Ask a Cop whatever.....

Sorry that happened to you and the other person.

And ouch. Can't stand on my own? Gotta call for backup if **** hits the fan? I can, and I do. Sorry I don't meet your standards as a man.

I sincerely hope you get over your hatred and desire for all cops to be dead. God bless.

Honestly I don't wish death on anyone I said that out of anger I can't help but get in my emotions when it comes to this subject so I apologize for that statement. But I sincerely believe that there's no hope for you (cops). Lost cause imo. It's all about authority. You all have the same mindset and you've demonstrated that in this thread. Like I said before misguided with good intent at best.

Thanks for making this thread and your service.

I've been highly considering becoming a cop or CO lately. Almost to my 30's, and I am not happy where I am at (no degree)

You mentioned, Hiring process was (and should be similar for all agencies) a written test, physical test, background check, polygraph/voice stress test, and then interviews.

How was the written test?

How was the Polygraph/voice Stress test?

> What do they ask? Say I've stolen, used, smoked or sold drugs before do I admit to that? Do I say no and hope for the best?

How long would you say it was since you applied, went to academy, to first day on the job?

Did it cost you anything to get hired? 

Did you have to give up Social Media?
The written test was VERY basic. A bunch of generic questions. The polygraph/voice stress test comes after your background interview. You'll meet with a detective and they'll ask you everything you'd be embarrassed to answer. Just gotta come clean. After you've aired all that out, if they decide to let you continue, they'll schedule you for a polygraph/voice stress test. There, they'll ask you if there is anything else you wanted to add to your history. After all of that is squared away they only really ask you, for example, "Other than the drugs you've disclosed to us, have you used any others," or, "Other than what you've told us about your criminal history, have you done anything else?" Ideally of course, at that point all of your answers will be "no."

From the day I applied to getting hired and starting the academy was 5 months. Academy was 6 months. Phase training (where you ride around with a senior officer grading you) is 4 months.

No cost to me to get hired.

They recommend giving up social media but I didn't. But I never really posted much anyway.

If you saw a mother run out the store with food, diapers & enfamil..or whatever for her kids.... would u turn the other cheek?
I would stop her. Would I write her a ticket? I'd leave that up to the store owner/manager and it'll be a citizen's arrest at that point. 

I dont kno what delusional, naive game you tryna play, but miss me with all that. You a bad cop too if you admitting to profiling people in any way. Dont you take some oath to uphold the law? By profiling, you a bad cop too. You over here tryna play coy n ****, with all this naive ****. You kno what im talkin bout, the **** is all over the news. Man shot by police, left to bleed as cops cuff him, tell him he deserved it for not acting a certain way. Then bull**** with each other while they call for no medical help for the victim. Also, to ya point about tellin the officer to "****", gaurantee someone tell you that, you gonna snap. Dont come on here lyin tryna be the good guy n spew all this bull****. You just admitted to profiling, so im sure that aint the furthest youve gone.

**** you n the other pigs you stand with on that blue line homie!

Last edited:
What do you let people get away with besides speeding and tint?
Drugs/paraphernalia. All depends on the person, their attitude, their priors. If it's a holiday I take that into consideration too. If the person is cool its not uncommon for me to let them dump the drugs/destroy the paraphernalia and let em walk.

Honestly I don't wish death on anyone I said that out of anger I can't help but get in my emotions when it comes to this subject so I apologize for that statement. But I sincerely believe that there's no hope for you (cops). Lost cause imo. It's all about authority. You all have the same mindset and you've demonstrated that in this thread. Like I said before misguided with good intent at best.
Utmost respect for your opinions

I watched a documentary about the Oklahoma City bombing the other day and I thought it did a good job of showing some of the shortcomings of law enforcement while also showing the value that they have

I dont kno what delusional, naive game you tryna play, but miss me with all that. You a bad cop too if you admitting to profiling people in any way. Dont you take some oath to uphold the law? By profiling, you a bad cop too. You over here tryna play coy n ****, with all this naive ****. You kno what im talkin bout, the **** is all over the news. Man shot by police, left to bleed as cops cuff him, tell him he deserved it for not acting a certain way. Then bull**** with each other while they call for no medical help for the victim. Also, to ya point about tellin the officer to "****", gaurantee someone tell you that, you gonna snap. Dont come on here lyin tryna be the good guy n spew all this bull****. You just admitted to profiling, so im sure that aint the furthest youve gone.

**** you n the other pigs you stand with on that blue line homie!
If you read my reply to yours, I was saying I've never seen it in my department or while I've been on the job. I've seen the news. I'm not blind to it. I'm not naive enough to think it's all BS and that its something that the media makes looks worse than it really is. It's a real thing. You don;t want to hear it obviously but I share SOME OF the same opinions you do about police.

And you make all these claims like you know me. Please don't say, "you're all the same." I've been called every name in the book and a bunch of made up names too. You guarantee that if somebody told me to **** off I'd snap and do something extra about it? I guarantee you I wouldn't. A consensual contact is just that. If you tell me to **** off I have to leave you alone. So you're making guarantees and I'm making guarantees. I'm telling you how I work. If you don't believe me then you have absolutely no obligation to. I read your opinions and how you feel and I respect it. I really can't see though how you know me enough, if at all, to tell me who I am.

I don't know you at all. I sincerely hope that your viewpoint on police can be changed down the line. Unfortunately I'll probably never meet you and be able to try to talk to you personally to help with that.

I watched a documentary about the Oklahoma City bombing the other day and I thought it did a good job of showing some of the shortcomings of law enforcement while also showing the value that they have
Which documentary?

I've been to that memorial and it's well put together. That 9/11 memorial in NYC though is insane. I spent like 4 hours in there and honestly, could have spent a couple more hours. Definitely recommend it.

Read this book then tell me how you feel. Very short read.

View media item 2417394
http://www.mensenrechten.org/wp-con...-dangerous-superstition-larken-rose-20111.pdf

I've also got about 6 other books that prove your occupation is immoral

I will when I get a chance.

Out of curiosity, what would be your ideal way in which law enforcement works? Ive heard/seen/read peoples opinions and just wondered what changes they would make, short of getting rid of law enforcement altogether. For instance you say the people I work for are evil. If we got rid of all of them, there would still be crime though and thus the need for law enforcement.

Last edited:

Out of curiosity, what would be your ideal way in which law enforcement works? Ive heard/seen/read peoples opinions and just wondered what changes they would make, short of getting rid of law enforcement altogether.

police should be obligated to serve and protect as needed period. NOT enforce law and harass. You all need to mind your damn business. Anytime police officers encroach upon others initiating violence we should be able to defend ourselves with zero repercussions by deadly force if necessary. There needs to be a universal understanding about what rights actually are and our freedoms by birthright as human beings. This is not understood by over 95% of the population.

Last edited:
Which documentary?

I've been to that memorial and it's well put together. That 9/11 memorial in NYC though is insane. I spent like 4 hours in there and honestly, could have spent a couple more hours. Definitely recommend it.

It's just called Oklahoma City

It's on Netflix

For one, more training. Be it psychological education, martial arts (moreso for the discipine), better communication skills, n scenarios that will stress out a potential officer in any given situation. Most of all, make an effort to get to kno the people in your jurisdiction. This kan be by public services on given days, such as picnics, fairs, or even just a simple a town meeting. By interacting with those in your jurisdiction regularly in a non-crime related environment, you kan build a relationship outside the cop-criminal/witness/victim scenario. Then those living in the area wont feel as wary to those patrolling their neighborhoods. The police will also see them as people, n not potential criminals. You kan build personal relationships, to an extent of kourse, n better understand why a person is doing what they do, n how to approach them given an incident. Its too much disconnect between the police n those in the jurisdiction. That will lead to trust issues from both sides. Better, more extensive training n building relationships with those the police are to protect, will go a long way. Of kourse there will still be criminals n crime, but if the people trust their officers, they will be a lot more cooperative. It also wouldnt hurt to have police live in the actual cities they work in.

Out of curiosity, what would be your ideal way in which law enforcement works? Ive heard/seen/read peoples opinions and just wondered what changes they would make, short of getting rid of law enforcement altogether. For instance you say the people I work for are evil. If we got rid of all of them, there would still be crime though and thus the need for law enforcement.

We live in an environment engineered to require police. And this is centuries in the making. That's a whole nother subject that I can go into if you want. Will we ever see a world without police? Not in our lifetime. But that doesn't make it right. It can never be and will never be something that's justified in the scope of truth. But again you have to have a prerequisite of understanding when it comes to real truth and freedom before you can begin to see it. If you actually do read that PDF with an open mind then you're automatically better than most cops imo

Last edited:
police should be obligated to serve and protect as needed period. NOT enforce law and harass. You all need to mind your damn business. Anytime police officers encroach upon others initiating violence we should be able to defend ourselves with zero repercussions by deadly force if necessary. There needs to be a universal understanding about what rights actually are and our freedoms by birthright as human beings. This is not understood by over 95% of the population.
I added a line to my last post and guess you started your reply before you saw it. How would getting rid of the people I work for change anything in regards to law enforcement?

In regards to your response, if I'm reading it correctly, police should strictly answer radio calls? If officers initiate violence then you know what I agree, you should be able to defend yourselves with whatever level of force is APPROPRIATE. I mean if a cop pushes you I can't condone shooting him. There are entirely too many variables and too much gray area. But hypothetically.......

If you're just talking to a friend on a sidewalk and an officer comes up to you out of nowhere and punches you then you know what, I agree. You should be able to defend yourself. If there are other factors though, we just have to look at it on a case by case basis. 

For one, more training. Be it psychological education, martial arts (moreso for the discipine), better communication skills, n scenarios that will stress out a potential officer in any given situation. Most of all, make an effort to get to kno the people in your jurisdiction. This kan be by public services on given days, such as picnics, fairs, or even just a simple a town meeting. By interacting with those in your jurisdiction regularly in a non-crime related environment, you kan build a relationship outside the cop-criminal/witness/victim scenario. Then those living in the area wont feel as wary to those patrolling their neighborhoods. The police will also see them as people, n not potential criminals. You kan build personal relationships, to an extent of kourse, n better understand why a person is doing what they do, n how to approach them given an incident. Its too much disconnect between the police n those in the jurisdiction. That will lead to trust issues from both sides. Better, more extensive training n building relationships with those the police are to protect, will go a long way. Of kourse there will still be criminals n crime, but if the people trust their officers, they will be a lot more cooperative. It also wouldnt hurt to have police live in the actual cities they work in.
Thank you and I 100% agree. I don't know what part of the country you are in but I see a good amount of that in my area and I know you don't know me but believe it or not I make that effort. Like I said I'll come at you with the utmost respect until you've done something to lose it. I know a good amount of people in the places I work and can stop and talk to them comfortably cracking jokes and laughing. Again, thats me. Not everybody. And I can only speak for myself and what I do and how I work. I'd much rather drive around my division and have people to wave at me with a whole hand  instead of 1 finger. How much change am I going to make? Really can't measure it to be honest but if I'm steering things in the right direction with the community then I'm at least meeting one of my goals.

I think a good amount of the disconnect here between our opinions is I don't see all of this really bad stuff first hand. I guess I'm fortunate enough to where I work in a department/city where all of this major nationally reported stuff is not happening. There's shady stuff going down I'm sure, but if I don't know about it then I can't do anything about it. The only thing I can control completely is myself. I may work for evil people but believe me, I do me out there, which some people may or may not like.

Last edited:

For real, cops are so *** backwards and morally bankrupt that they routinely go out of their way to trip you up. It could be something as routine as a traffic violation and they want to start digging trying to find something to get you for.

He's talking about upholding the law.

**** the law. The entire system is ******* broken. That's the issue, we can't spot treat it, it needs to be torn down and rebuilt. We incarcerate more of our own people in this nation than any other country on earth.

Police officers are simply agents of a broken, inept, corrupt system. This is a prison (and war) economy. How the **** can you eliminate crime when the system runs on it?

**** a Q&A an AME, whatever you want to call it. You know the issues. For this thing to work we need a focus on rehabilitation, education, and opportunities for at risk youth and those with criminal records alike. All the ******* money this country spend on prisons in this ******* country, we could be funneling that money into the neighborhoods that need it most.

In our current model cops can't ******* help. Especially when the majority are not even from the neighborhoods they patrol. It doesn't help that so many cops are coming home from having served and now we have these militarized police forces across America who treat people like they're the enemy. It's a dangerous job though right? Well tell that to your union, the folks who want the drug war and lobby to keep abusive, exploitative, unconstitutional laws and policies in place.

But I get it officer friendly, you're cool, you're relatable....

...Problem is you're just a good apple of the (bad) bunch.

Don't shoot.

Last edited:
I don't have a problem with police in and of themselves, been to other countries where cops don't act like blood thirsty wolves. For example, in 2014 Germany had as many police shootings in one year that I can count on one hand.

I have a problem with race soldiers/white supremacists who join the police, such as this guy, when it is well known throughout law enforcement (federal, state, and local) that white supremacists are joining them with bad intentions.

The "good/bad" cop question can be disposed of decisively. We need only consider the following:

i. Every cop has agreed, as part of his job, to enforce laws; all of them.

ii. Many of the laws are manifestly unjust, or even cruel and wicked.

iii. Therefore every cop has agreed to act as an enforcer of laws that are manifestly unjust, or even cruel and wicked.

There are no good cops.

- Dr. Robert Higgs

I have mixed feelings on the theory and practice of policing in its current state, especially not being white and all.

think I'll leave it there.

still, I just wanted to acknowledge the fortitude it took to sit here and offer what I found to be responses that were at least well considered and fairly candid.

we have to remember that this is just some guy, a single man in a vast, incestuous political and corporate machine larger and more pervasive than any of us really appreciate.

perhaps he himself has not had time and space to consider these things.

he doesn't have​ all the answers, but at least he is attempting to address the many legitimate criticisms and it's honestly fascinating to get a glimpse of how it feels on the other side of an egged windshield moving through the streets of a deservedly angry and terrified populace.

I don't know if I could have done this Q and A myself...then again, I wouldn't be a cop.

Last edited:
So there is this cop that lives in my building, there is a space on the street that says NO STANDING space big enough for 1 car between two driveways, however he's treated this like his personal parking space 7 days a week 24 hours a day, when the regular peeps like myself have to pay the building for a space or drive around searching for a space, my question is, if I see that space open and park there, will I get a ticket? And if I do and have prove that this cop has been parking there for over a year as he sees fit and gone untouched, what will a judge tells me when I debate the ticket? I didn't know cops and their civil cars were immune to traffic laws...

ii. Many of the laws are manifestly unjust, or even cruel and wicked.

Well many laws need to be enforced otherwise society breaks down and we might as well be living in Afghanistan.

- We shouldn't live in the wild west where people are having quick draw gun fights in the middle of the street.

- Private property should be protected from intentional damage and theft

- There should be laws to protect peoples liberties and rights, and to be free from harm

anything else is something a bureaucrat made up in his/her sleep, such as jaywalking. But jaywalking could get you hit by a car which is "protecting your right to be free from harm." Its a thin line. So we get into what should the degree of punishment be for breaking certain laws?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom