Birth of a Nation sounds INSANE. vol. Nat Turner Slave Rebellion Movie (Teaser Trailer - p. 5)

Definitely wasn't this much outrage.

Uhhh there definitely was famb. I would say worst

Dude got a lifetime ban from US swimming, and over million people signed a online petition for a recall election against the judge.

Folk where outraged

Last edited:
I see the **** show is in full motion in here.

:smh:

The court of public opinion cats got what they wanted in here.

Bout to bump the other thread when this movie actually comes out.

Last edited:

2. So if I think someone is guilty, and they get off, but looking at the evidence I still think they are guilty I lose all right to criticize them not see their movie? wut?
We do it every time these murderers disguised as cops get off. It's only a problem when you agreed with the not guilty verdict.
Perhaps, we all have biases so I'm sure I do too.

But if an officer killed a black man 17 years ago, and there is no video, and that officer went on in the 17 years since that case being a productive citizen, why continue to ostracize? I'd like to think I wouldn't hold that against him 17 years later if a jury of his peers came to the conclusion that he wasn't guilty.

Bad choices follow you for life.
Of course they do...but that's not what I'm arguing.

So how bad is this situation for Nate Parker? He wasn't convicted, he was cleared. But is it somehow in the public mind (or at least the Hollywood mind) that the man is a rapist? Is he unlikely to ever find mainstream work again because this story blew up?

And how would this bar the actual movie itself from a potential Oscar nomination? Not saying that the movie would deserve an Oscar as I haven't seen it, but what does the personal life of the man have to do with objective analysis of the film?

Again, not trying to get into this back and forth yall got going on.

Birth Of A Rapist????? (w/ Miko Grimes) by The Brilliant Idiots | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Andrew Schulz and Charlamagne Tha God discuss Charlamagne going to a screening of "Birth Of A Nation" Nate Parker's rape case 17 years ago, Miko Grimes comes in to discuss online trolls and her issues with the NFL and more!!

Good listen

So how bad is this situation for Nate Parker? He wasn't convicted, he was cleared. But is it somehow in the public mind (or at least the Hollywood mind) that the man is a rapist? Is he unlikely to ever find mainstream work again because this story blew up?

And how would this bar the actual movie itself from a potential Oscar nomination? Not saying that the movie would deserve an Oscar as I haven't seen it, but what does the personal life of the man have to do with objective analysis of the film?

Again, not trying to get into this back and forth yall got going on.
He wasn't getting much consistent mainstream work before this.

This was suppose to be his big break to more mainstream work as an actor and director.

Given the work twice as hard to get have the credit mentality he's probably gonna have to do another 2 or 3 independent projects.

It ain't over for him at all. Plus there are pro.inent producers, directors, and actors that will go against the group think and still reach out to work with him.

If dudes want to put him in that Woody Allen category or Polanski category they both still get steady work. Yeah he's black but it aint impossible.

Well for one he was found guilty of a crime ya know? So was there suppose to be outrage for someone being found guilty? What's the comparison? :lol:

The outrage was about his sentencing

The comparison is how fake feminist react to things depending on who it is. Same way how the 7th Heaven dude was able to go under the radar.

Uhhh there definitely was famb. I would say worst

Dude got a lifetime ban from US swimming, and over million people signed a online petition for a recall election against the judge.

Folk where outraged

I never said people said it wasn't outrage. That was a situation where you had a witness and he was convicted and got a slap on the wrist. This is a situation where a man was acquitted years ago, no other evidence has came out and it's basically the same outrage in both situations. You would think it was a mountain of evidence on Nate and he got away with it the way some people are talking.

But I'm not surprised. :lol:

The movie was never not getting nominated for an Oscar.

I know we aint just forget the problems the academy had with not nominating movies and actors of color for anything.

This issue is calling in to question if the movie has a legit chance of winning before we even consider it's competition.

It'll be interesting to see if Nate gets nominated for his portrayal in the best actor category. If he does he definitely won't win.

Last edited:
The movie was never not getting nominated for an Oscar.

I know we aint just forget the problems the academy had with not nominating movies and actors of color for anything.

This issue is calling in to question if the movie has a legit chance of winning before we even consider it's competition.

It'll be interesting to see if Nate gets nominated for his portrayal in the best actor category. If he does he definitely won't win.

Convenient, right?

He was a black dude that got exonerated of a rape charge against a white woman.

That is more than enough for me. **** just doesn't happen unless there truly is no case.

On top of that... Any of y'all that have spent more than 2 years at a 4-year university likely know of many situations in which trains were ran.

17 years, not guilty, yet still riding his jewels about it like a rodeo.

Let this man flourish, y'all stay looking for reasons to hate on somebody.

Last edited:
EBONY.com: So you’re not the conspiracy theory guy? Like, they’re just trying to kill this story about Nat Turner?

Nate Parker: No. I’m like, it’s here now. And I’m going to celebrate Nat Turner and if he’s a leader who inspires me, I gotta face injustices in my own community. I gotta face my past, whether it be 17 years ago or 17 minutes ago. I gotta be able to look at it and say, well, you know, I have engaged in hyper-male culture, and I’m learning about it, and I’m learning how I can change and help young boys and young men change.

Seems like he's starting to get it...
maybe

Its a start I suppose.

mannnnnn, since I started teaching US History 8 years ago I would always tell me students "one day they will make a movie about Nat Turner, I promise" - canʻt wait for this film! I hope they do it justice

So roman polanski gets a pass from Hollywood (and most media) after raping a underage girl and fleeing the country to avoid prosecution but Nate Parker catching hell and boycotts and nobody saying ****. White privileged.

So roman polanski gets a pass from Hollywood (and most media) after raping a underage girl and fleeing the country to avoid prosecution but Nate Parker catching hell and boycotts and nobody saying ****. White privileged.
Roman gets a pass the same way R. Kelly does.

People in both fields still work with the dudes. They can't deny the talent.

Only difference is one is a fugitive and the other won his case.

It's hard to give dude **** and boycott him when he lives in another country and lives a mostly low profile. Not directing on a consistent basis. Compared to a younger black guy who is also an actor and isn't renowned for his talents but still an unknown for the most part like Parker.

So its him being black and his status in Hollywood.

It's hard to give dude **** and boycott him when he lives in another country and lives a mostly low profile. Not directing on a consistent basis. Compared to a younger black guy who is also an actor and isn't renowned for his talents but still an unknown for the most part like Parker.

It's not a pass if he won his case. He was proven not guilty. Roman on the other hand never even went to court. He knew he was gonna face time for drugging and rapping a 13 yr old girl.

It's not a pass if he won his case. He was proven not guilty. Roman on the other hand never even went to court. He knew he was gonna face time for drugging and rapping a 13 yr old girl.
Apparently we living in a world where it doesn't matter if you get exonnerated or the charges drop or you win (see MJ).

Hell Woody Allen aint even get charged but his name always gets brought up at some point.

mannnnnn, since I started teaching US History 8 years ago I would always tell me students "one day they will make a movie about Nat Turner, I promise" - canʻt wait for this film! I hope they do it justice
Hats off to you for teaching Nat Turner. What age do you teach?

8th grade. Wonderful way to teach my students to begin to analyze conflicting perspectives

Back
Top Bottom