Barkleys' v. Penny's

barkley's line would've been defined if they would've named more shoes after him alot sooner...

Originally Posted by clearsole23

Do you even have to ask? Doesnt penny have more shoes anyway
Must be a youngin'.

As much as I love the Penny's, I would say the Barkley's.

JR5

just for reference....

nike-air-alpha-force-ii-1.jpg

olympic180a.jpg
air-force-max-1.jpg

air_cb_bot_300.jpg
am2_cb_front_300.jpg

nike-air-cb34-godzilla-95-charles-barkley-shoes-1.jpg
air-cb34.jpg

nike-air-cb4-page.jpg

supercbo.jpg

cb4_2_blk_wht.jpg
cb4_2_blk_wht_5.jpg

ur kidding with this right?? like barkleys can even compare to penny's......come on man....

Originally Posted by Swerv1n

ur kidding with this right?? like barkleys can even compare to penny's......come on man....
uhh yeah they can.

before the godzillas were retroed those goin for some serious cake as a OG

Originally Posted by Untitled

Originally Posted by Swerv1n

uhh yeah they can.

before the godzillas were retroed those goin for some serious cake as a OG
your a hardcore barkley fan. i can respect that. but deep down inside you know the penny line is better. the foam alone is a deal breaker fam.
now if you just wanna say that barkley had more kicks then yeah of course. just remember, quality>quantity always.

Barkley's can't even compare? Now that's jus ridiculous and sad...and as stated before it is quality over quantity and while penny has 4 qualityshoes, barkley has like 6...

I like the look of Barkley's shoes better, but as for performance and comfort, I'd have to go with Penny's.

Originally Posted by denverairforce

when's the last time you saw a 100+ page thread on barkleys?
umm lets see maybe the Godzilla topic,

pennys nowadays is mostly all about hype

Barkleys > Pennys

I don't think the 'zillas went to 100 pages. maybe they did. still, that's probably the only one. the last 3 Penny retros all went to somethinglike 300 pages. I'm not saying that's the end-all of the argument, I'm just illustrating a point. you can call it hype, or whatever you want, butthe simple fact is that there are more people (young or old) interested in penny's models than barkley's, at this point, on this forum.

me personally, I think the Air Force 180s (again, not technically a sig shoe, just like penny and the zoom flight 96) are incredible kicks and probably myfavorite barkley-related shoe, but overall, to me (and I'm old), Penny's line just came with the innovation in performance and style all at the sametime, whereas a lot of the Barkleys were fairly representative of other bball kicks coming out around the time. Penny's were on a whole 'nother levelwhen they came out, for the most part. that's why I have to give the edge to Penny.

still, I think you guys should pick your 4 favorites from each line and compare them side by side. it's a more even comparison that way.

the foam one alone crushes all barkleys. end of story. (on the other hand, i never been a fan of any of the other penny shoes).

Originally Posted by SylvesterMcGrizzly

Length of a thread means nothing but hype and hype doesn't factor into the quality of a model

and can any barkleys hold up to the quality of a foamposite or liquid?
im not being sarcastic, i really want to know if both of my godzillas can last as long..
penny>barkley

Back
Top Bottom