At What age did Life Get Real for You?

I would say 22.
Still in school and not fully on my own yet, but I do have a 7 month old. Life has picked up a bit, but not in a bad way.

You?

18, but turning 19 a few weeks after an incident where my father got sick. He's recovering still to this day (since July 2010), but life has been real ever since then.

lol @ some of the ages posted/going to be posted.

yall dont know how real life can get.

21. I was a college graduate having the most difficult time finding a job. Smh. Lots of hungry days fam
30t6p3b.gif

17. Good buddy of mine killed himself. Worked 40 hours a week. Things got real after that. 

22 for me, seeing all these younger cats doing better than me aint whats up 
30t6p3b.gif
 not to mention i started college late

back when I was 14 and was working getting 50 dollars every two weeks 
sick.gif
...needed more $ to "survive"
but on some real real.....last year when IRS came to collect those back taxes from 08 (3 years without giving em a dime for that year) 
30t6p3b.gif
....messed me up real bad and still owing....

Right now I'm 22 and just graduated college/gained financial independence from my parents. I always knew I'd consider those milestones when things got real... on an emotional level, I felt pretty grown up when I delivered my cousin's eulogy at 20 .... felt like I grew up then and there 
30t6p3b.gif

A couple weeks ago when my boy signed with the colts and I'm still in school.
30t6p3b.gif

Always thought I'd be the first out of the crew to make it big, now I gotta settle for 3rd.
Oh, I'm 22 btw.

18. My cousin died at 16, and that's when I realized life really does not give a !*+# about anyone or anything

16 - when I started working.  School, work, school, work, school, work from ages 16 - 24. 

Before that it was just school, home, watch t.v., play ball, shower, eat, sleep, repeat.

I'm gonna say last year at the age of 18. Once college and work started, my life turned on in a matter of days.

this year, moved out of my parents house. got fired from my job, got reinstated at a lesser pay rate. bills still the same amount though.

trying to make ends meet some how
tired.gif

im 23

Back
Top Bottom