Asian On Asian Racism? Have You Experienced Or Witnessed It?

Your girl went to Lowell?  The only other High schools that are heavily chinese like that from what I remembered were like Galileo or Lincoln.  That's crazy I would've never known about chopsticks in the rice bowl thing either.  

Yup. She's a Lowell alumni. Never heard of that school until I met her. They have some crazy statistics there. Almost everyone there goes to a 4 year college while the slackers went off to state colleges and the ones going to a junior college were looked at as a big disappointment. She said in her graduating class, there was like 2 black guys and maybe 10 total in the school. At my school, I think 50% of my class all went to junior colleges and a the rest were a mixture of 4 year, military or just never went college. I would even say about less than half from the junior college actually finished school. I even had 3 pregnant women in my class. Talk about a difference in schools.

Anyone else from NYC? I don't think the statement about Hmong, Vietnamese, Cambodian people being treated a certain type of way by other Asians is applicable out here, I haven't seen it before but I could be wrong.

You ain't supposed to put chopsticks in your bowl of rice cause that's what they do for dead people.

Yup. She's a Lowell alumni. Never heard of that school until I met her. They have some crazy statistics there. Almost everyone there goes to a 4 year college while the slackers went off to state colleges and the ones going to a junior college were looked at as a big disappointment. She said in her graduating class, there was like 2 black guys and maybe 10 total in the school. At my school, I think 50% of my class all went to junior colleges and a the rest were a mixture of 4 year, military or just never went college. I would even say about less than half from the junior college actually finished school. I even had 3 pregnant women in my class. Talk about a difference in schools.
Yeah most of the black dudes in SF are from Sunnydale, HP, Lakeview etc. at least the ones I know you're not going to Lowell from that environment.  Yeah its extreme with me and my daughter's mom high schools too, most of my class didn't even graduate and the ones that did very few went to universities.  She went to private school at Marin Catholic so most of them went to universities.  Yeah there was def more than 3 teen moms in my class.  

^I never knew, but I refuse to eat rice with chopsticks so I never got into trouble for this :lol: I'll eat everything else with chopsticks except for rice; makes no sense to me why someone wouldn't use a spoon instead

Last edited:
Rice is so ridiculously hard to eat with chopsticks. Idk how people grab gigantic bundles of rice that way.

You're basically American, lol. I thought you were a recent immigrant or something. Why wouldn't Black girls dig you then?

I straight don't know. Its not like you can get an honest answer out of women when it comes to their crazy train of thought.

Wish I even cared. It's been 5 or 6 years since I have bothered myself with em if I am being completely honest.

Last edited:
It's not hard to eat rice with chopsticks :lol:

You can pick up the same amount as forks/spoons. If you find it difficult, you can bring the bowl to your mouth and scoop the rice in with the sticks.

i hit up the 626 from time to time to check out some food spots. most of the time im the only non asian guy in the spot but i dont mind since i know those are the authentic spots haha

and for the right amount of money i would probably marry a chick who needs those papers :lol:
I've been offered $30-40k back in 2012 or so. No sir.

Didn't know so many local cats are around. I work in the 626 but don't visit the area much aside from eating once in a while. Otherwise I'm on the west side.

I was eating rice from a bowl using chopsticks last night. I ate it like how characters in anime do it. Put the bowl to your mouth and shovel it with the chopsicks. Using a spoon is way more efficient though.

You can pick up the same amount as forks/spoons. If you find it difficult, you can bring the bowl to your mouth and scoop the rice in with the sticks.
Depends on the texture of rice too. The fine grains are a bit harder. This thread made me go get bulgogi last night. It's wild. Place is owned by two sisters. One of them loves me because I go there for years. The other gives off a cold vibe and you need to holler to get her attention if you want anything. I asked the nicer one if I did anything to her sister and she said don't worry about it, that's just how she is to everyone :lol:

Who here has had Xiaolongbao (soup dumplings)?. Crazy enough, I've only had my first last year. I had dim sum again with my girl and her friends and bit into it like this:

4520-375x500.jpg

I got so many bad looks. You're supposed to eat the whole damn thing as a whole. I took nibble and became the a-hole at the table. Haha.

I've been offered $30-40k back in 2012 or so. No sir.

Didn't know so many local cats are around. I work in the 626 but don't visit the area much aside from eating once in a while. Otherwise I'm on the west side.

damn lol i probably would've taken that offer. but it's much more of a hassle now a days.

yeah man, i always trip out when i see people here who are locals. man, i dislike going to the westside, it's a shame too because i know there are a lot of good spots to eat there. crossing the 405 is horrendous in a car. i most likely stay local in the 323/213 area. i remember once it took me almost 2 hours to get to lax :stoneface: :lol:

Who here has had Xiaolongbao (soup dumplings)?. Crazy enough, I've only had my first last year. I had dim sum again with my girl and her friends and bit into it like this:

4520-375x500.jpg

I got so many bad looks. You're supposed to eat the whole damn thing as a whole. I took nibble and became the a-hole at the table. Haha.
I nibble on it too man, its too damn hot to eat it all in one bite 
laugh.gif

No forks sticks in my rice just spoons in here

Cuz no grains ever get loose in here oooooooo

4520-375x500.jpg

I didn't know that either! Maybe that explains some of the looks I received at the restaurant lol

4520-375x500.jpg

Those are the best, especially from Yank Sing.

I eat those things the same way. Nibble then drink the soup then the remaining. They come out way too hot to eat them whole, then the last ones are cold are dried up if you wait too long.

Are white people the only people that don't give a **** about their their own "races" skin color? :nerd:

The way you're "supposed" to eat Xiao Long Bao is use the vinegar to cool it down and then eat the dumpling whole.

**** that though, I usually poke a hole in it with my chopsticks and pour all the soup out into my spoon, drink the soup, then eat the dumpling .

OG Din Tai Fung in Taipei :pimp: :pimp: LA ones are decent ..

If it's too hot, here's what you do.

Put the XLB in your vinegar/ginger/soy sauce dish and let it chill for a little. Then eat.

@Fongstarr, they're opening a DTF in Valley Fair in South Bay at the end of the year. Should try it out when it opens.

Last edited:
Anyone else from NYC? I don't think the statement about Hmong, Vietnamese, Cambodian people being treated a certain type of way by other Asians is applicable out here, I haven't seen it before but I could be wrong.
Agreed, but you can say that in general about NYC. It's probably the most accepting place; no one really judges because of all the characters there.

laugh.gif

@Fongstarr, they're opening a DTF in Valley Fair in South Bay at the end of the year. Should try it out when it opens.

I heard. I am not a stickler for soup dumplings but I am sure I'll give them a try. I went to Xiao Long Bao Kitchen in South City the other day. Really good over there too.

The way you're "supposed" to eat Xiao Long Bao is use the vinegar to cool it down and then eat the dumpling whole.

That is how you do it. Poke a hole on the top, poor the vinegar and then eat the whole thing.

Taiwanese checking in.

When I was younger I definitely felt a certain way when I saw Asian women with White male.

As I got older, I've accepted it. "Whiteness" is universally attractive. That's just how society is and we can either be mad and frustrated over something we can't change, or accept it and change things about ourselves that we can control.

The women who would only date someone because they are white are worthless and offer nothing anyway. If they are genuinely attracted to and feel a connection to a white male, there really is no reason to hate on that. I've only had 2 serious relationships. First one with a Chinese who is 3rd generation kiwi (New Zealander) and an Arab. At no point did I take into account what ethnicity they were. If this was the case for everyone that would be ideal, but unfortunately it's not. I do have personal preferences (African American always be at my top) but that only addresses physical attractiveness. 

Regarding the issue of whether we should let go of the hatred towards what Japanese have done, I will say this. The only way to progress and move forward as a species is forgiveness, acceptance and the perspective to see the good in people. Holding onto hatred only brings negativity your life. We live in the information age, people are more connected than ever. Embrace diversity fellas

Asian Culture Discussion Thread in disguise? :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

Always been torn on the AW/WM debate.

I have a lot of friends and family who married white and the white guys were very respectful of the culture.
I think that if the guy is respectful of the culture and traditions, then it doesn't really matter to me. Everyone's got a preference.
I used to get super heated though, because White Washed Asian Girls are my kryptonite.
I think it's because you always want stuff you can't have. :lol:

The only time I'm weary of AW/WM relations is when the guy is completely clueless about her culture.
I have a friend who's dating some white dude and her snapchat stories are just pictures of them with the Rice Emoji, or the Asian Guy in a Hat, or the Sushi.
And sometimes the caption would be "Mitsubishi Wasabi".

Those are the types of Asian girls who only date White Dudes I don't like.
How you gonna let someone **** on your culture and just take it with a smile?
Then again, never trust those Asian girls in white sororities, most likely they ain't eem gon look at you.

Another thing about that is pretty much that Asian dudes been emasculated by the media.
Everytime there's an Asian dude in the movies, he's either a nerd, a slimy villain, or a Fobby Buffoon.

Which is why J.Lin is such a huge thing to Asian Americans.
A regular Asian dude who grew up in the states, ballin on dudes in the NBA and he went to Harvard.
Essentially he's the regular Asian Kid's Superman. :rofl:

But hopefully there'e more diverse roles for Asians.
Glen from the Walking Dead is doing it. :smokin

Asian Culture Discussion Thread in disguise?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Always been torn on the AW/WM debate.

I have a lot of friends and family who married white and the white guys were very respectful of the culture.
I think that if the guy is respectful of the culture and traditions, then it doesn't really matter to me. Everyone's got a preference.
I used to get super heated though, because White Washed Asian Girls are my kryptonite.
I think it's because you always want stuff you can't have.
laugh.gif

The only time I'm weary of AW/WM relations is when the guy is completely clueless about her culture.
I have a friend who's dating some white dude and her snapchat stories are just pictures of them with the Rice Emoji, or the Asian Guy in a Hat, or the Sushi.
And sometimes the caption would be "Mitsubishi Wasabi".

Those are the types of Asian girls who only date White Dudes I don't like.
How you gonna let someone **** on your culture and just take it with a smile?
Then again, never trust those Asian girls in white sororities, most likely they ain't eem gon look at you.

Another thing about that is pretty much that Asian dudes been emasculated by the media.
Everytime there's an Asian dude in the movies, he's either a nerd, a slimy villain, or a Fobby Buffoon.

Which is why J.Lin is such a huge thing to Asian Americans.
A regular Asian dude who grew up in the states, ballin on dudes in the NBA and he went to Harvard.
Essentially he's the regular Asian Kid's Superman.
roll.gif

But hopefully there'e more diverse roles for Asians.
Glen from the Walking Dead is doing it.
smokin.gif
Don't forget Eddie Huang

Back
Top Bottom