Asian On Asian Racism? Have You Experienced Or Witnessed It?

A lot of what's being said in this thread is pretty different than my experience growing up (in NYC Chinatown/SoHo area). (All things said below are my personal experience and should be taken with a grain of salt).

When people are saying that when you don't speak Chinese in a Chinese restaurant you get worse service in Chinatown?? Helllllll nah. I speak fluent Chinese and if I go with a bunch of Asian people I have to flag people's ***** down for every little thing. I noticed when I started going with my non-Asian friends waiters would come up to us all the time and asked if everything was okay. People seem to just revere white people more.

A lot of Chinese people don't like to help each other out (Japanese and Koreans help each other out a lot). I feel as though Chinese people don't have that unity and prefer being the only successful one out of group and like to stunt on each other.

Asian girls thinking white dudes are gems is one of the trillest things said in this thread. When I was younger this wasn't really the case, but now I'm 23, I have all these Asian girl friends that say **** like "It's not that I would never date an Asian guy, it's just that they are never good looking". Every time an Asian person dates out of the race people are like "Oh ****tttt nice nice nice", no matter how mediocre the person looks. Like one of my friends started dating this super mediocre dad bod 24 year old dude that looks like hes 35 and she thinks hes hot as **** (they met on Tinder).

I don't know how mainland Chinese people feel about other races, but I think Chinese people that immigrated to America generally don't hate other races. Cantonese people in Chinatown do feel some type of way towards Fujianese Chinese people though because they mass immigrated to NY and started crazy price wars in Chinese areas. I think a lot of the older generation still fear Black dudes though due to the media (and a lot of crime that was done in the 80's - 90's to Chinese shops outside of Chinatown were from Black dudes), but with our generation I don't think Chinese people really give a ****. 

Some older Chinese people still hate Japanese people, but of the hundreds of Chinese people in NY I know, only one has ever really said anything about it. I've been to Japan with my parents and they are cool with it, my dad actually used to work for the Japanese and knows some of the language.

Chinese Americans and Chinese immigrants love Korean ****, but Koreans hate everyone. I didn't really understand the differences between Asians until I was about 7, my mom used to always invite my Korean friend over to my house after school to play, but his mom would always decline and say he was busy. I found out from him later that the only reason he wasn't allowed over was cause his mom hates Chinese people.

But yeah, there's a lot of self-hate that Asian Americans have towards themselves cause of mass White media. I love myself though, no homo.

TLDR:
- Chinese people probably don't hate you
- Chinese people don't help each other out on the basis of being Chinese
- If you're White you get better service at Chinese restaurants than me
- Koreans hate everyone
- Lots of Asian Americans feti****e White folk

unfortunate cuz Korean women are prime :smokin

I wanna smash CL so bad

View media item 1607292
View media item 1607293
View media item 1607294

unfortunate cuz Korean women are prime
smokin.gif

I wanna smash CL so bad

The chick above your name is better looking, lol.

The chick above his name annoys me to no end.

TF is she doing?

Having a seizure?

TF is she wearing?

TF is so ******* funny?

Why isn't the .gif longer?

Just....arahrbuabdubad......

Last edited:
Is there some sort of bad blood b.t the Japanese and Chinese?

I assume because of the occupation of China

Second Sino-Japan War (Rape of Nanking + Unit 731).

This is Unit 731:

I actually visited this place and couple years ago. Probably the scariest, most unnerving place I've been to.

Japan fails to acknowledge what they did in textbooks.

Senkaku Islands.

Yeah...i never really knew that Korean's viewed themselves much higher than any other Asians until college.

Growing up in BK, there wasn't much koreans around. And the ones I met were cool and didn't have a chip on their shoulder.

It wasn't until I got in college and i thought one of my fraternity brothers was Chinese. I still remember the face he had like i insulted his whole family :lol:

and he told me it wasn't anything personal, but it was just the way he was raised. koreans have a lot of pride in being korean so they walk around like they got a chip on their shoulder.

hell, some of the korean clubs in NYC wouldn't even serve chinese customers.

but i agree with @Polymerase that the chinese don't have a sense of unity. and for most folks, it seems like no one takes pride in being Chinese.

Arguably so but I'll give you that. Still I want yambs from all different nationalities. Before I could even dream of settling down I need at leat foreign yambs from at least 30 foreign yambs from different countries

Last edited:
Yeah...i never really knew that Korean's viewed themselves much higher than any other Asians until college.

Growing up in BK, there wasn't much koreans around. And the ones I met were cool and didn't have a chip on their shoulder.

It wasn't until I got in college and i thought one of my fraternity brothers was Chinese. I still remember the face he had like i insulted his whole family :lol:

and he told me it wasn't anything personal, but it was just the way he was raised. koreans have a lot of pride in being korean so they walk around like they got a chip on their shoulder.

hell, some of the korean clubs in NYC wouldn't even serve chinese customers.

but i agree with @Polymerase that the chinese don't have a sense of unity. and for most folks, it seems like no one takes pride in being Chinese.
I'm assuming cats from NY don't have pride in being Chinese or Taiwanese, but tell that to the folks here living in SGV and LA. We rep that Chinese pride out in our businesses and streets :lol:

My Korean chick from college got cut off back when her parents found out I was gettin in dem guts.

She and her family look extremely happy with her new White BF.

I'm assuming cats from NY don't have pride in being Chinese or Taiwanese, but tell that to the folks here living in SGV and LA. We rep that Chinese pride out in our businesses and streets :lol:
It was wild when I ventured to the 626 for the first time.

My Korean chick from college got cut off back when her parents found out I was gettin in dem guts.

She and her family look extremely happy with her new White BF.
I ain't surprised. Some Asian parents see white people as cash cows and security blankets :smh:

It was wild when I ventured to the 626 for the first time.
love the 626 :pimp:

Y'all my brothers from another mother :nthat:

Last edited:
Yes, family members have been in business with other Asians.

Here's what they think in general:

Japan - Very respectful, lot of integrity, but very cheap

Korea - Guys are cold, girls are princesses who thrive on drama; generally only hang with other Koreans; strange because I'm cool with a lot of Korean folks

China - Very smart, go-getter types, but can be very impersonal/unfriendly

Vietnam - Hard-working folks, but can be very slimey/snake-like

Thailand - Very kind and accommodating people, less business-like than others

Philippines - Very friendly, flexible people who welcome you like family; they seem to enjoy life the most; I'm personally partial to Filipino girls

Last edited:
@mojodmonky1

What's up with Korean people and Christianity. They go so hard over here. Is it like that in Korea or is it just a really visible minority here? Would the "average" Korean person be interested in converting or is it just a fixed subset of people and their lineage/community?

are you talking about Korean Christian communities in America or Korea? In the US they definitely go hard. I grew up in a Roman Catholic household (albeit, at a Korean Church) so my experience was a bit different. Some of my friends and relatives though grew up in a typical Korean American Christian community and its crazy.

I think part of it is just the overall Korean nature of competitiveness to be the best. Even piousness is a competition. I've heard (but never witnessed with my own 2 eyes) that in some of the bigger churches they straight publicize the monthly donations given by its members. Its all about being the best. He who gives/sacrifices the most money is the best. One of my best friend's parents are like that, and to me its insane. These people arent millionaires, yet they are donating tens of thousands of dollars on the regular to the church. He's told me of instances where his dad straight up bought a brand new car, in cash, since the pastor needed a new car. wtf? My buddy's parents are devout hard working people, but it just seems like their Koreanness is getting them caught up in it.

I think people need to realize why Koreans have so much bitterness towards other asians (particularly Chinese and Japanese).

Korea has always been the victim. Throughout all of  Korean history they were the victims and towards the Chosen period, Koreans had a mentality of always being a victim.

If Korea wasn't conquered/subjected to the Han Chinese, then it was the Jurchens. If it wasn't the Jurchens, it was the Mongols. If it wasn't the Mongols, it was back to the Han Chinese. If it wasn't the Hans, it was the Manchus. If it wasn't the manchus, it was the Japanese. Esp. during the Japanese colonization era where Korean culture was degraded to ashes.

Korea came to be one of the poorest country to one of the richest. Korea is the perfect example of an underdog story. A nation of people that were always seen as weak and inferior is now what almost every east asian country strives to be. Esp. S. Korea's economic growth in the 1960s and 70s.

I think this is the reason why Koreans have so much hate towards other asians. Koreans were always treated like **** from other asians in the past. Now that Korea is at top, and the others are at the bottom, why play nice?

Of course, this is just my view based on my knowledge and how I see things.

spot on. For Koreans, its effectively a part of our DNA now. I mentioned it in an earlier post, but Koreans have a word to describe this feeling.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Han_(cultural)

Its crazy. I bet most, of you Korean American brethren who never heard about the concept of Han instinctively know what it is, even if you didnt know it was a thing. Its hard coded into us.

Serious question.

Who was most proud of Jeremy Lin.

Chinese or Chinese-Americans?
Wrong choices.
Taiwanese and Taiwanese Americans are the most proud.

But Chinese Americans also rep for Jeremy Lin in general

Last edited:
:rofl: Why would they be proud of him? That guy is not good.
Because Taiwanese people ain't never had a guy like Lin be in the league, and the first modern Taiwanese American player in the league to at least be decent for a short period.

When Yao came in the league, as a Chinese American, I was like damn, Chinese people finally made it. I can see why Taiwanese or Asian Americans can go crazy when they see their own kind in the league.

Lin would have flourished if he was still a Warrior. Warrior fans are proud anyways but they backed Lin hard when he never had playing time. I think he had some press conference at Stanford and you'd think with the crowd he had, he was Steph Curry or something.

sorry i edited it to asians wanted to see an asian flourish :lol:
And nothing wrong with that.
I admit Lin has been trash for the past 3 years, but at least Asian Americans don't have to get regularly get boxed in to be portrayed as nerds by lamestream media. Like word, most of us ain't good enough to be doctors or engineers.

Back
Top Bottom