Asian On Asian Racism? Have You Experienced Or Witnessed It?

Just thought about Hines Ward's story as a mixed kid, and how some Koreans disrespected him and his mom when he went to go visit South Korea one time. Once he became a Super Bowl champion, he's loved. :lol:

I've always heard some of these stories but it's cool seeing Asian members speak on it :lol:

It doesn't just apply blacks but Caucasians too.

Actually if you're just biracial in general :lol:

Last edited:
In this discussion are Filipinos pacific islander? 
laugh.gif
 i kid, kinda.

Japanese here, I've asked my Mom (US educated but grew up in Japan in the 60's) about the Koreans in Japan and she said from what she remembered about Korean classmates was that they were indeed kind of treated as second class citizens.  Kind of like how black people were treated here in the South at around the same time.

Regarding the World War II I do believe the resentment from other Asians towards Japanese is real, at least among conservative older folks... because of its isolation for such a long time, Japan had its feudal and imperial ages hundreds of years after Europe so a lot of Japanese conduct especially in warfare were barbaric by contemporary standards, particularly when paired with the advanced technology of the time.  But remember that Feudal Europe had kingdoms invading each other, carrying away the women to rape and make into wenches, killing children to sever royal bloodlines, all sorts of crazy ish.  The difference is that Japan was caught up in that in the 20th century.

Not makin excuses or anything, just pointing that out.

Last edited:
wow growing up in Toronto I've never faced anything like this but I've been told filipinos are the most hated :smh:

LOL at thinking Asians having harmony with each other

In fact, most Asian groups got beef, since ancient times.
Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and Filipinos tend to divide because of WWII and previous reparations.

Now Asian Americans, no matter what cultural background, are mostly united, barring a few differences. Privilege in the community though? Not with the old-timers. Those guys don't like Asian Americans that especially appear to be "bananas".
I though i point out that Asian-Americans were more unified despite differences though? Never said natives were.

How do white women feel about white male / asian female couples? :nerd:

Thread kinda took a turn into WM/AF / AM/WF discussion..
but I was wondering about this...

I live in Cali and sometimes I'll see white dudes pullin Asian girls who I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole. On the other side however, I'll see Asian dudes coming thru with top shelf white women. My question is.. are white people dating the Asian women that Asian men don't want and are Asian men dating white women that white males don't want?

Eh, I dunno. My ex who was Asian was top shelf, she just refused to date other Asians. Actually she wouldn't date anyone who wasn't white. Raised in England though maybe that's why.

I'm a bleeding heart liberal that believes in free love, but I irrationally & subconsciously make a disgusted face when I see a AWWM couple. It's f_ up, I know, but it just happens, probably due to subtle brainwashing from my culture. On the flipside, I send my spirit energy when I see AMWF/BF/etc., cause dude is flourishing like Goku holding up a Spirit Bomb.

Also...at family gatherings. If someone brings a white dude...I and many dudes in my family wait for dude to get his food before we approach the buffet table. We hate having to be all cordial & s_, chit-chatting BS. The atmosphere gets more uptight with white people around. I figure no ones wants to display their full jungle behavior around 'em, kinda like if your school principle went to your party. If someone brings a black or hispanic dude, we're way more relaxed.

Lol Chinese people within their own groups don't like each other.
The majority, Han Chinese, always have differences with the 55 minority groups living in China. Even the subgroups of Han beef and talk mad poop about each other.
Are you able to look at other Chinese people within these sub-groups, and immediately know they are of a different breed?

Just a side bar: My only beef is that i cant bag a asian women without here being someway americanized. Im light-skinned dominican by the way.

Continue

laugh.gif
 I got what you were saying... Just sounds... weird... if that makes sense. I dont hear it often.

I dunno how that trend started. Seems like Filipinos like to call themselves that instead of just Asian to seem cooler. I just call myself Asian.
When I was younger, a lot of them would get offended if I did call them Asian. But most don't trip. 

When I was younger, a lot of them would get offended if I did call them Asian. But most don't trip. 
The Filipinos that don't consider themselves Asian are just wannabe sellouts. I've said this many times in other threads. It's an insecurity issue propagandized by pop culture. They don't want to be associated with Asian because Asian is associated with, nerd, goofy and so forth. But they're quick to identify with Asian icons like a Bruce Lee. Same goes with East Asians that don't consider Filipnos Asians and disrespect them. But soon as Pacuiao became a global phenemonon, they're Asian now.

Ask any Filipino from the Philippines, they ain't gonna call themselves no damn Pacific islander. People want to be whatever when it suits them.

Last edited:
The Japanese,Chinese, Filipinos, & Viets all dont F with the Hmong around my way.

It exists.

Last edited:
The Japanese,Chinese, Filipinos, & Viets all dont F with the Hmong around my way.

It exists.
Yeah, my co-workers who are Laoatian explained to me the beef between Vietnamese, Hmong, and Laos...Never knew.

The Filipinos that don't consider themselves Asian are just wannabe sellouts. I've said this many times in other threads. It's an insecurity issue propagandized by pop culture. They don't want to be associated with Asian because Asian is associated with, nerd, goofy and so forth. But they're quick to identify with Asian icons like a Bruce Lee. Same goes with East Asians that don't consider Filipnos Asians and disrespect them. But soon as Pacuiao became a global phenemonon, they're Asian now.

Ask any Filipino from the Philippines, they ain't gonna call themselves no damn Pacific islander. People want to be whatever when it suits them.
All ethnicities have these insecurities, its sad...

Last edited:
Just a side bar: My only beef is that i cant bag a asian women without here being someway americanized. Im light-skinned dominican by the way.

Continue

This is the thing I don't get. I am sure a lot of guys would love to bag a certain race but sometimes certain races from men to women to harmonize right. I don't think you should have beef with Asian women because of that. I am not partial to any race but I know I would have a hard time dating a black women. For the most part, I don't even think black women find Asians attractive compared to other races and I can't hate on them for being that way. It's just a difference in race and culture and sadly some mesh better than others.

Not eem gonna lie, AWWM rustles my jimmies to the max. Ol sellout type thots *shrugs*

Also, there is beef between SE Asian immigrants, especially children of 1st generation immigrants trying to assimilate into Anerican culture.

Cambodians and Vietnamese are usually the misfits in the Asian community because they live in the ghettos and gang bang. Given their history from the old country, it makes sense.

i dont think its as simple as that.

A lot of East Asian American communities have just been here longer. Chinese and Japanese people have been emigrating to the US since the early 1900's, maybe even late 1800's. They have had 100+ years to establish their roots, assimilate, and join American society. While there were some Koreans who emigrated here in the early 1900's, most of them emigrated post Korean War (1950's) or after the 1965 Immigration Act. A lot of those who came post-1965 came on their own free will during a fairly stable time to seek out a better life here in America.

Cambodian and Vietnamese emigration was due to political strife and war. Many of the people who came to America came as refugees escaping the Khmer Rouge or Viet Cong respectively. These are people who left their country with nothing more than the clothes on their back. Its unfair to expect them to have the same rate of growth and financial prosperity as different groups who came here in a more stable situation (and also have had longer to get on track).

Breed as in type of people. Nobody is calling another human a dog man. 

i think the word you were looking for is ethnicities or different ethnic groups.

I'm pretty sure a Han Chinese can pick a Uigur Chinese out of a lineup 100 out of 100 times.

Back
Top Bottom