you can't afford it.

But I will agree it's not emotionally sustaining for the long term.. After awhile you'd probably begin to just see your money for what it is; a green slip of paper.

You can be rich and still be a fool, seeking out all the wrong things thats counter-productive for your happiness and emotional fulfillment.

Give me a million dollars tomorrow.. Im saving half of it, investing a quarter, and traveling the world and settling the debts of my immediate family members with the rest.

B.S in BioChem from a top 5 public university

Come at me Brahs :pimp:

Ok I will

You dont have Graduate degree from a top 5 PRIVATE College. What now >D

Was gonna troll him with the same response :lol:

No money won't buy happiness but it will allow me to do things that make me happy - travel, major sporting events, great food etc.

Obviously if you're killing yourself at a job you hate for that money then that changes things

But triple my salary right now and I'll definitely be happier

extremes...

homey didnt eem say anything like that...
i work in admissions and the arrogance is startling
please tell us

relax, it was a joke based on people saying "shame on you for wanting someone with a degree"

I am sorry because I am lost. I dont think I said anything remotely close to that, I even said in the last paragraph that I wouldnt trip over someone who has a low credit score. That doesnt matter to me at all, but someone who has a lot of debt does. I am well aware of the fact that that bad credit doesnt always equate to someone being bad with their finances, again I alluded to that in the last paragraph.

If you wouldnt commit to someone who has a degree then fine, people have their own standards for their future, but I'm sure you dont carry the opinion that people who dont have agrees dont have anything in common with you like LL said. 

I dont think there is anything arrogant about what I said because I applied the same standard to myself. I wouldnt even consider getting married until I'm debt free, I refuse to be a burden on someone. No one deserves to get handcuffed to debt they did nothing to accumulated. 

Point is you not wanting to date someone with debt is a preference, me not wanting to date someone without a degree is a preference. If you consider a preference as arrogance than you're just as arrogant.

Its not the preference that made the statement arrogant, it was the statement he made. Dude literally said that he doesnt think people without degrees can stimulate him in conversation that is arrogant as all hell

"We are lending money we don't have to kids who cant pay it back to train them for jobs that no longer exist." - Mike Rowe

I haven't encountered the elitist college grad, but if I did I would just hit them with the fact that we have the same salary, but I am debt free.

Back
Top Bottom