Baggy Clothes Appreciation

If we are talking about the baggy era in NY... I know ya remember 28th st & Broadway. Cats had the bootleg game on smash. I know a lot of ya got at least one thing from their in that time. And I know ya remember these...
roll.gif
at 28th and Broadway. Bootleg central. That's where everyone would get those black North Face coats from.  I only got one thing from there and that was a Kobe Bryant fauxthentic jersey. It was spot on to the Nike one with the exception of the size tag being silver instead of a darker grey.

Sean John or Akademiks velour + white tee + white on white Forces (+ the fresh S curl kit)
1372.17293.L.JPG

I remember being so hyped when I got an Akademiks velour lol.

Sadly I used to dress much like this, along with a fitted and matching du-rag.

I kinda see what old heads were talkin about looking at the pic with dude in the red hoody..back in the day if someone like that approached me I wouldnt of thought anything now someone did that I know wassup just based of his attire

my only gripe with the tall tee era was hunting them down. being 6'5" sucked back then, especially when they fit you properly but some 5'7" peter-puffer wants to swim in a 4XLT. I eventually had Champs hold me down but still. up yours, all of you. :tongue:

^ :smokin :smokin :smokin

Hip hop community is wearing sports gear again. Small jerseys and mad snapbacks. You see everyone wearing them now. :smh:

word, i seen some cats rocking well fitted jerseys, no shirt under, in the summer. perfectly acceptable. but rockin' throwbacks to the club just ain't gonna fly no more

What were those NBA rhinestone jackets....Cam'ron wore those...Jeff Hamilton? Those were dopey dope :D

Never into baggy clothes, some co-worker scallywag back in the day used to clown me for wearing tight jeans. Granted, they weren't as fitted as jeans I wear now (Levis 508, 514, 521), but wore pants that were like 569's for the longest. Loose, not baggy, and people thought those were tight back then. Now I think 569's are too baggy.

Not going to lie, I didn't rock baggy clothes back in the day simply because I was in awesome shape. :lol:

Now, I'm not but clothes are a little more fitted. Hitting the gym #beastmodedontcare nowadays.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom