Birth of a Nation sounds INSANE. vol. Nat Turner Slave Rebellion Movie (Teaser Trailer - p. 5)

We're Sorry! There are No Screenings in Your Area.
Unfortunately, there are no advanced screenings of this film within 50 miles of your zip code. If you'd like information about upcoming or future screenings, however, we invite you to register below!

Why is the Midwest so trash

This movie should be fire. His career in Hollywood might done. A movie about a black man rebelling against slavery killing white folks plus the digging up of a BS case involving a white chick.

So I heard this is getting a full release?

Hollywood studios --- don't f--- with their $$$

This movie should be fire. His career in Hollywood might done. A movie about a black man rebelling against slavery killing white folks plus the digging up of a BS case involving a white chick.

With what's going on in the country this movie will bank. Hollywood respects that green, he's not done.

I think the movie was shot independently. Wouldn't that make it the Hollywood distribution/production companies that don't f with their money?

I think the movie was shot independently. Wouldn't that make it the Hollywood distribution/production companies that don't f with their money?
Correct, FOX Searchlight bought the worldwide rights to the movie after its Sundance premiere.

So they'll want to make a nice profit from their original $17.5mm purchase price + costs. Of course, I'm sure the producers/Nate are getting in on it too.

Last edited:
No way Nate doesn't quadruple what he put in. He did this from the ground up.

Just on average, somebody that stars, directs and co-writes a movie is getting a check with 7 zeros. Then keep in mind he's also a producer and owned the film rights before selling distribution.

On the distrubutors side while the optics may not be the same for the big Hollywood budgets we see and hear about a 17.5 mil investment ain't no small amount. Plus there's the bigger investment in Nate.

Had this bull **** rape acquittal controversy not been drudged up a year or 2 from now FOX would've been promoting his next movie as "From the 'award winning' creator that brought you Birth of A Nation......" now it's most likely going to be "From the studio that brought you......."

Last edited:
The New School held a free screening last night which I missed because I had class.

I've been waiting for this film for months, going to see it at 7PM on Thursday.

Tonight's the night! Can't wait. My bae Michaela from How to get away with murder is in this too

Back
Top Bottom