At what point would life not be "worth it" to you anymore?

I had an aneurysm in my arm at the age of 5. If my mom hadn't of noticed the growth that night, I likely wouldn't make it til the next day; it was that enlarged already. I reflect on it, not all the time, but it does cross my mind as a self-reminder of sorts.

As far as the threads question goes, I would think it would have to be if I'm (way) older and I've found myself alone with no friends or family.

If i got aids, chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis and pink eye all at the same time then lost my job got drunk married a 600 pound hoarder and got arrested for sleeping on a park bench after all that i would give up

Al an Colombia, hats off to you. I'm the one that builds Lego sets to kill time on my recovery. Family is what keeps me going, but putting my future wife or mom through a state where they have to care for me, I just wouldn't be able to do. Especially with my mom, she did it with me at birth for 8 months a second round would just eat me up inside. I pray to the man upstairs to give me just that, letting me take care of her in old age as she took care of me.

Alzheimer's
being paralyzed,
blind

columbia is gonna live a good long life. He's gonna see Ninjahood get da jesus piece.

As long as I have clarity in my head, then I want to live. As long as I can make a difference for someone else in any shape or form, I want to live.

Last edited:
Honestly man, I don't want to live alone on this planet. If I'm ever at a point in life where I have no family and friends, then my time on this earth would be over. Also I'm not interested in being in a veggie state or a long coma. I would hope my people would pull the plug at that point

- Incontinence on a regular basis
-Significant loss of mental capacity
-Loss of mobility

When all three of those happen, I'm swallowing a 230 gr lead pill

Although I've experienced a lot of things that would break people; imprisonment, almost being sent up the river, shot at, gun jammed  in my face, being homeless, countless of reckless solo accidents, held dead friends in my arm and the list goes on.

And yet, after all those things I had reached a point in my life where I wanted to end it. Depressed out my mind.   My relationship was crumbling in front of me. I lost my faith in God (swt). I was drinking heavily. I had sole custody of my daughter at the time. Felt like the world was on my shoulder.  Luckily someone talked to me over the phone not knowing I had the pistol in my lap with my mind made up.

Now that I am older, I truly appreciate every moment that I have.  I am thankful that I went through all that. Nothing in the world bothers me anymore. I just laugh it off because nobody know the half.  I know that regardless of the circumstance, I am still here. I ALONE is worth everything regardless of the situation or outcome.

Although I wonder what I would do as a parent to see my child die before I do.

It will break my heart but I am so much stronger. I'm sure I wouldn't be the same anymore.

Last edited:
something tragic happened to my seed and wifey. Has to be both, because if one remains I would need to be strong to support us. If they are both taken then I'm gone.

For me if i'm ever at the point where the conversation of "pull the plug" comes up, pull it. I want to live, not survive.

paralyzed, blind or deaf
Dang. I'm 60% deaf...Kind of insulting. 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom