Athletes you wish had a better career than they did

Dudes like T-Mac and Iverson had dozen of opportunities to make it and win a chip. Players like Johnny Flynn, Joe Alexander were given PT but they just never took full advantage of it.
Brandon Roy however is just tragic. Dude was on pace to become one of the top SGs. I know the team wouldn't exactly be the same but the current Blazer team + Roy...man the capabilities are endless. They might even win it all.

LaRon Landry. Swiss army safety. Thought he could do it all on the football field.

Then went the David Boston route.

juan dixon (i started watching CBB because of what this dude was doing at Maryland...what happened to that boy? [/clipse])

jahvid best (that concussion he suffered at cal was gruesome..probably ruined what could've been a great career. an every down back with that sort of speed and elusiveness against nfc north defenses...just give the lions the division)

jamarcus russell (not a raiders fan but I wanted to see this dude bring that organization back from the coffin.
ended up digging them a deeper grave)

Steve Logan (when I heard the warriors were taking a look at him, I was so hopeful)

Shawn Bradley..come on blood, how are you that tall but have the post up game of a middle school point guard? let alone, be that tall and barely have a presence in any game

any USA sprinter who is currently running in the era of Usain Bolt

Don't get me wrong when I say this (TMac had an awesome career) but he's my pick for this thread. By better, I meant I wish injuries didn't plague him. He would probably be considered in the talk for GOAT would he not?.. :frown:

NBA
Penny Hardaway
Yao Ming
Sebastian Telfair
Yi Jianlian

NFL
Peter Warrick
Greg Jones
Lorenzo Booker
Bob Sanders
Shawne Merriman

Last edited: