Belichick has been taping since 2000, Goodell tells Specter

yeah, because the Pats are the ONLY organization to do this. get real people and wake up from your little dream world.
You think Belicheck just stumbled upon this since he was a head coach.
This goes way deeper than that. He learned it from somebody (Parcells) who learned it from somebody.
And not to mention, how many Pats assistants have been plucked to go to other teams and how many teams have been influenced by Parcells (and that include everybody's new favorite team, the Giants).
I really don't think people wanna open this can of worms.
It's gonna be like the steroids thing in baseball. nobody admitted to anything until that Mitchell Report came out and then people who got caught said "yeah, I did it."
people need to give it a rest. But I guess when you are pretty much the best at what you do, people will take any shots they can at you.

-J-

Dude, you have no clue about whats about to happen to your team.

roll.gif

Originally Posted by GMSboy1

Originally Posted by DSK aka iLLoQuent

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

What's gonna end up being the breaking point is if, the allegations of the Pats taping the Rams walk thru ends up being true. If so,
[biggie] better kiss yo +$@ goodbyeeeeeeeee[/biggie]

Yep.
Him taping back all the way since 2000 is terrible, but not shocking IMO. And not to make ANY excuses for this franchise, but him taping in 2000 didn't help at all (the team went 5-11). 2001 came the SB win (if they cheated vs. Rams, like Gunna said....they're done)....2002 they didn't make the playoffs.

Taping other teams signals or w/e the hell they do is a disgrace to the game and is certainly cheating. But I guess what I was trying to say was it doesn't make or break a game...you still have to go out there and perform. The reason I could say this is even if, let's say, they used tape in EVERY game since 2000....you would have thought they would have had more "perfect" regular seasons like the one that passed, no? The fact that they went 5-11 the first season, won the SB but could have been easily been ousted in the divisional playoffs due to the tuck rule and proceeded not to make the playoffs the following season shows me that the taping is an unfair advantage but it can only help you for so much. Look at the year that just passed...they got caught during the first game of the year, were forced to hand over all evidence they still had and was destroyed and proceeded to go 18...and 1
frown.gif
. Obviously, the tapes had a minimal impact on their "success" before the SB so at the end of the day, the players still have to play and perform.

Again, don't get me wrong. Ever since this thing was blown up, I've always been level-headed and criticized them for doing what they did and IMO the franchise will be ruined if its proven they cheated during the SB. But taping can only get you so far...

Come on dude didn't the Patriots win 21-22 straight games spanning part of two seasons and the playoffs..

is that really "minimal"? Plus all that winning gave the Pats really good players for cheap. Rosy Colvin (A Midway monster)

played for peanuts just to get a ring

and Moss just up and quit in Oakland yet as a Pat...

That is an excellent point. You have guys like Moss, Colvin, Stallworth, Thomas, etc. that want to go to the Pats because they are proven winners.

Originally Posted by DSK aka iLLoQuent

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

What's gonna end up being the breaking point is if, the allegations of the Pats taping the Rams walk thru ends up being true. If so,
[biggie] better kiss yo +$@ goodbyeeeeeeeee[/biggie]

Yep.
Him taping back all the way since 2000 is terrible, but not shocking IMO. And not to make ANY excuses for this franchise, but him taping in 2000 didn't help at all (the team went 5-11). 2001 came the SB win (if they cheated vs. Rams, like Gunna said....they're done)....2002 they didn't make the playoffs.

Taping other teams signals or w/e the hell they do is a disgrace to the game and is certainly cheating. But I guess what I was trying to say was it doesn't make or break a game...you still have to go out there and perform. The reason I could say this is even if, let's say, they used tape in EVERY game since 2000....you would have thought they would have had more "perfect" regular seasons like the one that passed, no? The fact that they went 5-11 the first season, won the SB but could have been easily been ousted in the divisional playoffs due to the tuck rule and proceeded not to make the playoffs the following season shows me that the taping is an unfair advantage but it can only help you for so much. Look at the year that just passed...they got caught during the first game of the year, were forced to hand over all evidence they still had and was destroyed and proceeded to go 18...and 1
frown.gif
. Obviously, the tapes had a minimal impact on their "success" before the SB so at the end of the day, the players still have to play and perform.

Again, don't get me wrong. Ever since this thing was blown up, I've always been level-headed and criticized them for doing what they did and IMO the franchise will be ruined if its proven they cheated during the SB. But taping can only get you so far...

The problem with this argument is that, this 18-1 season the Patriots were like never before on offense. I believe they were very lucky to get such greatacquisitions over the last off season just in time to become a "legit" powerhouse team to shrug off accusations that their success was due tocheating. I think the reason they were never close to being undefeated before is because, like you said, the players still have to go out there and execute.I'm sorry but the Pats squad was never all that...

Originally Posted by JordanXI45

yeah, because the Pats are the ONLY organization to do this. get real people and wake up from your little dream world.
This goes way deeper than that. He learned it from somebody (Parcells) who learned it from somebody.
And not to mention, how many Pats assistants have been plucked to go to other teams and how many teams have been influenced by Parcells (and that include everybody's new favorite team, the Giants).
It's gonna be like the steroids thing in baseball. nobody admitted to anything until that Mitchell Report came out and then people who got caught said "yeah, I did it."
people need to give it a rest. But I guess when you are pretty much the best at what you do, people will take any shots they can at you.

-J-

roll.gif

nothing is going to happen. trust me. it's not like this is going to go before congress or anything.
I wish people would stop and think for a second instead of having blind hate for a team. The Pats are about as hated as the Yankees on this board, if notmore.
You mean to tell me that Bill Belichick invented the use of video taping?
It's been going on as long as the game as been around, in some form or another. teams will try to get any advantage over an opposing team.
wins = $$$ in all professional sports.
people will say it's wrong, but people act like, and I say it again, they are the only team to do this.
if you truly believe that, then I feel sorry for you.
I think the underlying issue here is that people want their professional sports to be pure and it's just not the case.
again, can of worms that people really don't want to open.
Hey, I'm a Pats fan and have been for the last 15 years. Nothing is going to change that.

-J-

Originally Posted by JBug88

Originally Posted by JordanXI45

-J-

roll.gif

nothing is going to happen. trust me. it's not like this is going to go before congress or anything.
I wish people would stop and think for a second instead of having blind hate for a team. The Pats are about as hated as the Yankees on this board, if not more.
You mean to tell me that Bill Belichick invented the use of video taping?
It's been going on as long as the game as been around, in some form or another. teams will try to get any advantage over an opposing team.
wins = $$$ in all professional sports.
people will say it's wrong, but people act like, and I say it again, they are the only team to do this.
if you truly believe that, then I feel sorry for you.
I think the underlying issue here is that people want their professional sports to be pure and it's just not the case.
again, can of worms that people really don't want to open.
Hey, I'm a Pats fan and have been for the last 15 years. Nothing is going to change that.

-J-

roll.gif

I can picture a scenario like at the end of 'Blue Chips' where Belichick holds a news conference, basically says 'Yeah I did it' and takeseverybody he possibly can down with him...throws in a 'Ya won't have Billy Belichick 2 kick around nemore' 4 good measure and ends up coachin apeewee league flag football team...

Yawn.gif
....... Wow another Patriots thread where all of thehaters come in to add their unvalued opinion.

Originally Posted by AM 1 FIEND

Yawn.gif
....... Wow another Patriots thread where all of the haters come in to add their unvalued opinion.
u have a giants sig, why u mad doggie? Pats are cheaters, period! if people want them left alone, they need to leave alone Barry Bonds, Marion Jones,Clemens, and anybody else accused of cheating. Everyone needs to be treated equally. And you, along with other Pats fans might not value others opinions inhere, but I do so you cant say their opinion is "unvalued".
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by xCautioNx

Yawn.gif
....... Wow another Patriots thread where all of the haters come in to add their unvalued opinion.
u have a giants sig, why u mad doggie? Pats are cheaters, period! if people want them left alone, they need to leave alone Barry Bonds, Marion Jones, Clemens, and anybody else accused of cheating. Everyone needs to be treated equally. And you, along with other Pats fans might not value others opinions in here, but I do so you cant say their opinion is "unvalued".
laugh.gif
I just find it funny how everyone turns a blind eye to the fact that all teams did stuff like this. The jealousy for the Patriots has surpassedKobe status on this board. Everyones team stole signals, videotaped and used other tactics. New England just happened to get caught against the Jets andit's opened a whole can of worms. Why do you think they were so adamant about the rule being enforced during last years rule-changes? The league was wellaware that every team was doing this and they attempted to put an end to it. Bill was arrogant and didn't think too much of the rule and was caught withhis hand in the cookie jar. I don't value any lame who throws the * on NE Super Bowl wins. You guys just come off as some salty @#% sore losers.

Originally Posted by dland24

Take away the rings. Period.

Montana's 4 rings>>>>>>Brady's 0
Yes I want the patriots to lose all their super bowl rings they don't deserve any of them they're cheaters period that's all they are andever will be. The tuck rule game will never be forgotten
smh.gif

Originally Posted by KingAJ619

Originally Posted by dland24

Take away the rings. Period.

Montana's 4 rings>>>>>>Brady's 0
Yes I want the patriots to lose all their super bowl rings they don't deserve any of them they're cheaters period that's all they are and ever will be. The tuck rule game will never be forgotten
smh.gif
No offense man, but you're a Raiders fan and you're just hating because your team had a giant turd taken on them by the Pats
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

I'm so glad all these people are tossing around the fact "everyone" did it. Prove it.

So you're insinuating that New England is the only team in the League to tape and that they are the only team to try to gain an advantage? Nobody wouldeven know about this if Mangina didn't dime them out. There is probably a rat out there for every organization that can dime everyones favorite team out
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

I'm so glad all these people are tossing around the fact "everyone" did it. Prove it.

So you're insinuating that New England is the only team in the League to tape and that they are the only team to try to gain an advantage? Nobody would even know about this if Mangina didn't dime them out. There is probably a rat out there for every organization that can dime everyones favorite team out
eyes.gif

"Probably" is the key word there. There *could* be many things going on, but were/are there? No one knows. If multiple teams start popping up, ifBelichek drops names, that's one thing. But until then, who's to say "everyone was doing it" when only one team was caught? There should atleast be some sign that another team was doing this, before people assume things. That's all I'm saying.

Originally Posted by JBug88

-J-
saltshaker.jpg

Originally Posted by xCautioNx

Yawn.gif
u have a giants sig, why u mad doggie? Pats are cheaters, period! if people want them left alone, they need to leave alone Barry Bonds, Marion Jones, Clemens, and anybody else accused of cheating. Everyone needs to be treated equally. And you, along with other Pats fans might not value others opinions in here, but I do so you cant say their opinion is "unvalued".
laugh.gif
I just find it funny how everyone turns a blind eye to the fact that all teams did stuff like this. The jealousy for the Patriots has surpassed Kobe status on this board. Everyones team stole signals, videotaped and used other tactics. New England just happened to get caught against the Jets and it's opened a whole can of worms. Why do you think they were so adamant about the rule being enforced during last years rule-changes? The league was well aware that every team was doing this and they attempted to put an end to it. Bill was arrogant and didn't think too much of the rule and was caught with his hand in the cookie jar. I don't value any lame who throws the * on NE Super Bowl wins. You guys just come off as some salty @#% sore losers.
let me ask you this; what do you think about Barry Bonds? Roger Clemens? Marion Jones? etc

But until then, who's to say "everyone was doing it" when only one team was caught? There should at least be some sign that another teamwas doing this, before people assume things.
There was never a sign of the pats doing it. It wasnt until New York snitched on them they got caught.

let me ask you this; what do you think about Barry Bonds? Roger Clemens? Marion Jones? etc
I think that they were great athletes who made some poor choices. I don't put an * on Barry, nor would I for Roger. Yes I believe they cheatedeven though they will deny until they turn blue in the face. Marion admitted it and her advantage was different since it was an individual sport. All I amsaying is all of the hate directed towards the Pats spawns from jealousy. If the Pats stole your entire play book and knew exactly what play you were going torun every time, then and only then would I put a * next to their SB's. Until that is proven I continue to laugh as all of the salty bitter losers chime in.

Originally Posted by K8be wan Kenobi

You guys just come off as some salty @#% sore losers.

wouldn't that be the Pats fans who are feeling that way? because the rest of America feels like they just won the lottery

The Pats are still way better than your team my man

Al Davis wouldn't have gone senile as early if it weren't for that foul cheating.....

Back
Top Bottom