Barkleys' v. Penny's

^that's key, it's just opinion. and in regards to the length of a thread not relating to the quality, that wasn't at all what I meant. my point wasthat NT is overwhelmingly biased for the Penny line. that was the point of me asking "when was the last time you saw a 100+ page Barkley thread?"earlier. it was to imply that the majority of the responses to this thread attempt would be "penny>barkley". that's all. i think that'sproven true thus far. the people love the foams. personal opinions aside, I don't think any shoe in the entire Barkley line will ever become as popular asthe Foamposite 1 has.

ya buggin slouchin on barkley's durability...the shoes were made for charles barkley...his game was anything but finesse...

I love Barkleys as much as I love Penny's. but thats a no brainer. The penny's. every shoe is nice except the 4's. as far as barkleys, I think thefirst 3 were cool everyone after that was eehhhhhhhh

I have the CB34s....and a matching godzilla shirt...and I would have to say my PENNY's are a much more unique shoe. If we talking neck snapping...heatlike people who are not even shoe heads going what are those?? PENNYS.....

seeing that the blk/grey/wht air force max are my grail, i'm goin to have to go w/ barkley.

It is based on opinion but my thng is everyone keeps sayin foams, foams, foams....that's jus one shoe...and not to all of yall but many couldn't pickout a penny sig shoe out of a lineup a couple yrs ago...now everyone is penny crazy...that's jus my opinion...yes penny has a great sig line but shoe forshoe, barkley is alot deeper

When though I love Barkleys and dont have one Penny. Pennys are defintely the superior shoe line right now. They look more modern than the Barkleys do now.

I think one thing that i coming out of thi thread i that Penny' are gettign a resurgence this year, and that ha added to their popularity. A few year agoit might have swayed towards Barkley, who knows. Nevertheless, Pennys do look more current than Barkleys and added to their current popularity I see whyeveryone is favoring the Penny line.

Barkleys had the potential, but in the end, Pennys came out on top. Foams, Penny I's and II's are too much vs CB34s

penny's line had more creativity, cb's were just bulky but i like them both and they're great

personally i take the barkleys slightly over the pennys. watched sir charles posterize cats in middle and high school. barkley sigs introduced a couple offirsts for me. air force 180 with the 180 air bubble and the cb 34 , air max cb, cb 94 and force max with the max air bubble in the rear as well as thedinosaur looking teeth on the lateral side. may be old stuff now but back then, it was fresh.

If we are talking shoe for shoe, Barkley's by a long shot.

I see people saying foam this foam that. More hype then anything else, unless you are in NYC or Bmore/DC

If you are younger then 25, 26, you can't have an appreciation for either shoe, because none of these retroes comes close the the originals.

Originally Posted by Untitled

Woah...woah woah!

Barkley had more SIGNATURE shoes

So by the default his line was better (more variety)

air force 180, Air force max cb, air max2 cb, cb34 (godzilla), cb34 (air max uptempo midsole/outsole)

Super CB, CB4, CB4 II(total max uptempo midsole/outsole).

Im a fan of both lines, but since when does quantity overpower QUALITY. Barkley's got decent shine around that Jordan retirement and thats it. Im sure thefoamposite clan will give you enough slack alone! youre right about one thing, there is plenty variety, with that being said, if youre looking for this classic"variety", head on over to ebay where you can find all these with the exception of one and a possible. go penny!!!

I like the Barkley line...
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by cmoneymontana

I see people saying foam this foam that. More hype then anything else, unless you are in NYC or Bmore/DC
oh i see. so, if you don't live in NYC or DMV, then you're basically just a mindless idiot with no opinion of your own? it's allbecoming so clear to me now.
nerd.gif

both lines are appreciated but as far as looks go, Penny takes it hands down.

It seemed as though more were put into the Penny line as far as marketing,
technology, personalization, logo, lil penny etc...
where as the Barkley line seemed to stay pretty consistent with air max.

Originally Posted by denverairforce

oh i see. so, if you don't live in NYC or DMV, then you're basically just a mindless idiot with no opinion of your own? it's all becoming so clear to me now.
nerd.gif

Well back in 97, when the foams first hit, these were the areas that they were in abundance.

I'm guessing you are in/from Denver right? So 90% of the sneakerheads there had these in 97? I doubt it.

What I'm saying is Penny foams are more hyped now, then before when they first came out.

If you are not atleast 25, you had no idea what a foam anything was back in 97.

You know what they are now due to mostly the hype surrounding the shoe.

If we are talking shoe for shoe, Barkley's by a long shot.
thats how i feel, penny got the superstar foamposites and 1/2 cents, but barkley had all consistently hot sneakers, except those superCB's...those were trash.

I think that back in the day, Barkley's shoes were more popular than Penny's. Now a days its something different, with the recent Penny retro's,the whole world thinks Penny's are the only thing that matter. People need to calm down and see through the hype and see things for what it is.

Back
Top Bottom