Bachelor Pad.

Where are those sectionals from

Both from West Elm.

Found the bed I'm getting yesterday from Havertys. And also bought all of my appliances at the Sears sale. All of this is too exciting, my cousin will be out by the end of the month then we can get started on all of the renovations.

I wish I could do stuff like this for a living. I'm having too much fun planning everything out

Anybody have one of these? Need to figure out a color and how many lbs I need

^ nice pad. How many sq?

Love the kitchen. Thats the first thing i check whenever im looking at an apartment for some reason...although i dont cook 
laugh.gif

726 sq/ft. The living room is bigger than it looks, about 16x16'.

I live in a 460 sq/ft studio right now and the thing that kills me is the kitchen counter space. I got a blender, mini oven, and rice cooker and that pretty much takes up all the room. I didn't start cooking until I moved out on my own. :lol: . Cereal and sandwiches got old pretty quick...

726 sq/ft. The living room is bigger than it looks, about 16x16'.

I live in a 460 sq/ft studio right now and the thing that kills me is the kitchen counter space. I got a blender, mini oven, and rice cooker and that pretty much takes up all the room. I didn't start cooking until I moved out on my own. :lol: . Cereal and sandwiches got old pretty quick...

Holy crap... where do you live? And how much is the rent if you don't mind me asking.

thats whats up. I stay in a 723 sq apt now. My previous was 650. It wasnt too bad but i felt like i was cramped up in there at times. I was damn near touching my kitchen in the living room and a step away from my bathroom/bedroom 
laugh.gif

Moving into a new apartment in a couple weeks. Can't decide if I wanna go with a comfy Sofa + Chairs or a sectional...

Dope, this is exactly how I want my next spot to be, large, nice kitchen with a city view. Where is this? Current apt now is 1 br, 920 sq ft though, probably the sun room that gives it that extra.

Last edited:
Wake up in the morning reading the news with a cup of coffee:

ch_210114_14.jpg

Fix your turkey sandwich with a panoramic view:

hb_040214_18.jpg

Chat it up with company in your house while enjoying the weather outside:

ch_210114_08.jpg

Enjoy the fire pit on a cool summer night by the lake:

oh_201113_12.jpg

I want that life :frown:
Imagine something like this in Sausalito that would be :nthat:

Its in Seattle blocks from Downtown.

Can't wait to upsize. My 460 sq/ft is liveable. I can have company over and it's not too bad but I'm definitely looking forward to the move.

What do you guys think between these two couches from Crate & Barrel? I got a 15% coupon on the mail and they're doing free shipping starting Thursday. I think the axis looks better but the lounge is deeper and comfier.

http://www.crateandbarrel.com/lounge-83-sofa/s598347

http://www.crateandbarrel.com/axis-ii-2-seat-sofa/s229415

Anybody in here live in DC? Looking for a bachelor pad in DC.. moving to the area in the summer, starting my career with Microsoft, moving from Texas.. I need some tips!

Anybody in here live in DC? Looking for a bachelor pad in DC.. moving to the area in the summer, starting my career with Microsoft, moving from Texas.. I need some tips!
are you going to the office in Chevy Chase, right off Wisconsin Ave? 

yessir! that's where i'll be... from what I currently know..
very nice area but super EXPENSIVE...the entire Wis Ave corridor really, and traffic is horrible. since that area is very congested id suggest you familiarize yourself with the bus lines and metro since the FH bus depo and metro station are only a few blocks from that office...

depending on your price range, just about anywhere off the western portion of the redline is a decent location and things get less expensive the further up Wisconsin Ave/Rockville Pike you go (rockville, north bethesda). if you feel like living facier, downtown bethesda and of course Friendship Heights/ Chevy Chase...

prices should get cheaper as you go east, def check out spots in downtown silver spring and check near fort totten...the N2 bus runs from fort totten metro to friendship heights...

i think downtown Silver Spring is a great location...

Last edited:
So here's a question - would you rather spend like 5% of your purchase price on renos and upgrades or would you just buy a brand new place at that point? Is there a rule of thumb for this sort of thing?

Back
Top Bottom