Birth of a Nation sounds INSANE. vol. Nat Turner Slave Rebellion Movie (Teaser Trailer - p. 5)

Is this worth watching?

I tried watching some of their interviews before and everyone (except the chick sometimes) seems pretty uninformed about the guests.

Basic questions and mostly jokes.

First showing starts at 7 tonight, might wait until tomorrow at 12:30 pm.

Is this worth watching?

I tried watching some of their interviews before and everyone (except the chick sometimes) seems pretty uninformed about the guests.

Basic questions and mostly jokes.

nah it's really good but they let nate do most of the talking and had some ok questions

Last edited:
I think I said this already but my boy saw this months ago at a special screening in NY.

Said he loved it but it was too stylized. But I like stylized so I expect to love it.

My only problem is that the movie apparently doesn't tackle the issue of Turner's group killing white children, which I would have liked to have seen. Just to see how Nate Parker would approach that and if he would attempt to justify it.

I also want to see the depiction of the reprisal killings by whites, because apparently that in itself was pretty horrific.

Last edited:
I think I said this already but my boy saw this months ago at a special screening in NY.

Said he loved it but it was too stylized. But I like stylized so I expect to love it.

My only problem is that the movie apparently doesn't tackle the issue of Turner's group killing white children, which I would have liked to have seen. .
At the 18:30 mark in that interview that was just posted, he was asked that exact question.

My only problem is that the movie apparently doesn't tackle the issue of Turner's group killing white children, which I would have liked to have seen. Just to see how Nate Parker would approach that and if he would attempt to justify it.

I also want to see the depiction of the reprisal killings by whites, because apparently that in itself was pretty horrific.

I haven't seen it myself, but I read an article about the same thing. Basically saying they didn't want to include him killing white women and white children as to not deter white viewers from seeing the film.

which tells you all you need to know about how the film makers felt about readily including black women for the same thing

I sat in the parking lot of the theater for like 20 minutes after the movie. I can see why people will like it and dislike it.

Critics mad at Nate Parker but plantation/slave owners were forcing themselves on female slaves for hundreds of years

One of the best movies I've ever seen in my life.

Powerful is an understatement.

I disagree wholeheartedly.

I caught the 7PM showing last night and I honestly left the theater feeling nothing.

Well, not nothing because there's some gut wrenching scenes in the movie (the feeding scene in particular) but overall I felt a little disappointed.

I recommend everyone see the film because it's a good movie but it's not the epic tale I was hoping for.

Congrats to Nate for making a movie of this scale on a shoestring budget and getting his story told.

But I still feel 12 Years of Slave is the standard when it comes to movies depicting Slavery.

I give it a 3.5/5

Would you guys say 12 years a slave was more graphic and gut wrenching?

I found 12 years a slave very difficult to watch

Would you guys say 12 years a slave was more graphic and gut wrenching?

I found 12 years a slave very difficult to watch

Well, yeah, slavery was a horrific time and it should be depicted as one.

But that's not the reason why I prefer 12 Years a Slave over Birth of a Nation.

Simply put, 12 years is a better film.

Back
Top Bottom