Ask a former NIKE Basketball employee...

You are wrong about that, know why? They've, Adidas, been using the Mi Coach for a minute now, and the tech is optional. They could have, but didn't force it upon the consumers, and therein lies the difference.

Nike is forcing this system on their consumers, just to jack up the price on the item. It is not needed at all, especially for their target audience, which are not even ballplayers.

They are targeting those silly little sneakerheads.

That's what he's saying, that Adidas can't charge the $300 price point because no one would buy it. Nike can because targeting those "silly little sneakerheads" as you called them has been an incredibly successful business venture for high priced, limited items.

That's what he's saying, that Adidas can't charge the $300 price point because no one would buy it. Nike can because targeting those "silly little sneakerheads" as you called them has been an incredibly successful business venture for high priced, limited items.
You are correct, Nike has cornered the market of the stupidity exhibited by its core sneakerhead customer. They exploit that stupidity by putting out limited items, those that do not help their bottom line as a company, which also has effected their earnings over the past six quarters.

Adidas on the other hand, is going in a different direction it seems by focusing on quality and not hype. It seems to be working, as they've actually grown over those same six quarters.

Now mind you, I have no quarrel with anyone who simply digs kicks, then is not partial to any brand.

But those of you who think that you've gotten something special, just because it features a swoosh and was limited, and you've spent a car payment in order to attain it, you're a fool. Some seem to think that you are going to get laid by wearing these kicks, which is down right pathetic.

Last edited:
AKA let me address the first comment:

May be lying about owning a performance car:  Bruh Im WAAAY too old for that and have posted links where people can google me and what I do and have done ten times over. I dont need co-signing.... but as a grown **** man... I can compare apples and oranges if I find the justification in doing so.   You have to remember it is YOUR OPINION and ONLY your opinion that you are right about Science. 

You say I need to disprove science... but I havent seen ANY science surveys stats or the like to prove that the cushioning I prefer doesn't make MY feet less swollen, feel less fatigued or perform MUCH better for me. Nor any other individual player.  Where have you posted it on a GRAND level let alone individual one. 

There you go making sweeping opinions as facts again which is what deters the conversation and open forum discussion.

Another comment:

It is not the people who dig sneakers whom you have a quarrel with.

My question... why do you have a quarrel with ANYONE...?  Why would you care about the young ones who apparently think they can get laid because of Nikes... .. However.. I will stand up for the youth by saying... who has never wanted to have a fresh pair of Kicks, be it Nikes, Adi or Reeboks when going out with their girl as a young buck?  Whats so wrong with that?

Have you ever heard surveys where women state the first thing they notice about a mans appearance are his feet?  Hell Ive always made sure from youth being poor to now being where I am in suits or sneaks that my kicks aren't booty and always fresh. No Scuffs on my dress shoes or sneakers. Why is that so wrong.  Why do you care so much?

When it comes to my kids, Ill teach them the values in what are important but my man you seem to be so head strong that YOU are that person sent to be the person who hammers down what is wrong and right.  Instead of just saying this or that... its ONLY this. 

Nike's fooled the masses. In marketing.. thats sort of their job. To sway and obtain brand loyalty.  Why are you so dead set against their success and give it no credence what so ever. You at some point have to realize.. everyone you are talking to and discussing things with are not 12 - 16 year olds.  Not everyone is beneath you. You are not all knowing and at some point should be able to ascertain business is business is business. IF Adi were so great.. If Reebok were so great... they'd be leading where Nike is now.

Theyd be ALL you dont want Nike to be.  Whats wrong with ME or anyone and everyone else liking what we like for the reasons we like it without being fools, sychofants, sheep or whatever else?

As much as everyone else is wrong you very well could be too about Adi and blinded by them. However for most of us we wont lose sleep or seek those out who have that brand loyalty for another Brand. There is a reason Niketalks "other brands section" can hold ALL other brands convo's on one page most of the time without the page moving much... because everyone here while appreciating other brands plenty... are here to hear about Nike products.

I guess I just wonder why you are so dead set on believing ALL you say is true and factual when most is opinion based just as much as anyone else.  

PS.. if Cars which are 12 Cyclinder are not performance cars, then I am incorrect on me owning any. As making up stuff aint in my wheel house.

AKA let me address the first comment:

May be lying about owning a performance car: Bruh Im WAAAY too old for that and have posted links where people can google me and what I do and have done ten times over. I dont need co-signing.... but as a grown **** man... I can compare apples and oranges if I find the justification in doing so. You have to remember it is YOUR OPINION and ONLY your opinion that you are right about Science.
I don't have to post links to anything but the info that is required. Who I am, what I have, and what I may do really doesn't matter. I'll leave that to people who have something to prove.

In regard to what I've stated against Nike, pro or con, I've only stated facts, not opinion, nor rumor and conjecture. I've used data, scientific means to back up my positions.

Quote:
You say I need to disprove science... but I havent seen ANY science surveys stats or the like to prove that the cushioning I prefer doesn't make MY feet less swollen, feel less fatigued or perform MUCH better for me. Nor any other individual player. Where have you posted it on a GRAND level let alone individual one.

There you go making sweeping opinions as facts again which is what deters the conversation and open forum discussion.
Nope, you don't need to prove anything when you give your opinion on what works for you. However you do when you use generalizations pertaining to what is good for everyone, in regard to tech over quality, especially in regard to pricing. You need to back up your claims by showing that the tech that you hold dear, actually works. You can't prove that by showing guess work, you need solid proof showing that your claims are actually valid.

Quote:
Another comment:

It is not the people who dig sneakers whom you have a quarrel with.

My question... why do you have a quarrel with ANYONE...?
Because you have all of these so called experts running around suggesting what is good, then what isn't good in regard to performance.

Quote:
Why would you care about the young ones who apparently think they can get laid because of Nikes... .. However.. I will stand up for the youth by saying... who has never wanted to have a fresh pair of Kicks, be it Nikes, Adi or Reeboks when going out with their girl as a young buck? Whats so wrong with that?
Self esteem, priorities.

Quote:
Have you ever heard surveys where women state the first thing they notice about a mans appearance are his feet?
It's the first chapter in the Goldigger handbook.

Quote:
Hell Ive always made sure from youth being poor to now being where I am in suits or sneaks that my kicks aren't booty and always fresh. No Scuffs on my dress shoes or sneakers. Why is that so wrong. Why do you care so much?
Do you wear the clothes, or are the clothes wearing you? Cat's don't realize how much of a mark they are while walking around all brand new...but trust, I don't care as to what any of you do, I'm jus' sayin'.

Quote:
When it comes to my kids, Ill teach them the values in what are important but my man you seem to be so head strong that YOU are that person sent to be the person who hammers down what is wrong and right. Instead of just saying this or that... its ONLY this.
Again, you are not debating the info that I've presented in regard to Nike, you are questioning why I am doing, what it is that I am doing.

Quote:
Nike's fooled the masses. In marketing.. thats sort of their job. To sway and obtain brand loyalty. Why are you so dead set against their success and give it no credence what so ever. You at some point have to realize.. everyone you are talking to and discussing things with are not 12 - 16 year olds. Not everyone is beneath you. You are not all knowing and at some point should be able to ascertain business is business is business. IF Adi were so great.. If Reebok were so great... they'd be leading where Nike is now.
Again, not addressing what I've presented.

Quote:
Theyd be ALL you dont want Nike to be. Whats wrong with ME or anyone and everyone else liking what we like for the reasons we like it without being fools, sychofants, sheep or whatever else?

As much as everyone else is wrong you very well could be too about Adi and blinded by them. However for most of us we wont lose sleep or seek those out who have that brand loyalty for another Brand. There is a reason Niketalks "other brands section" can hold ALL other brands convo's on one page most of the time without the page moving much... because everyone here while appreciating other brands plenty... are here to hear about Nike products.

I guess I just wonder why you are so dead set on believing ALL you say is true and factual when most is opinion based just as much as anyone else.

PS.. if Cars which are 12 Cyclinder are not performance cars, then I am incorrect on me owning any. As making up stuff aint in my wheel house.
You've ventured so far away from what you are debating against, that I don't even think that you know where you are going with this.

But from the way it sounds, you'd love to legitimately hold a position at the prestigious land of the swoosh this time around.

I ain't mad at ya'! You can't be any worse than Jason Petrie!

Last edited:
[h1]speculation[/h1]
noun

the contemplation or consideration of some subject: to engage in speculation on humanity's ultimate destiny.

a single instance or process of consideration.

a conclusion or opinion reached by such contemplation: These speculations are impossible to verify.

conjectural consideration of a matter; conjecture or surmise: a report based on speculation rather than facts.

engagement in business transactions involving considerable risk but offering the chance of large gains, especially trading in commodities, stocks, etc., in the hope of profit from changes in the market price.

You are a lost cause my man.  A lost cause in deed.

When you dont have an answer you say it has nothing to do with what you've presented. 

Ok. 

The position I hold in life now is far more prestigious than any Nike could offer.   Trust me... the convo and debate you held was for a time legitimate... but its run its course.

"because" is never an answer.

Good luck debating with everyone on stuff that has run its course. truly.

When you dont have an answer you say it has nothing to do with what you've presented. 

Ok. 

The position I hold in life now is far more prestigious than any Nike could offer.   Trust me... the convo and debate you held was for a time legitimate... but its run its course.

He had a spark when he started....lol...

This is the thread of the year
pimp.gif

this and i'm only on like page 7. :pimp:

Quote:

Ok. 

There you go talking about yourself again! Nobody asked you about you, and nobody asked if I were a cause of any kind! I realize that you wanna be the man around these parts! You are ready to prove to all that you have the inside dope! I do not want to topple your throne! No comp here! I don't want to work for Nike! In fact, Nike can completely kiss my black *****!

So let's get you back on track, because it is you that seems lost.

Originally Posted by NikeDealer

AKA... Im confused.. you simply want a shoe with Leathers or is well put together?

The cushioning doesnt matter? Thats apart of the tech. Zoom Max.. Hexalite Climacool whatever.. those are all apart of the sneaker and its comfort...

Surely a well put together shoe can still be ucomfortable. See dress shoes. Best craftsmenship ever in Italy... but hot damn they arent the most comfiest shoes.. until you break them in a realize its all wood lol.

Range Rover Jaguar and a few others... thought to be the best put together rides ever... OR just expensive but always in the shop.

You can relate these things across the board.

Yet no one can tell me Tech... in the tooling anyway... doesnt make a difference in the ride of the sneaker.

Answer this question, why is the Nike Air Monarch the best selling Nike shoe ever?

This is a fact, that this shoe is the best selling for Nike, ever.

If you do answer this, you'll then understand why your opinion on what is important in a shoe, really amounts to nothing but a hill of beans.

Meanwhile, my point still stands. TECH should not be the determining factor in regard to the price point of a shoe, nor does it contribute to its popularity in the real world outside of Nike Talk. Quality should be that factor. Nike doesn't do quality very well, so they sell people like you, tech. You weren't born with shoes on your feet, especially ones with Zoom air. If you have a problem with your feet swelling, then it is you with the problem, not the sneaker. Only a bunch of mislead individuals, those who have been brainwashed into thinking that they should pay some one hundred eighty dollars for a plastic shoe, due to it being filled with zoom max, feel that there will be a drastic difference made to their game and social lives, due to their wearing them. 

I don't care if you or anyone else buys it or not. In fact, I cannot wait until I see someone on court with this shoe, so I can give them the Gasol test. 

I hope it's a three hundred dollar pair as well!

Last edited:
Monarchs being the most sold shoe doesnt mean it's the best shoe out there. People's opinions will vary but they are constantly at a low, affordable price and are sold in more places than other shoes.

lol why you guys even bother with him is beyond me. hes personally attacking all nike buyers by implying they get raped. it always comes down to personal attacks with him. just let him get himself banned again for the billionth time :lol:

Monarchs being the most sold shoe doesnt mean it's the best shoe out there. People's opinions will vary but they are constantly at a low, affordable price and are sold in more places than other shoes.
Again, this is a subjective comment. How would you judge what is the best shoe out there? Are they buying for value and quality, over hype?

As previously stated, smart people value their dollar, looking for quality and value first, over hype.

Wouldn't you agree?

Wouldn't this explain the seeling power of this shoe, over that of even the Air Force One juggernaut, which is a much older shoe?

lol why you guys even bother with him is beyond me. hes personally attacking all nike buyers by implying they get raped. it always comes down to personal attacks with him. just let him get himself banned again for the billionth time
laugh.gif
Yet again, another comment not dealing with the questions posed, but someone else speaking on what it is that I am supposedly doing.

You seem to be a smart guy, so why don't you explain why the Air Monarch is the number one selling shoe in Nike history, even over that of your hero Kobe Bryant's line?

Is it the value and quality, or is it the tech?

There are far more people willing to buy shoes that are $45 over paying $130 bucks for Kobe's. That being said, those same people might not be necessarily looking for something lightweight, with zoom air (IMO the best cushioning out there), or anything flashy. My dad wouldn't buy Kobe's because of the way they look, that's not to say he wouldn't think they are more comfy than his NB runners. Also, there are people that don't care what they wear and will even wear running shoes to play basketball. The Kobe's are advertised to a certain demographic. The monarchs are not advertised because they essentially sell themselves with the low price tag and higher availability. Have you ever heard of monarchs selling out or not being available anywhere? I haven't. Limited production runs can garner a higher price tag added in with a set group of people that want a certain type of product with a look and name behind it and that's why Nike can charge such prices. Common sense if you ask me, really...

There are far more people willing to buy shoes that are $45 over paying $130 bucks for Kobe's. That being said, those same people might not be necessarily looking for something lightweight, with zoom air (IMO the best cushioning out there), or anything flashy. My dad wouldn't buy Kobe's because of the way they look, that's not to say he wouldn't think they are more comfy than his NB runners. Also, there are people that don't care what they wear and will even wear running shoes to play basketball. The Kobe's are advertised to a certain demographic. The monarchs are not advertised because they essentially sell themselves with the low price tag and higher availability. Have you ever heard of monarchs selling out or not being available anywhere? I haven't. Limited production runs can garner a higher price tag added in with a set group of people that want a certain type of product with a look and name behind it and that's why Nike can charge such prices. Common sense if you ask me, really...
But you are missing the point, and that is VALUE.

How much you wanna bet that the Monarch, will last longer than Kobe's shoes? This means that they are better made as well, more durable, more bang for the buck. Outside of Nike Talk, this means a whole lot more than a shoe containing zoom air. This, is what people consider to be a better shoe, much better than anything that is touted on here. If that were not the case, then Nike would find another to produce for the masses.

Nike charges higher prices for cheaper quality shoes like the Kobe line, because the fan base for such a product is gullible enough to buy it.

This is why I loved watching 'sheed play in his Air Force 1's, of which did NOT have zoom air.

But you are missing the point, and that is VALUE.

How much you wanna bet that the Monarch, will last longer than Kobe's shoes? This means that they are better made as well, more durable, more bang for the buck. Outside of Nike Talk, this means a whole lot more than a shoe containing zoom air. This, is what people consider to be a better shoe, much better than anything that is touted on here. If that were not the case, then Nike would find another to produce for the masses.

Nike charges higher prices for cheaper quality shoes like the Kobe line, because the fan base for such a product is gullible enough to buy it.

This is why I loved watching 'sheed play in his Air Force 1's, of which did NOT have zoom air.
Saying that the Monarch lasts longer than Kobe's shoes: isn't that SPECULATION?

Saying that the Monarch lasts longer than Kobe's shoes: isn't that SPECULATION?
Nope.

One of the biggest issues and complaints about Kobe's most recent line of shoes, the lows, have been about the durability, or lack thereof.

As well as these, two hundy, right?

These, two fiddy, right?

Even LeBron's PE's could not hold up....

How much you wanna bet that the Monarch wearers didn't have to worry about this?

The pictures you posted are the exception, not the rule...
I guess that I should warn you that I have more, and there are many more right here on Niketalk, some even on this thread.

The quality of Nike shoes, especially the current crop, is completely unacceptable, especially for the prices they are now charging.

Monarch rules....
laugh.gif

I just held a pair of the latest Foamposite release and it's a shame how they bastardized the shoe and raised the price. :smh:

Yes talking about myself by saying holding the position I hold is MUCH more prestigious than one Nike could offer... 

Yet it was you who said I wanted to work for Nike right?

Bruh you've slipped back to the old you.

The position I spoke of is called Father hood. I need not explain why its better than all the other positions you claim I want and prefer... impressing people is not what I need to do... but as I said... its YOUR way of a discussion or no way.. because what you say isnt conjecture or speculation when it fact it is as much as anyone else making comments or commentary. 

Keep swinging that stick my man.... good luck...

Has any of your Nike bashing swayed anyone towards your radical side of thinking yet? I havent seen one person say .... you know what... that guy is right... Im crazy for liking Nike. lol..

Good luck on that Nike bashing Crusade..... you held my attention for a bit but now its turned into Charlie Browns teacher again.... 

Noble Im with you... this thread has taken a turn for the extreme worse... Chalk one up for Coach Hubie on that one... lol  He wins again

By the way... 

to compare a Basketball shoe being worn by the best players in the world having extreme abuse put on them to a shoe worn mostly by folks for casual wear is absurd.

Hypocrite..... I'd say so. lol

Check YOUR surveys... the Monarch is a shoe worn by folks almost DAILY hence why they come back EVERY year to purchase it over and over again. It does NOT last forever.. and you could wear a basketball shoe everyday if the same type of stress were put on it.

See all shoe collectors

And you did know that Sheed had custom Nike ortho inserts to be able to ball in the AF1's right? It's not like it was the AF1's you and I bought.

Back
Top Bottom